Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silva was clearly making a statement to somebody !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silva was clearly making a statement to somebody !!!

The Fedor fans and Canadians will hate even when there's a k.o involved, but that's to be expected. I think when Silva said he would make a statement in the pre fight interview he meant exactly what you saw.

It's obvious he had full control of that fight and could have given fans the ending they wanted to see , but not this time....Something's going on.

1. He's seems pretty insulted when challenged by fellow Brazillians, perhaps he's sending a message to his country men that if you challenge his reign you will be humiliated....(need I pull Lietes gif's up ?)

2. Maybe it was a message to Wand. I believe Maia trains with Wand and we all know how pissed The Spider was when he found out Wand was moving to MW. Look at the Wand tribute video put together by Brazillian fighters Anderson has this fake grin on his face like he's rather not be bothered with it.

3. No Super fights - Since The Spider's rise to the top ranks he's made it clear that he wants to fight the best yet Dana seems to keep stalling him out and while Vitor may have been acceptable he made it clear that he didn't think Vitor earned a title shot.
    Once he accepted the fight Vitor pulled the injury card and The Spider was again forced to fight a lackluster opponent.
    Don't forget Anderson wants to retire with a bang and somehow Dana convinced him to extend his contract and I'm almost sure Anderson made it clear he was in it for big fights until his demise as p4p king.
    I'd be pissed too.

4. GSP at 170 - I'm sure Anderson took issue with the fact that Dana would allow a fight with GSP at 170 but not at 185. I'd be insulted and take it as they value one champ over another for reasons other than skill because Anderson is the most entertaining fighter in the sport right now while GSP is rarely finishing mediocre opponents when he tries too.

I pick all of the above. Plus I'll add the fact that Dana is threatening to force Anderson to fight Machida while protecting GSP.
    What good is being the best in the sport when you don't get the opportunity to prove it ?
    Anderson vs GSP should have already happened at 185 or a 177 catch weight.
    Think about it Dana already ****ed off a fight with RJJ considering the loss to B-Hop, Frank Mir via Shane hamhock Carwin, and GSP has to happen at 170 if it's going to happen at all.......all so Dana can grow his business while this dude is trying to plan his retirement. People say he should just fight who the UFC gives him but then when he k.o's them he gets no credit for because they were overrated in the first place.

Look at how long it took Dana to make Chuck vs Wand. They had both completely lost it by the time they got in the cage together.

Fedor says he won't sign up because The Ufc doesn't treat fighters like humans.
    Dan Henderson is gone because they wouldn't pay him accordingly yet they promise Bisping a title shot if he beat Dan but Dan got no such luck they just let him go. We all know if it weren't for The Spider Hendo or Frankilin would be MW champ right now.
    Rampage also had his issues with the UFC and all these guys above are legendary and critical to to current state of the sport.

Anderson Silva, Rampage, Dan Henderson, Fedor.

For that matter why do you think the Diaz bros. are always pissed off ?

I'd go as far as to say B.J showed up with the same amount of respect for the event and the organization as Silva did.

Fedor wants to compete in Sambo, Gsp wanted to wrestle for the olympic team, Rampage wanted to act, Silva wanted to box a legend. All of these request were scoffed at by Dana and that's why Brock vs Fedor will never happen.

Anderson made a big statement yesterday (2pac style) and I applaud him. Brutality is one thing putting fighters in the cage that lack the sufficient tools to be in there with their opponents is disgusting and disappointing to the fans.

Anderson Silva Clowns Demian Maia UFC 112 [3]

Anderson Silva Royce Gracie Impersonation UFC 112

Anderson Silva Flying Knees Demian Maia UFC 112

Anderson Silva Clowns Demian Maia UFC 112 [2]

Comment

Anderson Silva Taunts Demian Maia UFC 112

Comment

I think he's tired of these dudes setting him up with anything but the greatest of fighters. He should only be fighting dudes like gsp, fedor, ramage, shogun. Not guys like griffing, maia, leites. This is why he was not fighting and was just making a mockery of the event, because it was a mockery for him to be fighting maia.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelfist View Post
          I think he's tired of these dudes setting him up with anything but the greatest of fighters. He should only be fighting dudes like gsp, fedor, ramage, shogun. Not guys like griffing, maia, leites. This is why he was not fighting and was just making a mockery of the event, because it was a mockery for him to be fighting maia.
          so it has nothing to do with their style's? not so much griffin but this past saturday as well as leites, he doesnt want on the ground.. that simple, so when he does fight GSP, how do you see it going when GSP wants to go to the ground???

Comment

Holy ****, Silva needs to retire, like right now. Being on sherdog and reading the garbage spewed on there, these fans don't deserve to see him fight again.

GSP would get embarassed, Fedor would lose.. heck, man, Silva would **** on 99 percent of people out there. Whoever they put in front of him next, he will embarass the person.

Comment

Holy ****, Silva needs to retire, like right now. Being on sherdog and reading the garbage spewed on there, these fans don't deserve to see him fight again.

GSP would get embarassed, Fedor would lose.. heck, man, Silva would **** on 99 percent of people out there. Whoever they put in front of him next, he will embarass the person.
              You're a ****ing idiot

Comment

until he loses, I'm not. You cannot disprove my statements. I hope to God that they put GSP against Silva next. It will be embarassing as hell for George.

Comment

until he loses, I'm not. You cannot disprove my statements. I hope to God that they put GSP against Silva next. It will be embarassing as hell for George.
                  You honestly think anyone wants to see Silva fight again? Nobody that saw that event would pay another dime to see him do Dancing with the Stars for 5 rounds.

Anderson Silva doesn't deserve the support of the fans, not the other way around. He made a mockery of the sport and a debut in the Middle East which was crucial to the UFC's expansion into Asia, and he comes in and act like an idiot because why? He's not fighting tougher opponent? Because he's not fighting guys that will stand with him?

If Maia hadn't have gotten KO'd by Nate he would have eventually met Silva. Are you telling me that Anderson's gameplan would have suddenly changed if Maia was a legit contender?
                  Last edited by TheNegation; 04-12-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
                    You honestly think anyone wants to see Silva fight again? Nobody that saw that event would pay another dime to see him do Dancing with the Stars for 5 rounds.

Anderson Silva doesn't deserve the support of the fans, not the other way around. He made a mockery of the sport and a debut in the Middle East which was crucial to the UFC's expansion into Asia, and he comes in and act like an idiot because why? He's not fighting tougher opponent? Because he's not fighting guys that will stand with him?

If Maia hadn't have gotten KO'd by Nate he would have eventually met Silva. Are you telling me that Anderson's gameplan would have suddenly changed if Maia was a legit contender?
                    I have to say that Silva just made me a fan of GSP if the two ever actually do fight.

As for the point about expansion into Asia though, the Abu Dhabi sheik (or whatever he is) buying a stake in the UFC was basically a case of an extremely wealthy aristocrat buying a new toy for his sandbox. I can't help but chuckle when I here of the UFC being a "1 billion dollar asset" on the premise that a sheik paid $100 million for a 10% stake. While the math certainly works out, the sheik didn't pay based on actual worth.

Basically, I've read Zuffa's statements that "this is the perfect partnership for breaking into Asia," but it's really all smoke and mirrors. The political economy of the Middle East is nothing like that of the West. This deal had nothing to do with strategic business arrangements, and had everything to do with royalty purchasing a new play thing, and the UFC accepting the finances. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                    X