No announcement yet.

Do something nice for someone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do something nice for someone

My daughter was two at the time and we were grocery shopping at Walmart. I went to check out and there was a black woman in front of us. I wasn't paying much attention to her but she smiled at me and left after checking out. The cashier rang up our stuff and said, the lady in front of you paid for your groceries. She said for you and your daughter to have a blessed day.

So the next trip to Walmart I did the same thing for someone else. It felt nice to pass it on. It wasn't about how much money I had or the other person had it was just about doing something nice for someone.

I'll never forget that lady and how she made me think about others and pass on and share with others.

You guys should try this if you have the funds.

Comment

Paying it forward...

Comment

I was at the gas station about a month ago as I usually stop to get a healthy can of red bull. There was a young girl in there in her way to school (the school is nearby) and she was trying to pay for some items she clearly wanted for school. Apparently she was having trouble with the card they were trying to use so she went out to get her mom and I got moved to next in line. I paid for my red bull and also paid for her stuff which only ran about 11 bucks.

I also tried to get out of there as fast as I could cause I wanted it to be an anonymous surprise to them. However the mom and girl came running out after me asking me why I did it. I said i did it because I felt like it and that hopefully I’ll get some good karma out of it and asked that they pay it forward.

Who knows if they did but it did feel good to do.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          My daughter was two at the time and we were grocery shopping at Walmart. I went to check out and there was a black woman in front of us. I wasn't paying much attention to her but she smiled at me and left after checking out. The cashier rang up our stuff and said, the lady in front of you paid for your groceries. She said for you and your daughter to have a blessed day.

So the next trip to Walmart I did the same thing for someone else. It felt nice to pass it on. It wasn't about how much money I had or the other person had it was just about doing something nice for someone.

I'll never forget that lady and how she made me think about others and pass on and share with others.

You guys should try this if you have the funds.
          How did she know how much your grocery was? I think she's a stalker, she's been watching you for months, you should alert the authorities immediately.

Comment

I’ve also anonymously been sponsoring two of my daughters friends in club soccer for the past few years at 65 bucks a month each.

One of them actually aged out in June so I’m down to one now. I do this anonymously cause I don’t want my daughters or them to know. Idk why. Just doesn’t feel right to pat myself on the back over it. Except here of coarse

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Comment

no chance im doing that.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Brave young man

Comment

That type of sh^t seems to be happening more (not buying groceries necessarily but ppl being nicer to each other with similar type sh^t as this).

People love to talk sh^t about the bad things people do, but the reality is people are caring for people more in always improving numbers. Dating younger girls has opened me up to seeing this sorta sh^t more. These cats coming up have a more atrustic outlook on life & care more about others they encounter. Lotsa empathy vs most other generations.

Cool story. Good thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X