No announcement yet.

Chinny guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
    yeah, that's pretty strange he didn't know who he was, but i mean, he's just focused on his career and i'm sure he wasn't following boxing growing up and stuff. either way, he seems like a decent guy. he did his time in prison like a man, and says he's ready to come back and really do something in boxing. here's an interview of him.
    pretty ironic @ 3:05 though, he says he wants to focus on defense and not walking into shots, and this took place before the ishida fight.

Yeah, he didn't have a good defence, but the weird thing is that Ishida's punches were note even hard, his chin was just unbelievable bad. I don't know if he was sick, dehydrated, possessed by a glass chin spirit or what, but still I don't understand how he was knocked down that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      Yeah, he didn't have a good defence, but the weird thing is that Ishida's punches were note even hard, his chin was just unbelievable bad. I don't know if he was sick, dehydrated, possessed by a glass chin spirit or what, but still I don't understand how he was knocked down that fast.
      yeah me too, i didn't expect him to be put down 3x in the first round against ishida. he's been knocked down before, and gotten back up to stop the other guy, but man, he was out of it from the first kd.

Comment

yeah me too, i didn't expect him to be put down 3x in the first round against ishida. he's been knocked down before, and gotten back up to stop the other guy, but man, he was out of it from the first kd.
        I also remember the post-fight interview when he said that those were "flash knockdowns" ... he was hurt since the first knockdown and was never able to recover.

Comment

yeah, that's pretty strange he didn't know who he was, but i mean, he's just focused on his career and i'm sure he wasn't following boxing growing up and stuff. either way, he seems like a decent guy. he did his time in prison like a man, and says he's ready to come back and really do something in boxing. here's an interview of him.
          pretty ironic @ 3:05 though, he says he wants to focus on defense and not walking into shots, and this took place before the ishida fight.

But he was pretty durable with Anne Wolfe and her training is meant for a guy like Kirkland...

Coming off a long layoff of fighting due to his sentencing I think that significantly affected the guy physically and mentally.......

I mean the fact that Ishida's punches (which were pretty damn accurate and effective....) affected him and hes not known as a hard puncher and Joel Julio is and he took Julio's best punches shows that my theory could be right about him.... Even though he koed his 2 other opponents that month.....i believe he was vulnerable to a decent Boxer type fighter.....

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            One of the biggest misconceptions in fighting sports is that someone can't punch and therefore can't KO anyone, not true.

If anyone is hit just right by just about anyone, they can be knocked down. I saw that Kirkland / Ishida fight and that left hand hit Kirkland picture perfect on the chin and stunned him and dropped him.

After that, he never recovered. Now, he may have a glass chin but I also think that he didn't see it coming and that's why he was so hurt from it.

I remember people on here saying he would walk through Angulo....hahaha

Angulo might murder this kid.

Comment

He "doesn't watch" boxing, as if hes somehow above being a fan. Maybe he should watch boxing more often so he doesn't get K.O'd by a jap bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                One of the biggest misconceptions in fighting sports is that someone can't punch and therefore can't KO anyone, not true.

If anyone is hit just right by just about anyone, they can be knocked down. I saw that Kirkland / Ishida fight and that left hand hit Kirkland picture perfect on the chin and stunned him and dropped him.

After that, he never recovered. Now, he may have a glass chin but I also think that he didn't see it coming and that's why he was so hurt from it.

Very true.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post

Agree on all points especially about Perro murdering him, we have to see if he has a good enough chin to get to a point where he would be fighting a top guy like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X