Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Boxing/Female fight game ever gonna be good/big?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Boxing/Female fight game ever gonna be good/big?

I never heard of Heather Hardy before...
    Is she a recognizable name in Boxing at all?

But I'm looking forward to see how she does in her MMA debut tomorrow on Bellator 180. New York native fighting at MSG for the first time. I just like seeing athletes cross-over, Boxing/MMA, Kicboxing, Jiu-Jitsu, etc.

Heather Hardy - "MMA is more evolved than Boxing... Someone needs to take initiative to make a change [in Boxing]. That's what they did in MMA. And women are seen as athletes, not women... you can watch MMA fights with guys and you're not hearing them say 'oh they're so hot, look at her legs' but they're talking about her roundhouse kicks and her body-shots. It's just so much more evolved"

Last edited by USMCer; 06-25-2017, 03:43 PM.

She's actually under contract with promotions in BOTH sports, Lou Dibella in Boxing and Bellator in MMA.

Lou Dibella hopes to put on an all-Female card on Showtime by the end of the year.

Last edited by USMCer; 06-23-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I don't think it'll ever be big, no. It'll certainly never reach, or even get close to the heights that it has in MMA. I mean a woman was the biggest face of their sport at one time (literally and figuratively for that matter, lol). And who knows, maybe again in the future. But I'd say that has zero chance of ever happening in boxing.

The only female boxer I follow is Katie Taylor. Katie possesses a truly advanced boxing skill set. Her skills are really impressive, male or female. But check it...she's supposed to be pound for pound one of the more skilled and marketable women boxers out there, and even for the few that follow her career, it's still very difficult actually catching her fight live. I mean unless you actually go to the fight itself. They showed bits & pieces of her fight on Showtime before the Linares/Crolla fight and that was it. Then in her follow-up to that fight, on the undercard of Klitschko/Joshua, I couldn't even see it if I was in the states. Hell it wasn't even on boxnation. And then to boot there's still not a Youtube video of that fight.

I still need to see Shields for the record. I haven't even seen her fight yet.

Comment

Not bad, not bad...
        Full fight video: http://bellator.spike.com/fight/skg6...s-alice-yauger

Last edited by USMCer; 06-25-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
          I never heard of Heather Hardy before...
          Is she a recognizable name in Boxing at all?

But I'm looking forward to see how she does in her MMA debut tomorrow on Bellator 180. New York native fighting at MSG for the first time. I just like seeing athletes cross-over, Boxing/MMA, Kicboxing, Jiu-Jitsu, etc.

Heather Hardy - "MMA is more evolved than Boxing... Someone needs to take initiative to make a change [in Boxing]. That's what they did in MMA. And women are seen as athletes, not women... you can watch MMA fights with guys and you're not hearing them say 'oh they're so hot, look at her legs' but they're talking about her roundhouse kicks and her body-shots. It's just so much more evolved"

I watched her on a PBC card. I think the fight is still up on their Youtube account.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
            False. Women are constantly seen as sex objects in MMA. Just think of Miesha Tate and even Ronda Rousey at one point.

Men probably don't say anything around her because it'll be awkward but when it's just the guys watching fights someone mentions it.

The only reason anyone knows who Heather Hardy is because she's above average for female fighter as far as looks go. Go on any Youtube video of her and all you see is "hot/sexy/i'd smash" comments.

I'm certain her weigh in videos have more views than her fights.
            Last edited by Golden Boi 360; 06-25-2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

It will get big if a good looking girl comes along who can also kick serious ass in dominating fashion. A boxing version of Ronda Rousey basically (before she got exposed as being a hype job.)

Heather Hardy is pretty but she's not that great of a boxer.

Comment

Maricela Cornejo..............Mmmmmmm..........she's yummy!

Comment

No, never. Nobody cares about WNBA and people will care even less about broad boxing.

Only time im interested in seeing broads in front of the camera is when they are taking a ****k .

Comment

i have zero interest in women's boxing. please don't waste television time/showtime cards on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X