Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Corley Round 4. The most exciting round of Mayweather's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Corley is actually a good fighter IMO.

He's a step below the elite and loses most of the times he stepped up but he tested so many of the top guys he fought.

Badly hurt Mayweather, badly hurt Cotto, had a close fight with Zab Judah, IMO I felt he beat Maidanna not too long ago, about a year or so ago.

His win against Paul Mcloskey recently was a very good performance, underdog, in McCloskey's hometown, and took him to school.
    Yeah, he's got skills. Back in the day I use to want him to move down. I felt like he was small enough to make LW and that he would've gave those guys Hell.

Comment

Floyd's able to seamlessly switch it up between unloading his offensive arsenal and just sticking and moving.

Round 8 of May-Hat was the definition of an @ss beating. Then in round 9 instead of forcing for the kill like most would Floyd goes into his reverse gear and jabs. It must have been a mind **** for Hatton

Comment

You guys wanna see heart, GOT DAMN!

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Floyd's able to seamlessly switch it up between unloading his offensive arsenal and just sticking and moving.

Round 8 of May-Hat was the definition of an @ss beating. Then in round 9 instead of forcing for the kill like most would Floyd goes into his reverse gear and jabs. It must have been a mind **** for Hatton
          A reason why Broner won't be able to live up to the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            When he hit him with the same left hook he dropped with in the 10th in that round and just opened up relentless with combinations in the corner, and the ref almost stepped up. That was a beatdown in that round.

Hatton showed great heart and courage to survive that round.
            I def agree that was one of the most 1st sided rds I've ever seen but Hatton stood tall.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              A reason why Broner won't be able to live up to the hype.
              I agree. Highly skilled boxers like Floyd only arrive on the scene every once in awhile.

Comment

On my cell so don't feel like typing a lot but one thing that stood out to me is that in between rounds you could here Roger telling Floyd to go to the body. U then here Floyd saying something like he can't because Chop is covering up. U could tell roger was frustrated and tryin to get Floyd to listen.

Then in like the 8th or 10th round they are in the ring and u can here roger saying "the body". Floyd immediately throws a quick body shot that stops chop in his tracks. U can here roger say something like " there it is". Then Floyd throws another body block to where u can see chop is hurt. Then Floyd unloaded a combo that ended up coming back up top after chop dropped his hands. It sent chop going backwards.

That's why I laugh when people say trainers don't matter with Floyd. Those eyes help and they are studying film non stop. They lay the gameplan. Floyd executes snd is a great adjuster but he doesn't do it alone. Roger an senior know there stuff

Comment

You get plenty of guys that are good at offense, fewer that are good at defense and even fewer still that are good at both.

Very rarely do you find a guy who can do both and transition between them easily, the ability to transition really is the calling card of an elite versatile boxer. It really is not something most people look at but transitioning from offense to defense is always a tricky thing and catches lots of guys who think they can box up so when watching a prospect that is something to pay attention to.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Augustus-Mayweather had some really good rounds.
                    No doubt, Floyd got busted up in that fight. Round 3 was very exciting.

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

He made sure the meat was properly tenderized before eating it.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                      True, although I liked the Judah/Ortiz/Mosley fights.
                      Judah was before the Baldomir fight but yeah that was an entertaining fight.

That's the thing, even post Oscar despite being more conservatite than his earliest and earlier career he still put on exciting fights. Hatton, Mosley, Ortiz and Cotto are all exciting fights IMO.

The thing is a lot of people just base his whole career off the Baldomir and Oscar fights.

Add the fact it's around the same time Mayweather avoided Margarito and turned the volume up to max on his persona.

So it's understandable he rubbed people up the wrong way.

Comment

Working...
                      X