No announcement yet.

The History of Boxing in Ancient Egypt.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    Awe, you can't actually speak to history at all can you?

I think it's cute how you immediately went and looked that **** up. Now look up Nubian history.

A good levant culture that init?

What can you expect when you attach yourself to basement history? Yep, you can really tell the eastern influence in the Andromeda myth.

Wawat and Tosetti are the name of the regions. You'd know this if you knew your ass.

Nubian is the name of the culture and people. You'd know that as well if you knew your ass.

Sudan is the modern state that influenced Egypt into what it is today. Clearly them were white Sudanese huh?

We get the term Nubian from the Greeks. The same folk who let us know Egyptians culture mostly started in Nubia and worked its way north down the nile river before archeology pointed that out.

Which is why Nubia has more pyramids than Egypt and the middle east does not. Now off you pop to try to string together some bull**** as if you have ever had any real interest in anything but perpetuating lies you like to believe.

Egypt is African. Cry all you want about it, doesn't change the fact that over the centuries their main influence was Sudan.

You want to be able to pretend like blinks in people groups outweighs millenia of cultural exchange. It's comically absurd.
    Obviously I didn't waste my time reading any of that. But I can't stress how proud I am that you have made so many posts without once going on a Marciano tangent.

That being said, weirdness isn't an argument nor is it a sound strategy. I can tell you, the people of North Africa,Egypt, the Levant and Anatolia are White. Lighter skinned than European and Asian Whites, but not at all Black. The genetics, linguistics, cultural exchanges, physical appearances, lore and history of these people proves it.

I get it. Your Marciano rants prove it. You don't care for facts. But the point remains regardless of your acknowledgment, it's just a little weird that a Black dude is so invested in Egyptian culture when so much of his own culture remains to be explored.

I like Seminole culture here in Florida, but Parthian history is my fix.

- Asad.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
      Obviously I didn't waste my time reading any of that. But I can't stress how proud I am that you have made so many posts without once going on a Marciano tangent.

That being said, weirdness isn't an argument nor is it a sound strategy. I can tell you, the people of North Africa,Egypt, the Levant and Anatolia are White. Lighter skinned than European and Asian Whites, but not at all Black. The genetics, linguistics, cultural exchanges, physical appearances, lore and history of these people proves it.

I get it. Your Marciano rants prove it. You don't care for facts. But the point remains regardless of your acknowledgment, it's just a little weird that a Black dude is so invested in Egyptian culture when so much of his own culture remains to be explored.

I like Seminole culture here in Florida, but Parthian history is my fix.

- Asad.
      Neither of us believe you can insult you way to being correct so what are you doing? Making yourself feel better because you are insecure?

You got a spanking son. You write at me like you've been spanked in the past, over Marciano, and can't get over it. I don't remember it, but I guess I have two on you now.

It's not my fault you have such strong opinions with little to no understanding. It isn't my fault bringing an understanding to your strong opinions gets an emotional reaction out of you.

Comment

How weird that a man of African descent would be interested in Egyptian culture...due to how it might have cross influences from/on other cultures on the continent of Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          How weird that a man of African descent would be interested in Egyptian culture...due to how it might have cross influences from/on other cultures on the continent of Africa.
          Yet the known fact that it doesn't is readily available. Well besides making Black people Eunuchs for the Turks - who still kill my people.

And it's not like he's going to do anything to topple the Arabs and liberate the Copts.

It's just an Orientalist Fetish. He should stick to his own culture. Rather than exploiting that of a beleaguered people.
          Last edited by Zmerai Khan; 12-08-2018, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Neither of us believe you can insult you way to being correct so what are you doing? Making yourself feel better because you are insecure?

You got a spanking son. You write at me like you've been spanked in the past, over Marciano, and can't get over it. I don't remember it, but I guess I have two on you now.

It's not my fault you have such strong opinions with little to no understanding. It isn't my fault bringing an understanding to your strong opinions gets an emotional reaction out of you.

I'm sure you put a lot of time into the post. But it's only more weirdness, no doubt.

Have you been checked out for Asperger's?

Comment

LOL, if I showed you a map of Africa and a map of Asia, you wouldn't be able pick which is Africa.

Egypt is part of the Middle East. Africa was the region to the west of Egypt. So, while it's a part of the African continent, no one should think about it as being in any way linked to the Sahel.

My parents are from Asia, but no one ignorant of my heritage has ever considered me anything other than White. I'm not Brown enough for people to always trust me that i'm middle eastern. But i'm clearly a White guy with origins in Asia.

Germany, Australia, the US - no one ever looked at me different. I am sure that wouldn't be the case in Tokyo or Seoul. I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Persian culture is richer than anything almost anywhere else, but that doesn't mean Japanese people should abandon their culture to study mine.
              Your a chauvanist. Knowledge of anything historical belongs to everyone, it is not the domain of one culture. How arrogant, I hope you are just young and stupid. And if you are Persian, whats with this whole white guy in Asia crap? Persian culture is distinct from other Middle Eastern culture, and?

By the way...the foremost scholar of Ancient Egyptian culture, from a popular Ivory Tower perspective is/was martin Bernal who has shown conclusively through linguistic, archeological, and other arguments that Egypt was part of the nexus of African cultures in the area. But you know better?

