No announcement yet.

Spectrum cable kicked out of NY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Spectrum cable kicked out of NY

Spectrum is no longer allowed to operate in New York, must pay fines and pack its bags!
    https://www.techspot.com/news/75713-...-york-must.htm

This is posted in many news sources. Just google, pages about it. I've had crappy service for over a month now, I've had 5 techs come out, problems persisted. It wasn't until I threatened on the phone to call city hall and my councilmen, and mayor, did they finally send a tech, also promising to send a bucket truck to replace my and my neighbors lines, (we both run off the same line from the pole across the street,) did the tech find a cable that was chewed up by squirrels.No bucket truck was ever dispatched.

After I get the compensation I'm fighting for, I'm canceling my cable. I will use a Nvidia shield for tv. I stopped using it before charter-brighthouse-time warner merger into spectrum. Time for a major change in watching tv.

Why do u still have cable? Cut the cord son.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Why do u still have cable? Cut the cord son.
      I still have it because netflix and other companies only offer older movies, and I like watching the newer ones. Plus i have a nice 5 channel sound system (no woofer needed, floor rumbles with bass) and i don't think many movies provide 5.1 format.

But the times they are a changin', and It's time for me to change with them.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
        Spectrum is no longer allowed to operate in New York, must pay fines and pack its bags!
        https://www.techspot.com/news/75713-...-york-must.htm

This is posted in many news sources. Just google, pages about it. I've had crappy service for over a month now, I've had 5 techs come out, problems persisted. It wasn't until I threatened on the phone to call city hall and my councilmen, and mayor, did they finally send a tech, also promising to send a bucket truck to replace my and my neighbors lines, (we both run off the same line from the pole across the street,) did the tech find a cable that was chewed up by squirrels.No bucket truck was ever dispatched.

After I get the compensation I'm fighting for, I'm canceling my cable. I will use a Nvidia shield for tv. I stopped using it before charter-brighthouse-time warner merger into spectrum. Time for a major change in watching tv.
        GOOD!!! The Spectrum workers in NY have been on strike for over a year. Charter/Spectrum tried to decertify their union when they bought Time Warner. Charter/Spectrum is really a small rural company. They took over a much bigger company and have no idea what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
          I still have it because netflix and other companies only offer older movies, and I like watching the newer ones. Plus i have a nice 5 channel sound system (no woofer needed, floor rumbles with bass) and i don't think many movies provide 5.1 format.

But the times they are a changin', and It's time for me to change with them.
          I have Spectrum internet in Dallas. Use an Amazon fire stick that u can use to get new(ish) movies plus a live Hulu account. I use my daughter's Netflix account as well. Beats the crap out of the cable costs. Plus I still have the local tv channels...my antennae pulls in 187 channels although most of the are a priest/reverend/rabbi or mullah shouting stuff.

Comment

Yep, totally incompetent. Nvidia shield is the best streaming box out there, so I hope i can get close to what i want out of it.

Comment

I have Spectrum internet in Dallas. Use an Amazon fire stick that u can use to get new(ish) movies plus a live Hulu account. I use my daughter's Netflix account as well. Beats the crap out of the cable costs. Plus I still have the local tv channels...my antennae pulls in 187 channels although most of the are a priest/reverend/rabbi or mullah shouting stuff.
              I use them for Cable and use kodi live TV for 5.00 a month. Get everything you could ever want including PPV ect. All in HD.

Comment

Where i live, I can't pull in any good channels with an antennae. There's a big mountain between me and Albany, NY that interferes. but I'll figure out the shield and get what i can. I never have internet problems, but they'll raise the price up for my phone and internet.

Dunno if i can get good speed from verizon, only other option. Now i get 100 mbbs down. Gotta check out my options, Oh, boy fun time. I hate change, but this time i embrace it, although reluctantly I wish i didn't watch tv. I'm older, live in a small boring town, sooo.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  I use them for Cable and use kodi live TV for 5.00 a month. Get everything you could ever want including PPV ect. All in HD.
                  I know what you mean, I had spmc for android, but streams kept messing up, taken down, stutter...etc. You probably have smartphone, eh? I don't have/like smart electronics. So here we go again...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                    How is koditv working for you? I used kodi for a while but dropped using it...sucked, really. I have TapTV on my tablet that I use only for boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X