Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is PBC going to announce any new fights or are they done for the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    when the cash runs out then Haymon will trim his roster which he has already started. He can keep a good 50-75 guy stable busy on Showtime as long as he has small time promoters content to get site fees and have no real control of the promotions. If he can't do that he will have to get his guys signed to promotional deals like every other manager does
    Idk how any of what your saying disputes my point or if you are even trying to dispute my point. The bottom line is "PBC" can exist as long as Haymon is managing boxers and can get a promoter or network to agree to a situation that lets him put up his PBC banner. That's how fluid of a company PBC can be while they await a more favorable situation.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      You're referring to a one-off from five years ago as if it was a regular occurance.

Anyway...

So yeah, CBS has shown PBC shows over the past couple years and I would assume that PBC would probably like to do at least one show per quarter if they're able to strike a new deal.
      maybe on fox. They don't even do three shows a year now. The only shows that go to CBS are when Showtime purchases the card and decides to move it to CBS. It is nothing about their deal. The first couple of cards PBC did on CBS were time buys but the last one with Garcia vs Thurman was just Showtime moving the card. Now that we are getting close to football season we probably won't see anymore cards on CBS this year.

The Thurman-Garcia fight that was moved by SHO to CBS was basically a one off in itself like the Leo fight I mentioned that you had forgotten about
      Last edited by killakali; 07-21-2017, 08:49 AM. Reason: add

Comment

i thought everyone hated PBC

Comment

maybe on fox. They don't even do three shows a year now. The only shows that go to CBS are when Showtime purchases the card and decides to move it to CBS. It is nothing about their deal. The first couple of cards PBC did on CBS were time buys but the last one with Garcia vs Thurman was just Showtime moving the card. Now that we are getting close to football season we probably won't see anymore cards on CBS this year.

The Thurman-Garcia fight that was moved by SHO to CBS was basically a one off in itself like the Leo fight I mentioned that you had forgotten about
          Thurman-Garcia fight wasn't moved by Showtime to CBS, it was always going to be there. And there will be one more CBS fight in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            Wth are you talking about Lol seriously
            http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...-en-production

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=672788

Comment

They never created a belt.

Comment

PBC relies heavily on Showtime now. Unfortunately, Espinoza is too focused on the freak show. The guy loves putting millions of dollars in Mayweather's pockets, and end up with Showtime not being able to produce fights for the rest of the year. You can rewind the later part of 2015 at Showtime. You'd think it's a ghost town in that network considering they're supposed to have made tons of money from the superfight. It all went inside Mayweather's pockets. Same thing will happen in this Gregor fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Thurman-Garcia fight wasn't moved by Showtime to CBS, it was always going to be there. And there will be one more CBS fight in the fall.
                  Actually your wrong. It was even called "showtime championship Boxing on cbs" 😃😃😃😃

Comment

Actually your wrong. It was even called "showtime championship Boxing on cbs" ��������
                    Yes, it was. Is that what you base your notion that it was supposed to be on Showtime on? Yikes.

Comment

no more cards to be announced i suspect. the money has run out and haymons pbc experiment has failed. boxings best year for a few years has coincided with pbc having a less prominent role in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X