Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua's Trainer: Klitschko Fight Was Perfect Learning Experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua's Trainer: Klitschko Fight Was Perfect Learning Experience

Rob McCracken, trainer of IBF, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (19-0, 19 KOs), says the spectacular fight with Wladimir Klitschko was the perfect learning experience. Last month, before a record crowd of over 90,000 fans at Wembley, Joshua stopped Klitschko in the eleventh round to unify the three heavyweight belts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

ortiz or winner of owendo-briggs could be mandatories too. but no fight til fall? wonder if thatll stretch out.

Comment

It was nearly a step too far but still came out unbeaten which is a bonus.
      He very nearly lost but would have learnt just as much even if he had of lost.
      So I don't think you necessarily learn more from losses than you do wins.?

Comment

Editor: Please note at no point did Joshua punch himself as stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
          Editor: Please note at no point did Joshua punch himself as stated.
          Lmfao, well spotted

Comment

I did not notice during fight josh punching himself like fury did as well.
            Punched himself out I think it meant

Comment

Lessons

Both AJ and Klitschko (even at 41) have learned from this. Klitschko learned that when the tree is about to fall, you don't stop swinging the axe until it's horizontal on the ground. AJ learned that if he wants to go into fights looking like Hulk Hogan he is going to burn out fast at this level and pace. I suspect Wlad's issue is an easy fix; but muscular bulk and power are central to AJ's fighting style. To fix that issue he would need to re-invent himself and come in lighter, and then probably find that when those bombs start landing, people no longer fall down.

Comment

JOSHUA's character surfaced and showed that he has the mental fortitude to be champ for a long while.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  It was nearly a step too far but still came out unbeaten which is a bonus.
                  He very nearly lost but would have learnt just as much even if he had of lost.
                  So I don't think you necessarily learn more from losses than you do wins.?
                  Nothing better then learning as much as you can...but winning in the process. AJ will definitely level up after this bout.

Comment

Working...
                  X