Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sound salty af bro

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
      For the record, I don't think he's an ATG but Floyd and Manny both had nights where they didn't pass with flying colours. ATG status is something that can only really be given at the end of someone's career because there is still a lot of room for that perspective to change (for example, if he destroys Canelo within a couple of rounds and then notches up a few more big wins before retiring). People saying it about GGG now are either fanboys or promotors using it as a marketing tool.

And Jacobs wasn't the first fight against a real MW with skills, but he was definitely his toughest fight on paper going into the fight. No shame in winning a close decision against him.
      No shame at all in winning a tough fight against Jacobs. I love the fact that GGG choose quality over quanity this time instead of fighting a N'dam or Blanco. I like seeing good fighters fight good competition. I don't care for activity if it's against D level competiton. And at his age GGG needs to fight twice a year against good competition instead of 3-4 times a year with only one against good competiton.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
        "You take away [insert boxer's best attribute here] and [insert boxers name here] wouldn't be as good."

Insightful.

This statement speaks volumes about fans' overreaction to what goes on in the ring. Anything less than a dominant knockout performance for Golovkin and he's been "exposed" and "fighting bums his whole career", etc, etc..
        ^^

This!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          No shame at all in winning a tough fight against Jacobs. I love the fact that GGG choose quality over quanity this time instead of fighting a N'dam or Blanco. I like seeing good fighters fight good competition. I don't care for activity if it's against D level competiton. And at his age GGG needs to fight twice a year against good competition instead of 3-4 times a year with only one against good competiton.
          Well said, I think this fight was an example of how both fighters won at the end of the fight because of the strength of their performance. You can make the point that Golovkin didn't get the knockout as most expected but the fact that Danny was able to give such a great performance made the victory even more significant.

I think that after the Saunders fight (assuming it happens) Golovkin's activity will probably start to drop. Abel mentioned something in the post fight interview about Golovkin dropping the belts after the Canelo fight, so this may be an indication of what he will do in the future, possibly move up or simply make big fights without having to fight the needless mandatories we normally see him fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
            Maidana is way more basic than GGG. and Floyd needed a rematch to clear that up.
            Maidana wasn't basic; he was simply crude. Took Floyd a while to figure it out in the first fight (which he won), but he went with the rematch to eliminate any doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Fans aren't questioning him because it wasn't a dominant KO performance. Fans are questioning his greatness because this was his first real test at MW and he didn't pass with flying colors.

You have to look at it from our perspective. We've been told this guy may be one of the best middleweights of all time. Some of us haven't been impressed and said hold up on that talk until he fights a live body. He's 34 years old and just had his first fight against a real middlweight with skills. No one was saying Jacobs was anything special. A B/B+ fighter. GGG squeaked past him to get a close win. When GGG finally fought decent opposition he looked decent himself. GGG is a decent Middleweight fighter, good for his era, but not an ATG that has been pushed down our throats for years. And if we dared to disagree we got called haters. It's time to stop that ATG talk.

Floyd is an ATG. Manny is an ATG. We've lived thru the era of two ATG's. We know what ATG's look like and we didn't see it in GGG. Bottom line.
              ^^^pretty much this (though the Pacquiao talk is a bit much; Pac's resume above 130lbs is pretty meh, tbh)

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Maidana wasn't basic; he was simply crude. Took Floyd a while to figure it out in the first fight (which he won), but he went with the rematch to eliminate any doubt.

c'mon floyd went in the rematch with added advantages in the ref selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  naw man. Maidana is basic as hell. a C level plodder. biggest win was Broner who jumped up two divisions. Chino was fun to watch but come on man he was nothing special. slow as molasses and was still tagging Floyd with jabs. he trapped Floyd on the ropes and kept him under pressure. going into that fight I predicted a Floyd wipeout similar to Baldomir.

first fight was very close and Kenny Bayless ruined the rematch by not allowing inside fighting. Floyd never figured anything out. that just shows his age and slippage. ten years younger and Floyd whoops Maidana 11-1. easy.

Comment

Hate Mayweather when he pretends he doesn't know who he is, "What's the guy?"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X