Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: It's My Career, It's Not Determined By What People Want

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried to tell y'all British fan boys that A.J; Your hero was a loser. Now you can hear it for yourselves. Joshua is telling all of his fans that they could basically kiss his ass and yet they are still very loyal and supportive of him.

He is even admitting that he is not in the least bit interested in pleasing them by giving them the fights that they want to see. That's what I've been saying about him all along. I hope now that you all can believe me.

Now you get to hear it from the horses mouth. He is essentially saying that he is a dodger and a ducker who fights whoever he wants whenever he wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by ukbox View Post
      Cutting edge strategy aka milk the fans & industry with cherry picks
      Yeah it sucks the way Wilder did that

Comment

• Any respect I had for this guy has long since evaporated

Comment

• Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
          Well as the Povetkin tickets sell like hot cakes you have to ask yourself, why is no one boycotting the fight because they support Wilder?

It’s becuase he doesn’t have any fans where Joshua fights and there’s a whole world outside of America. I know it’s a tough concept to grasp but there are a lot of people in Europe, plenty to sell out stadiums many times over. He doesn’t need Wilder, Wilder needs him.

The only reason for AJ to chase Wilder at all costs would be for ego, to get respect, to have ‘all’ the belts. He’s saying ‘why bother?’ because in 10 years from now he’ll be done and richer for managing his career cleverly. Smart man.
          Are you a fan of boxing or do you just like seeing Joshua's sweaty muscles in the ring?

Comment

• Originally posted by cali37 View Post
            Are you a fan of boxing or do you just like seeing Joshua's sweaty muscles in the ring?
            I’m a fan of boxing and if you step back and look at it without being a Wilder die hard, Povetkin is a good match up.

Also, I’m a realist, it’s obvious this whole thing with Wilder is classic build up BS, we’ve seen 100 times before, Shelley is probably in on it too. It’ll happen, everyone should just relax, neither is going to age in a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
              I’m a fan of boxing and if you step back and look at it without being a Wilder die hard, Povetkin is a good match up.

Also, I’m a realist, it’s obvious this whole thing with Wilder is classic build up BS, we’ve seen 100 times before, Shelley is probably in on it too. It’ll happen, everyone should just relax, neither is going to age in a year.
              "Povetkin is a good match up."

That's not the point. The point is everyone wanted to see Joshua-Wilder next, not povetkin. Joshua ducked and you diehards refuse to call a spade a spade.

Comment

• Its more than obvious why Hearn doesnt allow the robot to speak often....especially during the planned shady conniving negotiations. Any meaningful fighter thats remembered in the heavyweight (or any boxer for that matter) ranks has a career that IS "determined by what people want.".....How could it be otherwise - win or lose? Its what this game is all about - nothing less!

This robot has a propensity to malfunction everytime Wilders name is mentioned and its usually right after Hearn has chosen to un-mute him after a few weeks......Hearn: "we have a guy (AJ) who is making all of this money, and can continue doing so in risk free fights"...... What people want is meaningless to these guys, its about milking AJ for all the risk free lactose they can get....thats why they easily diverted towards PED free pedestrian pedvetkin....a no brainer....

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                  Lmao! AJ basically said f uck his fans!!! They can fight Wilder! AJ is Superman mixed with the Hulk! Wilder is Doomsday mixed with Thanos! Lol. There's no where to hide Scary J!!! Cough up them belts if u don't want no smoke punk!!!
                  That's exactly what he is saying. He is so arrogant, puffed up with pride and full of himself that he feels he doesn't need his fans anymore. After all the man is a multi-millionaire you know. That is why I admire and respect Deontay Wilder so because he is humbled, down to earth and real. He fights for the fans and try to give them the fights that they want to see with a crowd pleasing and fan friendly style to go with it. He even went so far as to apologize for the fight falling through which was a sign that he cared about his fans. Moreover, he's not fake and phony like that punk ass cowardly Anthony Joshua; Who just admitted that he is afraid of fighting Deontay Wilder. That shit he just spewed is turn off to me as a boxing fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali37 View Post
                    "Povetkin is a good match up."

That's not the point. The point is everyone wanted to see Joshua-Wilder next, not povetkin. Joshua ducked and you diehards refuse to call a spade a spade.
                    So what, we don’t control what happen, there isn’t a democratic system to vote the fights you want. Mayweather tried that once, everyone voted for Khan to get a shot at Mayweather and guess what, he didn’t.

It’s all very well for fans to crowd in a circle calling ‘fight,
                    fight, fight’ but this is their work, their living, so they do business deals. Business deals need contracts, both want more, sometimes it takes time to get right.

Nobody ducked anyone this time, it’s obvious they both wanted at least one more build fight. Don’t let them puppet you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      He sounds like Peter Quilin when he said GGG should face Ward instead of fighting him.

Can't believe he's complaining because the fans want to see him fight Wilder and he's telling the fans to fight Wilder. smh smh smh

This dude is a clown
                      Exactly. He is sounding a little too much like his own promoter. I just hope the fans over there start to demand more. Anthony Quillin is his new name.

Comment

Working...
                      X