Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the lineal title holders of each division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the lineal title holders of each division?

If you know who they are, let's see if they're actually the best fighters in their divisions. Name the weight and fighter

None at HW right now I believe.

None at cruiser?

None at lhw.

DeGale at smw I think.

GGG should be at mw but its still Canelo lol Clearly not the best at the weight.

lmw is vacant.

WW is Thurman? Or is it vacant?

LWW obviously TC and rightfully so.

Do they have any further lineals ?

Comment

They seem to be missing at the moment.

Comment

I'm not a fan of how becoming lineal champion works.
        I've seen fighters practically clean out their division and never become lineal champions.
        While other fighters become lineal within their first few fights in a division.

There needs to be a better way to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
          I've seen fighters practically clean out their division and never become lineal champions.

Fully agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post

Agreed. While I can admire the idea behind the ‘man who beat the man’ way of thinking, there are flaws at times. I personally hate it when someone has the majority of the belts in a division and is considered ‘the man’ but there is another guy classed as the actual lineal guy...kind of makes no sense when you have a guy that’s cleaned house but isn’t seen as the man.

Also look at the HW division, at times like this it gets messy too. Klitschko was the man, gets beat by Fury, Fury becomes the man but leaves the game, Joshua comes in and looks like taking over...but who is ‘the man’? How do they determine it at times like this? Just pick someone? Defeats the idea.

But like I said, I like the idea, it just can’t be realistically upheld some times

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
              Agreed. While I can admire the idea behind the ‘man who beat the man’ way of thinking, there are flaws at times. I personally hate it when someone has the majority of the belts in a division and is considered ‘the man’ but there is another guy classed as the actual lineal guy...kind of makes no sense when you have a guy that’s cleaned house but isn’t seen as the man.

Also look at the HW division, at times like this it gets messy too. Klitschko was the man, gets beat by Fury, Fury becomes the man but leaves the game, Joshua comes in and looks like taking over...but who is ‘the man’? How do they determine it at times like this? Just pick someone? Defeats the idea.

But like I said, I like the idea, it just can’t be realistically upheld some times

Canelo is a good example of this. He beat Cotto for the lineal belt and then left the division because he didn't want to fight GGG. Yet rather than give it to GGG when Canelo vacated the actual championship or at least declare it vacant they left it with Canelo. And this was almost 2 years.

Comment

Stevenson, Crawford and Rigondeaux

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                  Canelo is a good example of this. He beat Cotto for the lineal belt and then left the division because he didn't want to fight GGG. Yet rather than give it to GGG when Canelo vacated the actual championship or at least declare it vacant they left it with Canelo. And this was almost 2 years.
                  Exactly man. You end up with a guy that claims to be the man (and theoretically is) while there is someone else who has made a whole other claim for it that makes much more logical sense in the mean time

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    Stevenson, Crawford and Rigondeaux
                    think stevenson was stripped

Comment

Working...
                    X