Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin and Kovalev both turned pvssy in a little over 12 months.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you spend an entire career beating old and c and b class fighters, you will look different when you face a elite level boxer

Comment

I wouldn't put Kovalev in the same sentence as Golovkin, Golovkin showed way more heart and wasn't trying to to buy time with the ref after receiving clean shots to the body, he actually fought through the pain. Kovalev was also dirtier than Ward in both fights which is something Kovalev fans don't like to acknowledge.

The issue with Golovkin here is his mouth, downplaying Canelo's power when he clearly respected it in the first fight and the constant talk of Mexican style.
      Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 09-18-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        When you spend an entire career beating old and c and b class fighters, you will look different when you face a elite level boxer
        Doesn't everyone?

i'd like someone to name me a list of fighters that continued to steamroll and knock out elite opposition when they went up in levels. it just doesn't happen. Floyd is the best of his era, but he didn't continue knocking fighters out like he did against lower level ones. He never dominated everyone, arguably lost to Castillo, had close hard fights with the likes of Maidana where one judge and a lot of the public had it a draw. That's just the nature of the sport.

Most top fighters have close fights with fellow top fighters, win or lose. That's why they are very high level fighters, you can't just walk through them, or they would never have even got to that level.

i think that's why fans or haters have to be realistic about fighters and not get too carried away with hype, or not be too over the top with negativity. Basically every legend of the sport would've been called a bum and a fraud on this forum if they were around today and lost a close fight to a fellow top fighter or shared a ring with some of the bums they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          I wouldn't put Kovalev in the same sentence as Golovkin, Golovkin showed way more heart and wasn't trying to to buy time with the ref after receiving clean shots to the body, he actually fought through the pain. Kovalev was also dirtier than Ward in both fights which is something Kovalev fans don't like to acknowledge.

The issue with Golovkin here is his mouth, downplaying Canelo's power when he clearly respected it in the first fight and the constant talk of Mexican style.
          i don't think that's possible. ward was clamping kovalev's arms the entire fight and hitting with the other. ward fanboys said this was body work. laughable. its a foul. it doesn't count. ward also was wrestling and pushing nonstop. once again illegal. ignored by ward fanboys who dont know sh-it about boxing. ward also threw a ton of low blows like usual, jumped headfirst into kovalev many times, even headbutted his groin once. oh yeah and remember the time he tried to grab kovalevs legs and tackle him? but sure because kovalev tried to stop these blatant fouls and grabbed him in a headlock from time to time he was dirtier. very biased interpretation of what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            sounds like floyd to me. floyd lost to prime castillo so maybe thats why he only fought old guys from then on while still looking pretty crap in some of those fights.

Comment

Great breakdown. They should hire you to do the HBO commentary for 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                Broken not in a sense of what happened in the fight..."Broken" means he lost all respect in the boxing community after this fight and his career going into oblivion...It can't be compared to Marquez/Pac like some people do, Marquez was always respected in defeat
                I doubt that's what the op meant when he said broken. what exactly did he do to lose all respect? fail to ko a guy? jesus...people act like he got blown out or something. he's 36 and past his prime fighter, and he arguably beat a top quality fighter who's at his absolute peak. he didn't ko another p4p level fighter...cry me a river.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Not really. I think the point is a guy should earn his reputation off of performances against quality opposition, not lower level opposition.

GGG hasn't been able to KO the 2 best guys he fought, Canelo and Jacobs. Both fights were very close although you can make a case ggg won all 3 times.

Failing to get KO wins is obviously going to bring some criticism from fans that were expecting him to look like he did against the Vanes of the world.
                  yea fair enough...but guess what, when 2 world class guys fight, most of the time it doesn't end with a ko. winning is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                    yea fair enough...but guess what, when 2 world class guys fight, most of the time it doesn't end with a ko. winning is winning.
                    I don't disagree with you about winning. My point is if GGG were able to KO canelo or Jacobs the way Floyd KO'd Corrales or Manny KO'd Morales then I think his reputation as a "ko monster" would be more realistic.

When you do it against top competition it carries more weight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      I don't disagree with you about winning. My point is if GGG were able to KO canelo or Jacobs the way Floyd KO'd Corrales or Manny KO'd Morales then I think his reputation as a "ko monster" would be more realistic.

When you do it against top competition it carries more weight.
                      no doubt it would, but that's just the way it goes. it's nice when things work out that way, but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Floyd stopping corrales was more of anomaly...it's like asking well why didn't Floyd ko Castillo or shut him out the way he did lesser opposition?

Comment

Working...
                      X