Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeauxs Left Hand Bruised, Not Broken, in Lomachenko Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully we never hear from Rigondeaux or his ******ed fans ever again.

Comment

• I fought twice as an amateur with bruised knuckles. I remember my first week of training as a 10 year old when my hands seemed to always be bruised. I faced opponents with worse injuries, I saw guys in the gym get through with worse.

I told you all before the fight, Rigo isnt taking a "risk" he is simply taking a paycheck because he is desperate.

Comment

• Lol everyone already knew that

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
          hopefully we never hear from rigondeaux or his ******ed fans ever again.
          this.............

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            I fought twice as an amateur with bruised knuckles. I remember my first week of training as a 10 year old when my hands seemed to always be bruised. I faced opponents with worse injuries, I saw guys in the gym get through with worse.

I told you all before the fight, Rigo isnt taking a "risk" he is simply taking a paycheck because he is desperate.
            amateurs..lol

did you fight a guy two divisions up!? cute lies doe

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              That was a point a friend and I were discussing today. Diaz seemed a bit quick to allow our boy to quit. I would’ve been doing a Teddy Atlas in the corner like, “You crazy?! You know what this means?!” Lol

Anyway, I was quite hard on Rigo immediately following the fight, but I soon softened. No one will suffer this decision like he will. He made a mistake he’ll have to live with for the rest of his life, not me. Anyone who can’t eventually be sympathetic to that isn’t someone I care to know. But for the sake of discussion, I felt Rigo simply quit, and I believe this “news” is evidence of that.

The history of boxing is littered with the heroic feats of courageous men. Someone mentioned earlier a short list of examples. Rigo was barely touched, mainly because he grabbed every chance he got. I think his career is over. Sucks it had to end this way. At least Duran got a chance to fight on for a while, and found a measure of redemption.
              I don't know if you've read the Rigondeaux book, it's in English, written by Brin-Jonathan Butler. The end of the book will not shock you or surprise you because it's happened before with Cuban athletes but it just shows you that it's not Rigondeaux who we should feel sympathy for. I feel great sympathy for his family in Cuba. I know what it's like there and I wish he didn't quit b/c they have nothing to do with him anymore but they will be abused much more and have no protection.

The book is called a Cuban Boxer Journey and to me is the best boxing book I've read and it's not because of Rigo who is/was my favourite boxer. The writer is just amazing and the story is very, very good. Not as good as the George Foreman biography in terms of story by much better in writing. I've read other books such as the Ageless Warrior and the Jack Dempsey book but Brin-Jonathan Buter's book is the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                I don't know if you've read the Rigondeaux book, it's in English, written by Brin-Jonathan Butler. The end of the book will not shock you or surprise you because it's happened before with Cuban athletes but it just shows you that it's not Rigondeaux who we should feel sympathy for. I feel great sympathy for his family in Cuba. I know what it's like there and I wish he didn't quit b/c they have nothing to do with him anymore but they will be abused much more and have no protection.

The book is called a Cuban Boxer Journey and to me is the best boxing book I've read and it's not because of Rigo who is/was my favourite boxer. The writer is just amazing and the story is very, very good. Not as good as the George Foreman biography in terms of story by much better in writing. I've read other books such as the Ageless Warrior and the Jack Dempsey book but Brin-Jonathan Buter's book is the best.
                High praise. Thanks for the review.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  I fought twice as an amateur with bruised knuckles. I remember my first week of training as a 10 year old when my hands seemed to always be bruised. I faced opponents with worse injuries, I saw guys in the gym get through with worse.

Can I make peace with you? Sorry for being an azz.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post

I'm gonna read it, thanks, great post!

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
                      Yep. And only 15% connected..... The folks being sour just need to give credit where credit is due.
                      hence your avatar, anything you say is right in my book!

Comment

Working...
                      X