No announcement yet.

HBO's DESPERATION For Attracting The African American Public

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    The HBO commentary is not involved in the dealings and promotions of fights or their marketing. They Greenburg knows what he's doing with Al Haymon. IF what I'm saying isn't true, then Williams won't fight on HBO again.

But is that likely?
    What you're saying about HBO getting robberies called in their favor, isn't true. Now you are saying HBO is in control of who fights on their network and the way they promote a fight, two different things. HBO is an American network and majority of their viewers are American. Of course HBO wants Americans to win but they certainly aren't rigging fights and they certainly aren't focused completely on AA's. Remember Pavliks rise lol they wanted that guy to be the face of the network. They are also promoting the fuk out of Mexican-Americans, one of the larger HBO demographics.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      HB0 didnt judge the fights bro. You think they are starving for some new star? The best fighter and most popular PPV fighter in the world is African American.
      Ah of course. I forgot Floyd is a vampire and is going to live and keep fighting for ever. That explains why he only does roadwork at night then.

Comment

Ah of course. I forgot Floyd is a vampire and is going to live and keep fighting for ever. That explains why he only does roadwork at night then.
        hahahahahaha

They know Williams isnt going to be a big star. Broner has a chance though.

Comment

The HBO commentary is not involved in the dealings and promotions of fights or their marketing. They Greenburg knows what he's doing with Al Haymon. IF what I'm saying isn't true, then Williams won't fight on HBO again.

But is that likely?
          Refresh my memory please and correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Showtime let Chavez come back to fight after this fight:

Or did his next fight aired in HBO, which one was it?

My point is with your logic, maybe Showtime was in on the whole robbery, forget the judges or anyone else.

Comment

Black Peopleeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              My goodness africans sure do suck.I mean there getting everything on
              a silver platter and still lose.Africans arent tough as they use to be.
              Only the tough surrive in this sport.
              they rather play in the nba, nfl or even in the mlb.

Comment

You would have to be stupid not to realize the potential of regaining African American interest in the sport, but the problem is, its just not there.

Williams, Alexander, Broner, these guys either lose or get gifts and HBO insist on putting them on as headliners for cards.

The reason is obvious.
                don't forget about berto

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
                  they rather play in the nba, nfl or even in the mlb.
                  Well havent they always been in those sports tho?This sport is not for them,
                  Just like white americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Maidana vs Rios View Post
                    don't forget about berto
                    but he lost though

Comment

berto should have won against ortiz then.

Comment

Working...
                      X