No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe easily UD12's Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Ward by stoppage, you don't go from getting dropped by Hopkins and Calzaghe, struggling against Reid, Mitchell, Bika, to defeating the 175 King, TBE.
    Yeah, ok. Calzaghe dominated 168, jumped up to 175 and took on the champ in his own backyard, already dominated the guys that define Ward's legacy, and retired on top of the game like a boss. He would have toyed with Ward, dominating him with his jab and ring generalship.

Comment

It wouldnt even be close tbh, Ward gets dominated from just activity alone.

Comment

The fight would do poorly $$ if PPV.
        Nobody would want to replay the fight on the DVR.
        There would be no rematch.
        It would be an interesting match, but there would be few memorable exchanges.
        I would like to see a fight like this,however, outside of hard core boxing fans, nobody would even care.

Comment

Joe would have a great shot to win...but so would Ward

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Yeah, ok. Calzaghe dominated 168, jumped up to 175 and took on the champ in his own backyard, already dominated the guys that define Ward's legacy, and retired on top of the game like a boss. He would have toyed with Ward, dominating him with his jab and ring generalship.
            Prime RJJ dominate prime Calzaghe end conversation ... Kovalev is NOT an all time great ... if he was he would have closed the show ... why let it go to the scorecards? Kovalev inability to make adjustments on the fly ... he wilted and he loss ... get over it ... he lost all 3 belts and his pride in one night ... I'm pretty sure it sucks to be him ... no I'm positive it sucks to be him ...

Comment

calslappy would easily UD him, Ward throws punches 1 at a time. I literally can't remember the last time he threw a combination...

For every 1 punch ward throw's JC throws 10.

Comment

First off, Someone mentioned Spinks and Moore...thats a tall order even for a great fighter. Ward is incredibly accurate and can fight from all the ranges. Hes also smart and can stand in, at least against an excellent puncher like the crusher...Not necessarily against the likes of James Toney (Spinks could). But Joe is no puncher.

Slappy wins his fights on activity usually. Guys like Ward make you fight a certain way though, and he would frustrate Joe, make joe come to him to flurry. Wards better in most every way, even defensively...Joe is just more active.

I don't think Joe could ever really beat Ward, though he could eke out a decision based on activity if the judges count all his arm slaps as accurate punches. Ward could knock Joe down like Hopkins did. If he finds a way to counter Joe thats it as well.

Comment

No. .......................

Comment

Since Kov couldn't do it now we have to drag in retired great white hypes to defeat Ward to ease the pain

cool , well Ward would get beat down by Marciano. Sh.it the way things are going the undercover klansmen will be making threads with fictional characters like I bet Rocky Balboa would f.uck Ward up you see what he did to Mr T & Drago no way Ward goes the distance

Comment

Working...
                    X