No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho: Pacquiao Should Think Twice Before Crawford, Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
    He says that but I really doubt it.... Maybe 140 but 135?? I dont know.
    Like Nacho said, the man has the right to choose how he wants to end his career! If he thinks he can make 135, and beat Loma, let him have his day! I think Loma should meet him at 140, since Manny will be 40, but Loma just got to 135, so I can't blame him if he's sticks to his demand of 135, or no fight.

Khan is the better opponent for Pacquiao! Pacquiao vs. Khan in the UK will be much better for Manny's pockets, and Manny has a good chance of beating Khan too! We all know that Khan's chin is very suspect! ANYBODY EXCEPT CRAWFORD, SPENCE, OR THURMAN!

Comment

bob arum does the thinking for pac! when arum says jump thats what pac will do!

Comment

If Pac were to fight any of the top ranked WW like he fiught the other night, i can see him beating all of them. He was on point for that fight. None of the younger guys have ever been in the ring with a fighter that has the speed Manny possesses. For a while ive been on the bandwagon that Pac is shot and slipping, but the matthysse fight showed he still had the speed and power to be a champion. Pac is a champion again so what do we exspect him to do then?!?! One of two things, retire or fight other champs. Id like to see a pac/crawford showdown. Manny is game for it,...is crawford or any of the other top guys ready to face the legend?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by chico malo loc View Post
          bob arum does the thinking for pac! when arum says jump thats what pac will do!
          Problem is arum will not let craford fight pac.

Comment

Crawford would have no problem vs. Manny and stop him in mid rounds... if Pa has that same style as he did vs Lucas... Loma would begin to pick Manny apart sometime after around 3 and it would be either a late round TKO or UD 12..

Comment

Beristain is right. I think we have to be realistic. Is Pacquiao a great fighter? Yes. Can Pacquiao still compete at an elite level? Possibly. But that's a dangerous fight for Pacman because age is a factor. We've seen Pacquiao age over the years since his peak and it's ok because that's life. Pacquiao is still a great fighter and he's still quick, sharp, and powerful. Above all Pacquiao has 23 years of experience with him. With that being said he can still compete at a high level and is still better than most fighters today. But that doesn't change the fact that he's 39 years old and there's always the possibility of him getting old overnight. You couple that with the fact that Loma and Crawford are arguably the two best fighters in the world and that can be a difficult if not a bad night for Pacquiao. I don't want to sound like I'm throwing shade on Pacquiao or that I don't think he can beat said fighters, but I'm just trying to also be realistic here with myself. Could he do it? Possibly. If he does it that would put another feather on his cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Like Nacho said, the man has the right to choose how he wants to end his career! If he thinks he can make 135, and beat Loma, let him have his day! I think Loma should meet him at 140, since Manny will be 40, but Loma just got to 135, so I can't blame him if he's sticks to his demand of 135, or no fight.

Khan is the better opponent for Pacquiao! Pacquiao vs. Khan in the UK will be much better for Manny's pockets, and Manny has a good chance of beating Khan too! We all know that Khan's chin is very suspect! ANYBODY EXCEPT CRAWFORD, SPENCE, OR THURMAN!
                True. The Loma fight is winnable. Pacquiao is a legend and his body is still there which means he's not a shot fighter. If that fight were to happen I'd rather see it at 140. Loma trying to bring Pacquiao down to 135 is crazy. On the contrary Loma should be the one going up, he's the B-side. And Pacquiao is a legend and deserves the right to call the shots. He hasn't fought at 135 in a decade. He'll be drained for that fight if he comes in below 140 in my opinion. Pacman is small yeah but to go down to a weight you haven't seen in a decade is dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Amir Khan @ 147! The reward is much higher than the risk! If not Khan, then Lomachenko @ 135. Manny says he can make 135 easy, so we have to take his word on that. NO CRAWFORD! We don't want to see Holmes vs. Ali 2.0!

Comment

Khan is the perfect next opponent, i favor him 60/40

vs Loma@140 i favor Pac 70/30
                    vs Loma@135 i favor Loma 70/30

vs Crawford, i favor Crawford 60/40

The only big money fight he should avoid is Canelo, i favor Canelo 90/10 @154.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      Nacho raises some obvious points. However, while we can all see that Manny isn't the same I wouldn't count him out against Crawford or Lomachenko. Terrance was rocked by tiny Gamboa and doesn't have an A list name on his resume. Lomachenko is great, but smaller and has already been beaten. Not saying I wouldn't favor them against an old Manny, but he has a shot.

Only thing I would be worried about is shady Arum Jewing Manny on the cards like he has in the past.
                      He was hurt when he was weight draining himself ridiculously to make 135. He's looked much stronger since then. Also let's not act like Gamboa isn't(wasn't) a talented fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X