No announcement yet.

What Was Your FINAL Decision On Who Really Won Stevenson vs Jack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    It's a problem with the 10 point must system of scoring when Stevenson's round 1 is worth the same as Jack's round 12. I get that it is, but it's a problem.
    I don't think it is a problem at all..... if Stevenson (or any boxer) doesn't do much, but wins the round.... then that's on the other guy (Jack in this case). If Stevenson barely did anything, but did more than Jack.... then Jack was doing..... well.... jack. All he needed to do was land a couple clean shots and he wins those rounds.... but he didn't... he didn't do anything. The rounds were there for him to win... but for some reason... he didn't want them.

Comment

I gave it to Stevenson because of the 10th round. Jack started the round well but Stevenson landed the more damaging punches. The draw isn't that far off. I was rooting for Jack but I gotta give it up for the way Stevenson came back late in the fight.

Comment

I had it 7 to 5 Stevenson
        Like someone said previously , Jack did absolutely nothing imo to win those first six rounds
        By no way did Stevenson dominate or anything but whether those punches were against arms or gloves it was more than Jack
        I also gave me Stevenson round 10 and 11
        Just thought he did the bigger damage all around at end of round
        I will say Stevenson has had his day
        I was rooting for him , didn’t think Jack could take his big shots but now I think everything is gone ( power plus âgé )
        I think anyone of the top light heavies would have a field day with him

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          That is not completely true. A boxer can and often has been awarded a 10-8 round if he batters his opponent and dominates the round enough even without scoring a knockdown. Jack had some big rounds but none that qualified as 10-8 rounds.
          I'm aware they will do that at times, but, as you said, not enough for Jack to get 1 or 2 rds st 10-8, although he beat Stevenson up enough in some where the right judge might've given him one. That would be the main reason I would say I think Jack won, but I still found the early rds yo be a bit more difficult to score. I wanted to avoid giving any rds to Stevenson the rapist... hopefully a rematch happens and Jack utterly destroys him

Comment

Working...
          X