Comment

Dude's just a troll. I wouldn't pay him any attention.

Egypt had plenty of interactions and cultural exchanges with the rest of Africa.

For Persia's part, Persia controlled the land between Rome and India and made good money being the middleman.

Starting around 100 BC a route from Egypt to India was established, making use of the Red Sea and using monsoon winds to cross the Arabian Sea directly to southern India. By about 100 AD, the volume of traffic being shipped on this route had eclipsed older routes. Roman demand for goods from southern India increased dramatically, resulting in greater number of large ships sailing down the Red Sea from Roman Egypt to the Arabian Sea and India

The Kingdom of Aksum was ideally located to take advantage of the new trading situation. Adulis soon became the main port for the export of African goods, such as ivory, incense, gold, slaves, and exotic animals. In order to supply such goods the kings of Aksum worked to develop and expand an inland trading network. A rival, and much older trading network that tapped the same interior region of Africa was that of the Kingdom of Kush, which had long supplied Egypt with African goods via the Nile corridor. By the 1st century AD, however, Aksum had gained control over territory previously Ku****e. The Periplus of the Erythraean Sea explicitly describes how ivory collected in Ku****e territory was being exported through the port of Adulis instead of being taken to Meroë, the capital of Kush. During the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD the Kingdom of Aksum continued to expand their control of the southern Red Sea basin. A caravan route to Egypt was established which bypassed the Nile corridor entirely. Aksum succeeded in becoming the principal supplier of African goods to the Roman Empire, not least as a result of the transformed Indian Ocean trading system.

But yeah.....Egypt is the middle east....sure. Africans got no reason to study an Egypt from before Rome huh?

Also, the Andromeda myth. The Greeks sure seem to think the Egyptians were African...they were there.
                Martin Bernal "Black Athena" shows conclusively through linguistic evidence, archeological evidence, etc that Egypt was an Afro-Hamitic culture. Your post is, as usual correct.

Comment

I love your endless rants. You're really adorable. But don't pretend to know history simply because you scour Wikipedia for hours at a time.

Egyptians were the same as the people of Anatolia and the Levant. Probably they were related to Etruscans and people of the Balkans as well.

Clearly they were White, but not indo- european. Kinda like those damn Turks!
                  Fascinating stuff. Shouldn't be contaminated with falsehoods.
                  Learn your history... You are way off. Egypt itself was a melting pot, but the historical roots, that are traced linguistically show exactly what kind of culture birthed Egypt.

Let me ask you this... If a long long time from now, an archeologist found New York City buried...You know like Planet of the Apes? the scene where the statue of Liberty shows where they are... What culture would they say New York City was? Was it African? Puerto Rican, Messican? White? Egypt was a cosmopolitian society with many economic levels, and many types of people... There was no ethnic Egyptian.

What we do know is that when the middle class, made up of many Solders who went to war in Africa, came back, and had surplus income to invest in education, they became cynical about the divine nature of the Pharaoh which had the effect of causing a shift in Egyptian society... My point is that Egypt was an evolving, changing, heterogenuis society with no one ethnic feature. BUT the language and its changes (Hieroglyph, Hieratic, Demotic) came from African language groups, afro asiatic and afro hiamitic.
                  Last edited by billeau2; 12-08-2018, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Your a chauvanist. Knowledge of anything historical belongs to everyone, it is not the domain of one culture. How arrogant, I hope you are just young and stupid. And if you are Persian, whats with this whole white guy in Asia crap? Persian culture is distinct from other Middle Eastern culture, and?

By the way...the foremost scholar of Ancient Egyptian culture, from a popular Ivory Tower perspective is/was martin Bernal who has shown conclusively through linguistic, archeological, and other arguments that Egypt was part of the nexus of African cultures in the area. But you know better?
                    LOL @ Martin Bernal. You've lost any chance at being taken seriously.

How about just referring to science, and abandoning speculation?

I'm not saying there weren't Blacks in Egypt. I do believe Aksum, while mostly Semitic, was at least partially mixed-race. Definitively NOT West African. But not purely Mediterranean or Semitic.

But the evidence shows Egyptians, particularly the ruling class and stewards of Egyptian culture, were White. If Bernal proves anything, it's that Egypt might've been apart of a pre- Indo European cultural/genetic exchange occurring in the Eastern Mediterranean.
                    Look up the Etruscan language and pre-Hittite Anatolia for a more accurate and broader perspective.
                    Last edited by Zmerai Khan; 12-08-2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Martin Bernal "Black Athena" shows conclusively through linguistic evidence, archeological evidence, etc that Egypt was an Afro-Hamitic culture. Your post is, as usual correct.
                      The same way other Pseudoscience proves Blacks and Asians are inferior?

Blacks didn't give over to the God damn Arabs and Turks as Parthians, Romans, Slavs and Indians. And mongols destroyed our culture. Ever hear of The Islamic Golden Age? It wasn't. It was Iranian. The Mongols only attacked us because we insulted them.

See, pseudoscience may seem convincing when you've got blinders on. But it quickly falls apart when contacted with hard evidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X