No announcement yet.

Benn vs Collins rematch is ON!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benn vs Collins rematch is ON!

BBC are reporting that a rematch between Nigel Benn and Steve Collins has been agreed. Link below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40434050

An attempt to come out of retirement in 1999 was halted when he collapsed during a sparring session.
    Now why would anyone allow this man to fight in his 50s? I don't care if the MRIs are excellent or not.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Now why would anyone allow this man to fight in his 50s? I don't care if the MRIs are excellent or not.
      No clue, I don't know how they're even going to get a license. I'd be surprised if this isn't an exhibition match.

Comment

Reminiscent of the third fight between Azumah Nelson and Jeff Fenech. Fenech was in his mid forties and Azuma was about 50

Comment

Awesome!!

Even in their 50's I've no doubt these two will bring it.

Comment

Nice to see two fighters in their prime taking this risk. Seriously though respect to both.

Comment

British boxing board of control are a complete joke

They are busy fining and blackballing fighters like tyson fury instead of preventing fights which endanger the health of people

There needs to be an independent committee set up which gives financial advice to fighters so that they dont have to make moves like this long after they are retired

Comment

Working...
              X