Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Jacobs Deal Done - March 18 at MSG, HBO PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care who wins, but I would favor Golovkin

just happy to see him finally take a challenging fight

they don't really need Jacobs, and they could have forced an unfair purse-bid

props to Gennady

..... so, the result of this fight will be that the WBA interim/regular title (whatever one Jacobs currently holds) will merge with the WBA 'super' title..... is that right?

Didn't the WBA say that they are phasing it out ?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      I don't care who wins, but I would favor Golovkin

props to Gennady

..... so, the result of this fight will be that the WBA interim/regular title (whatever one Jacobs currently holds) will merge with the WBA 'super' title..... is that right?

Didn't the WBA say that they are phasing it out ?
      Did Jacobs get his 40%? I can't seem to find anything that says how much Jacobs is getting...

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        The whole point of a hypothetical bet on Jacobs KO would be hoping that the odds were very favorable.

I'm not actually betting, and I'm not betting even odds with a random stranger on the internet.

I do think Jacobs has a great chance to win by KO, and the odds will probably be inflated in favor of GGG.

GGG gets hit too much and he doesn't move his head.

That's going to be a recipe for defeat against the wrong opponent.

I think Jacobs has a decent shot to upset the apple cart.

I haven't watched a ton of Jacobs, but I think his combination of boxing skills and power may be enough.

I like GGG and am not hoping for him to lose per se or anything, but styles make fights, and Jacobs could present a style to pay the bills.
        Well I'm in the thought pool that he got hit way too much because he didn't respect his opponents. He fought Wade, Kell Brook and Willie Monroe. THen when he fought Lemieux and Stevens, both high KO ratio punchers, he took his time and broke them down.

So I would bet on that too, but I wouldn't get anything back unless NY all of a sudden bet heavy on Jacobs

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Did Jacobs get his 40%? I can't seem to find anything that says how much Jacobs is getting...

no idea

I don't care how much he gets paid, so long as both guys are happy

props to Golovkin, that fight wouldn't have happened unless he wanted it

Comment

no idea

I don't care how much he gets paid, so long as both guys are happy

props to Golovkin, that fight wouldn't have happened unless he wanted it

Comment

• Comment

I don't care who wins, but I would favor Golovkin

props to Gennady

Didn't the WBA say that they are phasing it out
                ?
                You'd think so wouldn't you, but this is the WBA we're talking about. Have you seen the mess they made at 168? They've now got Chudinov and Groves fighting for the super title (despite neither of them being qualified under their own regs) because they fucked up by elevating Fedor before the Sturm II debacle to allow DeCarolis and Feigenbutz to fight for the regular. Guess they weren't counting on Adnan popping dirty. These guys truly have no shame, but maybe the magnitude of the GGG - Jacobs fight will encourage them to at least pretend to be reputable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  You'd think so wouldn't you, but this is the WBA we're talking about. Have you seen the mess they made at 168? They've now got Chudinov and Groves fighting for the super title (despite neither of them being qualified under their own regs) because they fucked up by elevating Fedor before the Sturm II debacle to allow DeCarolis and Feigenbutz to fight for the regular. Guess they weren't counting on Adnan popping dirty. These guys truly have no shame, but maybe the magnitude of the GGG - Jacobs fight will encourage them to at least pretend to be reputable.

yep, it would be truly strange to watch the title that Golovkin defended to break Hopkins record..... get phased out before Golovkin actually broke Hopkins record

how would that work ?

Comment

• Still a mismatch but a step up.

Comment

yep, it would be truly strange to watch the title that Golovkin defended to break Hopkins record..... get phased out before Golovkin actually broke Hopkins record

how would that work ?
                      Ha ha Well yeah, you already know my take on that one, but the WBA don't look in any hurry to do away with the excess straps anyways. Guess them easy $s just seem to good to pass up.

Comment

Working...
                      X