No announcement yet.

I thought you guys wanted GGG to move to 168 to 'test himself'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
    You've done nothing but cry on twitter, begging to be noticed by all the boxing media.
    GGG is da best. Am I right guys SteveKim Dougirfischer Tomloeffler Mikemontero danrafael

Comment

People really think Jermall Charlo is that significant of a factor???? Jermall is exactly the type of guy Golovkin would love to fight b/c he'll be right in front of Golovkin during the fight.

Charlo doesn't have the same boxing abilities that Danny Jacobs has. He doesn't have the footwork, hand speed, ability to switch hit, and he not even as physically big as Jacobs.

Charlo's not a bigger threat to Golovkin than Rameriz or DeGale. As for Jacobs, Eubank, Derevyanchenko - all those guys are interchangeable between SMW/MW as they've all fought in both divisions. Besides, GGG's not moving up before he gets Canelo.

Comment

GGG is ducking Knockout CP freshmart at minimumweight and Chocolatito at S.Flyweight.. he has to stay at 160 until these guys come into MW division, because MW division is now stacked though...
        He is 35 and still in MW, never moved up to be great, never faced challenges, he is not a small MW..
        SMDH..
        You can't satisfy the entire world.. get the last belt and move up as planned..

Comment

Honestly I'm sick of hearing about Golovkin. From his fanboys to his detractors, I don't get the obsession with him.

Comment

And at the idiots saying he's moving up to avoid Charlo. Just stop with that nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Well there it is, a clearer notion. One thing you are wrong though is that you said 160 is still a dead division AFTER charlo moved up, not before.
              What I'm saying is, Golovkin should stay at 160 because there are good fights now. It doesn't have to be "stacked" for there to be good fights. You're so tangled up in defending this weak thread that you're confusing yourself. Charlo saying he's going to 160 doesn't make it stacked. But, it does mean another competitive fight for Golovkin.

The stupid this is, you can't even see I'm in favor of what's safest for Golovkin. After Jacobs, it's clear that Golovkin is going to be in over his head with DeGale, maybe even Ramirez. You're now faulting me for wanting Golovkin to stay where he can win.
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 03-25-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

whatever ggg does, they will want the opposite. a lot of them wanted the jacobs fight, then when it got signed they complained. if he rematches jacobs, theyll say hes ducking canelo. if he fights canelo, theyll say hes ducking jacobs rematch. if he stays at 160, theyll say 'all great fighters moved up in weight'. if he moves to 168 theyll say 'middleweights heating up, why move?'. Nothing he will ever do will result in them praising him, can you actually imagine a lot of these clowns ever writing anything remotely positive about him? its never going to happen, irrespective of his actions.

Comment

Yeah it is a lack of consistency from fans on ALL SIDES on this damn Forum people are just all over the place and when they're wrong they just jump to the next account lol

I thought waiting for Canelo was the right choice I still think he should. Also it is more talent on the rise at Middleweight like Jermall Charlo who moved up as well as Derevyanchenko who is close to being GGG's IBF Mandatory. Now you will have idiots accuse GGG if "DUCKING" those fighters and Canelo after he Whips Billy Joe and complete his Task Of Unifying

Canelo, Derevyanchenko, Charlo they don't have Belts at 160! Yeah Canelo is a BIG FIGHT and a Big Payday but GGG is doing fine on his own. 97K to 150-170K that is PPV Growth. Also their is a Market for boxing OUTSIDE of the US so just because the numbers are not big in the States does NOT mean he can't go BACK to the UK and do big numbers with DeGale and Eubank Jr. But here in the States him vs Gilberto Ramirez would probably do well! I think GGG can unify 168 as well and that is really where he can solidify GREATNESS!

That doesn't mean he is running away from Jacobs, look how BIG Jacobs was in that match, he too will be at 168 soon and they can always rematch at 168!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I really thought 168 would be a way for him to create a legacy and wanted him to go up for his benefit. Things have changed though. MW gained Charlo and (most likely) Canelo now, which are two huge additions. 168 also lost a decent title holder in Jack.

Another factor, after seeing Golovkin v Jacobs, I no longer think Gennady gets past DeGale and that was my whole point in wanting him to go to 168, because I thought he could wreck James.
                    What's a more legacy and top fight for GGG. Moving up and fighting Degale at 168 or staying to fight an overrated Charlo?

Anyways who has Charlo beat to gain hype?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Yeah it is a lack of consistency from fans on ALL SIDES on this damn Forum people are just all over the place and when they're wrong they just jump to the next account lol

I thought waiting for Canelo was the right choice I still think he should. Also it is more talent on the rise at Middleweight like Jermall Charlo who moved up as well as Derevyanchenko who is close to being GGG's IBF Mandatory. Now you will have idiots accuse GGG if "DUCKING" those fighters and Canelo after he Whips Billy Joe and complete his Task Of Unifying

Canelo, Derevyanchenko, Charlo they don't have Belts at 160! Yeah Canelo is a BIG FIGHT and a Big Payday but GGG is doing fine on his own. 97K to 150-170K that is PPV Growth. Also their is a Market for boxing OUTSIDE of the US so just because the numbers are not big in the States does NOT mean he can't go BACK to the UK and do big numbers with DeGale and Eubank Jr. But here in the States him vs Gilberto Ramirez would probably do well! I think GGG can unify 168 as well and that is really where he can solidify GREATNESS!

That doesn't mean he is running away from Jacobs, look how BIG Jacobs was in that match, he too will be at 168 soon and they can always rematch at 168!

Comment

Working...
                      X