Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo fight week....

Do you agree?

And there a still a good amount of tickets available
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 12-11-2018, 08:36 AM.

Might be a different story if he hadn't picked the weakest possible opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Do you agree?

And the fight hasn't sold out yet.
      It feels different b/c he’s fighting on a new platform and no longer on PPV which is better for the fans who support him. Although, i’ll Be flying from LA to NY for this bout, I think it’s terrific we won’t have to spend 79.99 just to watch him fight but just 9.99 a great deal for a boxer of his quality.

Comment

Bet they're already regretting giving tainted cow meat all that guaranteed money. He ain't gonna fight anyone with a pulse anytime soon

Comment

Because Canelo hasn't got mass appeal unless he has a dance partner.

His numbers get significantly lower when he fights guys like Liam Smith and Rocky Fielding

Comment

I’d forgotten he was fighting and saw the opponent. Meh. Callum Smith’s KO1 leftovers? Should have just fought Smith.

I’ve got DAZN but won’t watch this. Then again I don’t find Canelo interesting and probably won’t watch any of his fights moving forward. I had next to no interest in his last fight too. I think the only fight I’ve ever been to was GGG I and that sucked.

Comment

Have they been promoting this correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Have they been promoting this correctly?
                I've read on Twitter they've been running commercials but i haven't seen any. But I don't watch a lot of live TV. I don't recall seeing a commercial during the Loma fight. Maybe the people who watch football would know

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I've read on Twitter they've been running commercials but i haven't seen any. But I don't watch a lot of live TV. I don't recall seeing a commercial during the Loma fight. Maybe the people who watch football would know
                  They are promoting the product of DAZN non-stop on every network and giving it great air time, but they aren't exactly promoting the fight itself. They are looking at the big picture here and know Fielding is unknown that people aren't going to know who he is. Interesting strategy, I'd think they want to make a good first impression and would at least hype him up a bit.

But they probably realize this is going to be a looonnnggg hard process, at least early on.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    They are promoting the product of DAZN non-stop on every network and giving it great air time, but they aren't exactly promoting the fight itself. They are looking at the big picture here and know Fielding is unknown that people aren't going to know who he is. Interesting strategy, I'd think they want to make a good first impression and would at least hype him up a bit.

But they probably realize this is going to be a looonnnggg hard process, at least early on.
                    I wouldn't to much bother with promoting Canelo's opponent. But i would be getting the word out he's fighting on this app this weekend regardless of who he's fighting

Comment

Working...
                    X