Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter- Confrontation in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
    Porter is a former IBF Champion. That was HIS strap at 147 until Brook took it away, and then Spence took it away. Why doesn’t Porter feel the need to return his strap home?
    There's not a fighter on the planet that would rather be IBF champion than unified WBC/WBA champion. Thurman brings more to the table in every way. Porter would be an idiot to give up that guaranteed Thurman fight. Even if Porter loses to Thurman, he can still likely get a fight with Spence. So there's literally no reason to go after Spence first.

Porter lost to Keith, why would Haymon pay Porter more in a Thurman fight than Spence?
    Thurman is a bigger star than Spence and therefore fighting Thurman is more lucrative than fighting Spence. Showtime would pay more for Thurman-Porter II than they would pay for Spence-Porter. The public needs time to find out about Spence. Just because all of us know Spence is the truth doesn't mean the casual audience is as familiar with him as they are with Thurman. It takes time to build a fighter. Spence has only had one defense so far.

Porter would get make the same amount for either fight as Haymon benefits off Porter’s name for either Keef or building up Spence more for PBC, so he would pay Porter nicely for any instance.
    Thank you for your uneducated and uninformed opinion. But no, Porter would not make the same amount against Spence as he would against Thurman. You clearly have no idea how any of this works. If fighting Spence would put more money in Porter's pocket, he'd be chasing Spence instead of chasing Thurman. Follow the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Spence fought Brook in May. You're telling me between May and the rest of the year a deal couldn't have been reached for a Porter fight, especially when Spence was asking for it?
      Spence/Peterson was already in negotiations by late Summer for them to fight on Showtime at the end of the year. Just because the fight got delayed slightly doesn't mean Spence was available for Porter.

Sad you care nothing about the best fighting the best but would rather play businessman.
      Sad that you are unable to read and invented in your mind what I prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        There's not a fighter on the planet that would rather be IBF champion than unified WBC/WBA champion. Thurman brings more to the table in every way. Porter would be an idiot to give up that guaranteed Thurman fight. Even if Porter loses to Thurman, he can still likely get a fight with Spence. So there's literally no reason to go after Spence first.

Thurman is a bigger star than Spence and therefore fighting Thurman is more lucrative than fighting Spence. Showtime would pay more for Thurman-Porter II than they would pay for Spence-Porter. The public needs time to find out about Spence. Just because all of us know Spence is the truth doesn't mean the casual audience is as familiar with him as they are with Thurman. It takes time to build a fighter. Spence has only had one defense so far.

Thank you for your uneducated and uninformed opinion. But no, Porter would not make the same amount against Spence as he would against Thurman. You clearly have no idea how any of this works. If fighting Spence would put more money in Porter's pocket, he'd be chasing Spence instead of chasing Thurman. Follow the money.
        Lol. You’re rocking an IBF strap in your sig... that’s suspect..

Porter is an elite 147 former Champion. The opportunity is there for him to want Spence and get his IBF title back to then unify with Thurman. Isn’t that the point of your profile logo?

Porter has an opportunity that many would want to be on primetime tv or Showtime to fight Spence and get his belt back. It’s all strategic for Porter to want Thurman in the spotlight to stir attention away from any Spence narrative. Seeing what Spence did to Brook do you think Porter fears him?

Comment

The Porters talk a lot of smack without backing it up. Only a moron can criticise Keith Thurman for taking a tuneup after such a long layoff.

Comment

Spence/Peterson was already in negotiations by late Summer for them to fight on Showtime at the end of the year. Just because the fight got delayed slightly doesn't mean Spence was available for Porter.
            Show proof of this. Spence himself said he fought Lamont because none of the other guys would accept a fight with him. He was even trying to get Garcia in the ring. So please oh wise one, give us all this inside info you seem to have that even though Spence was gunning to get Porter or Garcia in the ring, that instead he chose to face Lamont Peterson even though he is already on record saying those other guys didn't want to fight.

Sad that you are unable to read and invented in your mind what I prefer.
            I can read just fine. The proof is in the crap you're on here saying. Clear as day to see you want to act like you have some kind of inside scoop but you're on a forum just like the rest of us fans

Comment

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
              The opportunity is there for him to want Spence and get his IBF title back
              According to who? Porter is the WBC mandatory. He's not ranked by the IBF. How do you know the opportunity is there?

Porter has an opportunity that many would want to be on primetime tv or Showtime to fight Spence
              How do you know he has that opportunity?

And why would he prefer that opportunity over fighting Thurman for more money and more belts?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                Feed us poor saps with your inside knowledge, oh great one.
                You're the one pretending to know things you couldn't possibly know.

If you want to know how & why fights get made, I'm happy to offer some insight based on 20 years of making fights, but it doesn't really seem like you have any interest in understanding why things happen the way they do. You seem to prefer to pretend you have all the answers and live in a fantasy world where any fighter can snap their fingers and get any fight they want.

Comment

According to who? Porter is the WBC mandatory. He's not ranked by the IBF. How do you know the opportunity is there?

How do you know he has that opportunity?

And why would he prefer that opportunity over fighting Thurman for more money and more belts?
                  How do we know?

1. PBC
                  2. “Porter”
                  3. Defenses are open to Spence
                  4. Haymon compensates Porter the same for a fight with Thurman or Prter, doesn’t matter. Porter’s value has dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Show proof of this.
                    https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/10/...amont-peterson

The fight was announced October 14. Fights take months to negotiate.

Peterson vacated on October 3 because the IBF won't let you unify with a "regular" WBA title.

http://www.************.com/2017/10/...spence-decjan/

Spence himself said he fought Lamont because none of the other guys would accept a fight with him.
                    And?

He was even trying to get Garcia in the ring.
                    And?

So please oh wise one, give us all this inside info you seem to have that even though Spence was gunning to get Porter or Garcia in the ring, that instead he chose to face Lamont Peterson
                    Porter & Garcia were being lined up for an interim WBC title fight, but Garcia decided to take the rest of the year off.

Peterson was the most credible opponent offered to Spence. Spence is willing to fight anybody obviously.

I can read just fine. The proof is in the crap you're on here saying. Clear as day to see you want to act like you have some kind of inside scoop but you're on a forum just like the rest of us fans
                    Nowhere did I say what I prefer. You made that up. Or you can't read. So are you a liar or are you illiterate? Because clearly I never said what I prefer.

I'm on this forum because I'm paid to be here. There are some great fans here, but there's no way I'd waste my time putting up with so many trolls and idiots if i wasn't being paid to do so. The average IQ on this site is double digits at best.

Comment

You're the one pretending to know things you couldn't possibly know.

If you want to know how & why fights get made, I'm happy to offer some insight based on 20 years of making fights, but it doesn't really seem like you have any interest in understanding why things happen the way they do. You seem to prefer to pretend you have all the answers and live in a fantasy world where any fighter can snap their fingers and get any fight they want.
                      Blah! Blah! Blah!

Comment

Working...
                      X