Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are hispanics considered white for the purposes of recording crime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are hispanics considered white for the purposes of recording crime?

And considered as a minority for everything else?.

Classification of Hispanics

The UCR classifies most Hispanics into the "white" category. The NCVS classifies some Hispanic criminals as "white" and some as "other race". The victim categories for the NCVS are more distinct.

According to a report by the National Council of La Raza, research obstacles undermine the census of Latinos in prison, and “Latinos in the criminal justice system are seriously undercounted. The true extent of the overrepresentation of Latinos in the system probably is significantly greater than researchers have been able to document. Lack of empirical data on Latinos is partially due to prisons' failures to document race at intake, or recording practices that historically have classified Latinos as white.[19]

Overall the FBI didn't include a 'Latino' or 'Hispanic' category until recently and 93% of Hispanics are classified as "white" by law enforcement officers (irrespective of their ancestry) often inflating actual white criminal statistics.[20][21]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race..._United_States

For the National Crime Victimization Survey, respondents self identify with one or more racial categories. Racial categories include white only, black only, and other race only. The "other" category is composed of Asians, Pacific Islanders, American Indians, Aleuts, and Eskimos, if only one of these races is given. Persons reporting two or more races are included in the category of "more than one race." The race of the head of household is used for computing household crime demographics.

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=922

Motha****as like the perks of checkin that box but also like to cry racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      And considered as a minority for everything else?.

Classification of Hispanics

The UCR classifies most Hispanics into the "white" category. The NCVS classifies some Hispanic criminals as "white" and some as "other race". The victim categories for the NCVS are more distinct.

According to a report by the National Council of La Raza, research obstacles undermine the census of Latinos in prison, and “Latinos in the criminal justice system are seriously undercounted. The true extent of the overrepresentation of Latinos in the system probably is significantly greater than researchers have been able to document. Lack of empirical data on Latinos is partially due to prisons' failures to document race at intake, or recording practices that historically have classified Latinos as white.[19]

Overall the FBI didn't include a 'Latino' or 'Hispanic' category until recently and 93% of Hispanics are classified as "white" by law enforcement officers (irrespective of their ancestry) often inflating actual white criminal statistics.[20][21]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race..._United_States

For the National Crime Victimization Survey, respondents self identify with one or more racial categories. Racial categories include white only, black only, and other race only. The "other" category is composed of Asians, Pacific Islanders, American Indians, Aleuts, and Eskimos, if only one of these races is given. Persons reporting two or more races are included in the category of "more than one race." The race of the head of household is used for computing household crime demographics.

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=922
      Good point brother, I'm white male Hispanic, with mixed blood.. My ancestors are all over the place. If I tried to be racist I don't know what percentage of my big hands to slap some sense into myself...

Comment

because it fits an agenda

Comment

I don't think it's a matter of deliberate misinformation so much as, any politician who ever tried to touch it would be "Nazified" in short order.

When the US first started taking census of "Hispanic" people they were mostly white — ie Spanish or white/native families and clearly differentiated from colored (black, dark mestizo) people. It was actually a properly applied linguistic classification. Ricky Ricardo.

Over time the category just stopped making any sense due to changing migration trends. We started using it as a racial term, which it isn't, then started adding "white hispanic" prefixes to differentiate those from the newly invented "hispanic race", etc.

Racial science has been heavily censored in US academia since WW2 so the odds of the country adopting a census with racial categories that follow anthropological/genetic reality are very low.

It also prolongs the imaginary "white majority" which hasn't actually existed in years but gives Americans a sense of stability.

I'm middle eastern and considered white for college admissions but nonwhite in other situations.

Jewish slavetraders were just some racist white guys but Einstein was definitely a Jewish man.
          Last edited by ////; 02-17-2018, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
            I'm middle eastern and considered white for college admissions but nonwhite in other situations.
            Middle eastern ain't a race, you're an Arab terrorist piece of shit........

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
              Neither Middle Eastern (geographic) nor Arab (cultural/linguistic) are racial categories. I'm Lebanese so of the "brown caucasian" variety.

Either way your racial attacks are hard to take seriously since you're a literal left-wing cuckold who curls into fetal position and pretends he's "into it" whenever your own race is attacked. Can't switch back and forth bud. It would warm my heart if you made a habit out of it and grew a spine.
              Last edited by ////; 02-17-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Don't go pissing him off. You know how his people are.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    I don't think it's a matter of deliberate misinformation so much as, any politician who ever tried to touch it would be "Nazified" in short order.

When the US first started taking census of "Hispanic" people they were mostly white — ie Spanish or white/native families and clearly differentiated from colored (black, dark mestizo) people. It was actually a properly applied linguistic classification. Ricky Ricardo.

Over time the category just stopped making any sense due to changing migration trends. We started using it as a racial term, which it isn't, then started adding "white hispanic" prefixes to differentiate those from the newly invented "hispanic race", etc.

Racial science has been heavily censored in US academia since WW2 so the odds of the country adopting a census with racial categories that follow anthropological/genetic reality are very low.

It also prolongs the imaginary "white majority" which hasn't actually existed in years but gives Americans a sense of stability.

Jewish slavetraders were just some racist white guys but Einstein was definitely a Jewish man.
                    Or maybe because the bold is impossible?

Comment

Working...
                    X