Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios is Lucky that wasn't Gamboa in there 2night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think Rios beats Gamboa

Gamboa is half the length of abril, Half the size, has nowhere near as good a defense, and is not a real jr welterweight. Meaning his punch resistance and relative power aren't as high as a real Jr welter like Abril.

It's an entirely different fight than Abril.

Abril is also mentally tough and tested. Gamboa has never been tested.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthookrightup View Post
      Rios is Lucky that wasn't Gamboa in there 2night.
      That's a stupid thing to say. David Diaz had a unanimous win over Erik Morales. Does that mean David Diaz would beat Manny Pacquiao?

Styles make fights. Triangle theories are for message boards.

Comment

Quotes

"Oh my god. That is horrible. That is absolutely disgusting. Rios did not win that fight. Abril schooled him. That is why boxing is a fringe sport. What did he have to do kill Rios to get a decision? Digusting. Somebody call the police. Abril robbed at judge point. I've seen WWE matches that were more legit than the scoring." - Dan Rafael reacting to the judges' scoring.

F--- this corrupt, self destructive industry. We suck as legit sport, Sorry kid (Abril), you should be a champ. You picked the wrong biz. As God is my judge, I'd love to get out of this filthy cesspool." Lou DiBella

"The decision was a disgrace, I won this fight!" Richard Abril

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          He didn't even make weight.

After all his complaining about Gamboa, he couldn't do the easiest part of his job descirption to make a fight happen. That fight would probably have been called off at the weigh in.

I said at the time that fight was 'announced' that Gamboa would wipe the floor with him, I still believe that to be the case.
          Gamboa is too small..

Rios would hospitalize him..

That's why he pulled out of the fight....just too small..

Comment

I knew Abril was getting robbed once they announced the first judges card, who had it 117-111 Abril. They only announce names when it's a SD, and I knew he was about to get f**ked. That was as bad a decision as Lara-Williams, it's up there. And it was as bad as Campillo-Cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Why? Would Gamboa have left the ring right before the start of the fight, claiming he had never agreed to the fight, leaving Rios feeling bad that he had gone through the trouble of training?
              Nah, wouldn't have got that far. He might have left when Rios failed to make the weight, yet again. He didn't have to bother 'training'.

Rios' lack of skill in terms of actual boxing, defence and cutting off the ring was on full display last night. If you don't stand in front of him, he's in trouble.
              Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 04-15-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                I knew Abril was getting robbed once they announced the first judges card, who had it 117-111 Abril. They only announce names when it's a SD, and I knew he was about to get f**ked. That was as bad a decision as Lara-Williams, it's up there. And it was as bad as Campillo-Cloud.
                I'd say it was much worse than Campillo Cloud. From what I remember, Cloud actually won rounds clearly. Rios scraped a couple of rounds at best...

Comment

I see Rios as nothing more than a journeyman.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Nah, wouldn't have got that far. He might have left when Rios failed to make the weight, yet again. He didn't have to bother 'training'.

Rios' lack of skill in terms of actual boxing, defence and cutting off the ring was on full display last night. If you don't stand in front of him, he's in trouble.
                    agreed, Rios will have been in serious trouble against Gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                      I see Rios as nothing more than a journeyman.
                      He's better than a journeyman, c'mon. He still beat Acosta and Antillon.

The way fighters like Rios, Alvarado, Maidana, Kirkland fight, that can happen to you if you're in with a superior boxer with speed. We saw it happen to Maidana and Rios, and though they were held a lot, it wasn't nearly as bad as when Kirkalnd was getting held by Molina, it wasn't in the same ballpark. Rios won 1-2 rounds and Maidana won 1 round. Kirkland actually won 3 of those 10 rounds and was on the verge of stopping Molina had it not been for holding in the 10th.

It was happening to Alvarado the first 5 rounds against Prescott. He was getting out boxed by a guy with speed and skill. Rounds 6-9, Alvarado cut the distance and won, he wound up getting to Prescott and stopped him. That's the whole game plan for fighters like that, and Rios couldn't do that against Abril, oh well. He's still better than a journeyman for christ sake.

A journeyman is like Craig McEwan, Matthew Hatton, or some s**t.

Comment

Working...
                      X