No announcement yet.

David Lemieux vs Erislandy Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    According to boxrec Lara has had 4 title defenses since losing to Canelo back in July 2014. He fought Ishe Smith ranked 14th, Rodriguez ranked 40th, Zaveck ranked 21st and Vanes ranked 9th by boxrec. Only 1 of the 4 guys he fought in the last 2 plus years was even ranked in boxrec's top 10. That doesn't earn him the shot he has been calling for with the world's best middleweight, GGG. If he can beat Lemieux who boxrec ranks the 4th best middleweight in the world that would earn him a middleweight ranking and a shot at GGG. It would also shows how he compares with GGG against a common opponent. Lara struggled with slow plodder Angulo who knocked Lara down twice. Lemieux is much faster and hits much harder than Angulo. I think Lemieux would knock Lara out. I would love this fight to happen.
    This "earning title shot" business doesn't mean anything anymore. Welcome to the new age of boxing. Plenty of "unworthy" fighters get a crack at the top dog. Why not Lara? At least he's got a name.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Of course they didn't. I never see that fight brought up here. It's always "Angulo doe!". Lara is easy to dislike but damn, the dude has skills. Really pisses me off because I'm always rooting against him.

I scored a narrow victory for Canelo but I don't argue with those who called it for Lara and I admit that Lara threw that one away when he could have solidly won if he didn't get content.
      Great post, bro. I'm not a Lara fan myself. Hate the way he fights. But he does have skills.

I thought Landy should've pulled off that fight on points, but I agree he threw away the opportunity. Fighting the way he does wasn't likely to get him a win versus a marquee name. Lara and his team had to know this. I roll my eyes when I hear him and/or his manager call for a rematch. You had your shot, buddy. You blew it. Stop begging for another payday.

Comment

Lara wipes the floor with him.

Comment

Working...
        X