Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it was PBF in there that night, could he have kept Margito off him like Manny did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I know the topic starter wanted to hear, well Margarito would stop Floyd, however no.

Floyd would win by UD or even stop Tony due to cuts, bleeding or etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
      Stop lying ...

Floyd didn't admit to avoiding that BUM...
      “A lot of people must realize this, a lot of people wanted to see me and Antonio Margarito fight at one particular time (2006) and they said I was duckin’ and dodgin’ Antonio Margarito,” said Mayweather last week on the air. “Now this is the same guy that was cheating and I told the world that there was something funny going on with Antonio Margarito. Come to find out that this guy was cheating and beating opponents with casts in his gloves.

http://www.*************.com/headlin...yd-mayweather/

Before there was any sort of evidence or reason to assume Tony way cheating, Floyd chose not to fight him because he believed there was "something funny going on with Antonio Margarito"

Thats called "avoiding."

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Pressure is how to fight Floyd, and a (much) bigger man like Marg would give Floyd a long night.

Floyd admitted to avoiding him when Tony was calling him out last year on Boxingscene. He said he knew something "wasn't right" about him and that he "told the whole world" about Margarito. I don't blame him, Tony looked like a monster against Cotto.

I think it would have been a close fight. If a 140lber like Hatton could bully Floyd, who knows how it would have looked with Tony in there.
        Actually, Oscar pressured Floyd in their fight and had major advantages over Floyd at 154lbs and he still lost. That was a much better version of Oscar than the one who fought Manny, and was considered way better than Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
          He wasn't supposed to stop any of the guys he KO'd.
          He didn't even stop Marquez who was a midget to him, you think he would stop a beast in Margarito? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingWasp View Post
            Look at Manny's face after the Margo fight... the Clottey fight.. and the Cotto fight. Tell me.. has Floyd ever been that busted up? That should answer your question as to if he could keep Margo off him.
            This is because they are two different fighters. An offensive one and a defensive one. So Manny will always get hit more than Floyd. Running is not Manny's cup of tea.

All I am asking was, would he be able to defeat Margo the same way as Manny did without getting hit that much in return, given that Margo dished out the most punishment Manny got compared to Pacquiao's previous opponents, yet Manny was still able to give him the beating of his life. What more a defensive one?

Do you get my point?

Comment

duckboy would break his hands before hurting margarito. if shane spent 9 rounds unloading bombs until he stopped him, there's no way floyd would stop him, especially at 154, where pacquiao (a harder puncher) couldn't do so with the 400+ punches he landed

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                It was posted on boxingscene.
                I bet it was.

Floyd AGREED to fight Tony for 8 mil...BUT...he wanted 20 mil for Oscar and 10 each for Hatton and Cotto..

Which was REASONABLE...

Arum said "Mayweather is delusional".

Floyd went on to prove Arum wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer#1 View Post
                  He didn't even stop Marquez who was a midget to him, you think he would stop a beast in Margarito? No way.
                  Floyd would have KO'd Marquez if he wanted to. He just liked and respected Marquez enough to drop him once for getting a bit too cocky.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer#1 View Post
                    I don't think nobodies saying that Floyd would stop Margarito the way Mosley did, but im talking cuts, bruising, can't see, eyes shut! But then again his corner should have thrown in against Manny and didn't so probably not.

Either way Floyd Mayweather would beat Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by JourneymanUK View Post
                      This is because they are two different fighters. An offensive one and a defensive one. So Manny will always get hit more than Floyd. Running is not Manny's cup of tea.

All I am asking was, would he be able to defeat Margo the same way as Manny did without getting hit that much in return, given that Margo dished out the most punishment Manny got compared to Pacquiao's previous opponents, yet Manny was still able to give him the beating of his life. What more a defensive one?

Do you get my point?
                      Mayweather doesn't run....that's just hater lingo.

Floyd would punish Tony all night and not get all busted-up like Pacroid.

Comment

Working...
                      X