Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Immigration, is it a Problem or Not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    The US used to be the land of opportunity. You came here, worked hard and was able to succeed.

Now is come over because they give free medical and social benefits. It is time to scale back that free for all.
    You used to be able to work a summer job and pay for college too. That's impossible now. Times change!

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      I would assume so.

If the person has no ssn, greencard, id how do they apply?

I know Clinton signed a bill that made sure illegals don't get benefits back in 1996.

But I guess some states do their own thing.

As far as medicaid you have to be a citizen or legal resident to qualify afaik.
      They dont get welfare or medicaid, tho their US born children may

Comment

the problem is no one that threatened to leave is leaving. would have freed up a ton of space for those seeking a better way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          You used to be able to work a summer job and pay for college too. That's impossible now. Times change!
          when was a summer job ALONE enough to pay for college ?????

Comment

i had the opportunity to work with many legal/illegal people in the last 10 years. some from other countries than mexico itself and believe it or not those people can get things done. as a business owner I've had bad and good experience from illegals mostly good ones though. the illegal people are also some of the most devoted people I've met, even if you got them working 10-14 hour shifts. Is it a major problem in the usa today, not really imo we have other more important issues to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              when was a summer job ALONE enough to pay for college ?????
              Summer jobs in strawberry fields, mail rooms, ice cream stands, and landscaping didn’t used to be just about learning the value of money, developing a work ethic, and making extra cash—they were viable ways of getting money for college. Not so anymore. Today, the number of work hours it takes to pay for college has more than doubled, according to NPR‘s Anya Kamentz.
              http://time.com/money/4421471/summer...llege-tuition/

Once upon a time, a summer spent scooping ice cream could pay for a year of college. Today, the average student's annual tuition is equivalent to 991 hours behind the counter.
              https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...ollege/359735/

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
                i had the opportunity to work with many legal/illegal people in the last 10 years. some from other countries than mexico itself and believe it or not those people can get things done. as a business owner I've had bad and good experience from illegals mostly good ones though. the illegal people are also some of the most devoted people I've met, even if you got them working 10-14 hour shifts. Is it a major problem in the usa today, not really imo we have other more important issues to worry about.
                Any Jamaicans?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  I would assume so.

If the person has no ssn, greencard, id how do they apply?

I know Clinton signed a bill that made sure illegals don't get benefits back in 1996.

But I guess some states do their own thing.

As far as medicaid you have to be a citizen or legal resident to qualify afaik.
                  In NY it don't matter, they apply and get it any way. When I even have to pay school lunch for my son but the others get it for free. I have to send more supplies to school because there are other kids that can't afford it.

I don't mind but when I do my taxes I get slammed again. So I work, pay a lot of taxes and get no breaks any where. I am sure there are a lot of ppl in my position and that is why you have this backlash

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Times do change and you have to adjust to it. It is like how much more I have to pay or won't get because we spend so much on social services?

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                      No, because it just is not. Simple as that.
                      Hahaha.....

Comment

Working...
                      X