Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd Spent 3 Years With A Gracie BJJ or local Bravo He Would Be MMA Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Floyd Spent 3 Years With A Gracie BJJ or local Bravo He Would Be MMA Champ

Floyd is just an athlete that has mastered forward and back pouncing with such quickness I think he would even intuitively fare well against incoming kicks. I can see Floyd just pouncing back on incoming leg kicks from MMA fighters.

However, Floyd, would need at least 3 years for BJJ with a personal Gracie or Eddie Bravo and he could be a champ by 43 years of age. Get a Brown belt. Just freelance Ice Cream Kron Gracie and its all goodz

I think Floyd at Lightweight in the UFC would be his cap. And with 4oz gloves his striking would be menacing.

If Tom brady did mma he would have 5 UFC belts

Comment

At 40 years of age, he does not have the desire nor the speedy body recovery his body once had. So it would be a bit of a task for him. IMO he would really need to master the ground game aspect cause everyone would want to take him to the ground, even the good strikers in MMA would not want to risk striking especially with those small gloves on, the boxer would have a better chance of landing that accurate 1-2 piece (that could potentially end the fight). And literally all it takes is a solid punch or combination to change the whole fight especially with those gloves on.

A good example (though both fighters were old) which everyone seems to forget is Ray Mercer vs Tim Silvia, that is a risk a MMA fighter took trying to strike with a boxer... and you saw what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        Floyd is just an athlete that has mastered forward and back pouncing with such quickness I think he would even intuitively fare well against incoming kicks. I can see Floyd just pouncing back on incoming leg kicks from MMA fighters.

However, Floyd, would need at least 3 years for BJJ with a personal Gracie or Eddie Bravo and he could be a champ by 43 years of age. Get a Brown belt. Just freelance Ice Cream Kron Gracie and its all goodz

I think Floyd at Lightweight in the UFC would be his cap. And with 4oz gloves his striking would be menacing.
        No chance at all, and your premise is flawed. However I'll entertain the idea.

Kicks to the legs destroy Floyd's wide stance.

I agree with you on a lot of Floyd's strengths which is why if Floyd was to spend 3 years training for mma it should be pure kick defence and wrestling...not bjj.

His gameplan would be Chuck Liddel style...keep it on the feet and use his hands.

Avoid the bjj game altogether, rather than trying to learn a little bit of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
          No chance at all, and your premise is flawed. However I'll entertain the idea.

Kicks to the legs destroy Floyd's wide stance.

I agree with you on a lot of Floyd's strengths which is why if Floyd was to spend 3 years training for mma it should be pure kick defence and wrestling...not bjj.

His gameplan would be Chuck Liddel style...keep it on the feet and use his hands.

Avoid the bjj game altogether, rather than trying to learn a little bit of it.
          I disagree. If it's a fight with Floyd in the UFC, even though there's already parentship, USADA provides an even playing field. There's no boxer like Floyd's skill to over cross over to MMA. You're also assuming that all MMA fighters are complete. The context of worry is which UFC kick striker he would be going up against like a seasoned Muay Thai or Kickboxer who's been a reigning champ in the UFC for a while. Assume Floyd would have the leverage and advisory from the UFC with who to fight first...

Floyd has better footwork as a complete fighter than Faber. Faber has no defense or pouncing like Floyd forward or backwards. So kicks from Aldo in theory would be interesting. In top of that, how did Aldo handle a strike to the face? Floyd would easily read on a move like Aldo did and do the same effect. KO.

I see wrestling... but imo wrestling benefits higher weights. BJJ is more complete for more toned fighters and incredible flexibility. On top of that, who's training the BJJ to Floyd is important.

This ain't no Mercer where dude had already been in wars and who knows how that fight was regulated. I mean even Kimbo slice had some advantages coming in and he was no pro boxer. As we can see, look what Roids eventually did to Kimbo to final heart beat

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
            I disagree. If it's a fight with Floyd in the UFC, even though there's already parentship, USADA provides an even playing field. There's no boxer like Floyd's skill to over cross over to MMA. You're also assuming that all MMA fighters are complete. The context of worry is which UFC kick striker he would be going up against like a seasoned Muay Thai or Kickboxer who's been a reigning champ in the UFC for a while. Assume Floyd would have the leverage and advisory from the UFC with who to fight first...

Floyd has better footwork as a complete fighter than Faber. Faber has no defense or pouncing like Floyd forward or backwards. So kicks from Aldo in theory would be interesting. In top of that, how did Aldo handle a strike to the face? Floyd would easily read on a move like Aldo did and do the same effect. KO.

I see wrestling... but imo wrestling benefits higher weights. BJJ is more complete for more toned fighters and incredible flexibility. On top of that, who's training the BJJ to Floyd is important.

This ain't no Mercer where dude had already been in wars and who knows how that fight was regulated. I mean even Kimbo slice had some advantages coming in and he was no pro boxer. As we can see, look what Roids eventually did to Kimbo to final heart beat
            Faber retired due to not being able to complete anymore. Floyd needs wrestling or everyone will just take him down at will and beat the piss out of him. He won't be able to submit anyone off of his back with 3 years bjj.

Wrestling and kick defence training plays to Floyd's strengths as a striker.

Learning Bjj doesnt.

Comment

Faber retired due to not being able to complete anymore. Floyd needs wrestling or everyone will just take him down at will and beat the piss out of him. He won't be able to submit anyone off of his back with 3 years bjj.

Learning Bjj doesnt.
              It's too late for floyd in mma but as someone who has done both I can tell you avoiding kicks is easy as hell, the wrestling part is something else which even mcreggor hasn't done well in.

Comment

Learning Bjj doesnt.
                Faber retiring or continuing has nothing to do with his footwork compared to Floyd. Why would anyone assume that Floyd wouldn't be able to compete with a grappler? Floyd's an upper echelon combat fighter. His experience, conditioning gives him an advantage for just any bloke with 4oz gloves.

You must of forgot how Rousey got stomped by Holmes.

Comment

He is too old. if Floyd at age 23 (corrales fight) dove into bjj/wrestling/and muy Thai head first then yeah I believe he would have been a champ at 135 or 145. I know its a hypothetical, but his athleticism and boxing skill at 23 was what it is now.

If you look at Dominick Cruz, he rarely throws kicks. Most of his wins are from his elusiveness and punches from weird angles.

Comment

He could but why would he want to. UFC champions are coming over to boxing 🤣

Comment

Working...
                    X