Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you think the Rigo Loma fight was disappointing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why he quit instead of trying something new or even just throwing hail mary bombs. He ruined the fight. A bruised knuckle is hardly uncommon in professional boxing.

Comment

Fight sucked. Im not a fan of either guys but no one sided fight can be regarded as a good fight.

As somebody mentioned, it probably was exciting for the Loma fans and the fans who bet on him, but as a Boxing fan, this fight is forgettable.

What is so good about a one sided fight that led up to one guy quitting on his stool?

Comment

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz....

Boring, predictable mismatch. Turned out exactly how it was expected to.

That's what happens what you program mismatches. No drama, no intrigue, no excitement. Just a predictable result.

Rigo had no business going up 2 weight classes to fight. The two fighters looked ridiculous standing across from each other.

Comment

The fight was horrible. I fully expected Lomachenko to win. I thought there was possibility Rigondeaux could make it interesting but winning was an uphill battle. I also thought it would be a good technical fight no matter what. I hardly saw any techique. We had one holding, one guy complaining, and the ref who seemed happy to let Lomachenko tell him how to do his job. Lomachenko won simply because he was the one throwing punches. Half of them missed and the ones that connected couldn't buss a grape.

It was like watching a comedy sketch with 2 boxers where one guy was all defense and the other was all offense. After 6 rounds of no one getting hit they stopped the fight and declared the offensive guy the winner when in reality not a single punch landed. Comedy at its best.

Comment

Yes, very much so.

Comment

it was 99% certain that rigo would stink it out wether he tried to win or not because thats how he fights and the sports enables a lot of these spoilers with the hipster(and hypocritical) pretense that this isn't a blood sport

Comment

I was expecting a lot more from Rigo. With all the talk and hype, I expected to see a great battle.

Rigo was supposed to expose Loma, counter him with his superhuman speed, force Loma to box, and break his jaw. That is what Rigo was hyped up to be.

The last thing I expected was a one sided beating of a small crippled old man...

Comment

I expected rigo to do more, but I said it before when people were questioning the lack of promotion. Rigo can stink up the joint and he did in even worse fashion than I could of imagined. I did not think he would hug Loma nearly as much.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    It was dispointing cause he quit so early but he couldn’t do a damn thing either way. I was enjoying Loma messing with him tho.
                    Feel the same way. If Rigo had let his hands go instead of holding the entire time, it would have been a good fight. He had never seen speed or reflexes like Loma's and he froze up.

Comment

Working...
                    X