Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denis Lebedev - deserved to be HOF Cruiserweight or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g27region View Post
    Or american fans doesn't care about cruiserweight division as long as there's no relevant american fighters here?
    Boxfan85(I think thats who it was) and myself had this very discussion leading up to the Gassiev fight. Hes borderline imo and I would at this point lean towards no. He has some good wins, champ a couple times, but.... He does'nt have the win that stands out and makes you go damn.If he had managed to hold on and beat Jones, and beat Gassiev, he would of probably been a yes. But at this point I don't really know who he fights, that he can beat, that might give him that nudge he needs imo.

Comment

Lebedev is a really good CW, has had really good wins.. But HOF? I'm not sure he deserves to be in that list..

Comment

Lebedev is one of the few boxers who I would consider myself a true "fan" of. A guy that I consistently root for because I don't think he's gotten the credit he deserves in his career and I absolutely love his boxing style. His only losses in his career was that close SD to Gassiev, a close SD to Huck in Germany in his prime and that TKO loss to an enormous and juiced up Guillermo Jones in a fight Lebedev was winning. People remember the wins against old RJJ and Toney but he a KO'd a near prime Enzo MC in England, KO'd Alekseev in Germany, beat Kalenga in a war, KO'd undefeated Kayode and picked apart then champ Ramirez in 2 rounds. People should watch that fight to see some of the dominance of Lebedev. Beatuiful movement and boxing complemented by powerful combinations from different angles that made Ramirez look like he was from the stone age.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          Boxfan85(I think thats who it was) and myself had this very discussion leading up to the Gassiev fight. Hes borderline imo and I would at this point lean towards no. He has some good wins, champ a couple times, but.... He does'nt have the win that stands out and makes you go damn.If he had managed to hold on and beat Jones, and beat Gassiev, he would of probably been a yes. But at this point I don't really know who he fights, that he can beat, that might give him that nudge he needs imo.
          This ^^^
          He deserved to be on top 10 p4p list until he lost to Gassiev but HOF, I really doubt he has done enough..
          Huck, Gassiev wins would have put it close
          & Glowacki, Usyk wins should have secured the place..
          He was a really good CW but that's where he would be for me..

Comment

If Lebedev can't get the rematch with Gassiev, I wouldn't mind seeing a last stand type battle with Huck to try to avenge that close defeat from way back when. Maybe he could take on someone like Arslan, Wlodarczyk or Chakhiev in the meantime to show what he's got left.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              If Lebedev can't get the rematch with Gassiev, I wouldn't mind seeing a last stand type battle with Huck to try to avenge that close defeat from way back when. Maybe he could take on someone like Arslan, Wlodarczyk or Chakhiev in the meantime to show what he's got left.
              I'd like to see him fight Glowacki instead.. Gassiev vs Lebedev II is also a good fight.. But Chakhiev is a waste fight imo.. Chakhiev will be KOed..
              Everything said, I'm not sure Lebedev has enough to beat the top guys anymore.. He has slowed down a bit & also showing his age after all the wars he has been through..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                I'd like to see him fight Glowacki instead.. Gassiev vs Lebedev II is also a good fight.. But Chakhiev is a waste fight imo.. Chakhiev will be KOed..
                Everything said, I'm not sure Lebedev has enough to beat the top guys anymore.. He has slowed down a bit & also showing his age after all the wars he has been through..
                I agree, that's why I'd like to see him take 1 fight against a similar veteran before jumping back to the top guys in the division

Comment

Why not? If not he's very close.

I thought Lebedev beat Huck and Jones was caught with some illegal stuff in his system, so he's been a bit unlucky. Lebedev should only have one defeat IMO and that was in his last fight Murat Gassiev.

Lebedev is pushing 40 and he has been in a few wars in his career so I wonder how much he has left now.

That fight against Guillermo Jones was nasty. They took so much punishment you'd think both of them would end up with some serious brain injuries. One of the nastiest wars I've seen.

Lebedev looked a hot mess after the fight
                  Last edited by VatoMulatto; 04-19-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X