Buboy knocks out Freddie Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought fortune had cancer, hope he's good now

Comment

a few fighters have left Roach lately not because he is less knowledgeable but because he has slowed down considerably in the last few years. He wanted Manny to stay as the old Manny but that's not the case anymore. Roach is old skool doesn't believe in strength training, this fight Pac didn't have Roach and he was free to strength train with Fortune. What happened? domination and a big KO.... The game has passed Roach by its not his fault it just happens to all great trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        in between rounds when fortune was giving him instructions, manny actually nod his head showing that he's listening. he was more concentrate on fortune than he was with buboy. plus fortune gave him some good instructions. roach is cool but sometimes he cant get the words out.
        yeah Fortune was calm in there he gave Manny great instructions for real, Buboy was just for show, Roach cant really corner any more he mumbles too much so its hard for Manny to understand.

Fortune should just take the helm from now on until Manny retires, he knows Manny inside and out he knew how to condition him properly and knows he is up there and helped with the strategy

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian View Post
          a few fighters have left Roach lately not because he is less knowledgeable but because he has slowed down considerably in the last few years. He wanted Manny to stay as the old Manny but that's not the case anymore. Roach is old skool doesn't believe in strength training, this fight Pac didn't have Roach and he was free to strength train with Fortune. What happened? domination and a big KO.... The game has passed Roach by its not his fault it just happens to all great trainers.
          Roach is no longer capable, he is older and his parkinsons makes it difficult for him to communicate, most of his fighters were getting knocked out badly and roughed up look at Scot Quigg dam he was getting brutalized and Roach had no answer

Did you see how Pac was holding his right glove up everytime and caught Lucas power shot each time, that was Fortune showing that in camp, Fortune posted pictures of him telling manny everytime you throw that uppercut keep that right hand up to block his right hand counter

Roach doesnt do that anymore all Roach does is mittwork and trash talk no more strategy or defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
            Could it be... that Roach hasn't actually been the right trainer for Manny for a long time now
            Being a great trainer is multifaceted. There is the trainer in the gym and then there is the trainer in the ring. I've had a few trainers in the Am's, but the one that stuck out the most was the one who was good at both. Having the proper instruction between rounds is a rare commidity these days. I see a lot of vague instructions. When I'm in that seat, I want to hear instruction, not motivation.

Anyway, Roach isn't a great trainer to begin with. Top Tier, low level, limited ability, 1-2 styles, not dynamic. Basically the trainer Top Rank will refer you to if need be, a company man if you will. With his condition, I'm sure the inbetween round instruction is áss and got worse over the years.

Comment

I think it all depends on whether there was drug testing for the fight or not. Manny looked a lot better physically and the fight was in Asia where we don't really know if the commissions even test fighters before and after fights, the WBA doesn't work with any testing organisation as far as i know and neither Manny nor Lucas were in the clean fighter program by the WBC. So that makes you wonder as well.

Comment

Not to take anything away from Buboy Fernandez but I thought bringing in Justin Fortune, Manny's old Conditioning coach from Hollywood was the key ingredient!

Freddie is old skool and after Alex Ariza had a falling out, I guess he didn't care for a conditioning coach. I blame Ariza because Filipinos a very loyal and Freddie would lose face if Ariza continued.

But as Manny got older he realized he needed a conditioning coach. Matthysse was winded after three rounds. He was the younger fighter by 4 years. Yet Manny was clearly in better condition. I was also surprised to see Justin Fortune belting out advice like he was the head trainer.

I feel bad for Buboy, maybe his first time on the Worlds Stage was a bit overwhelming. Truth be told he did his job! He got Manny through training camp and to the big dance.

Comment

Man, you guys are over-rating Fortune. He's the same dude who worked with Pac for the Horn fight. Manny wasn't any better conditioned for this fight than for the Horn fight. He actually looked slower and wasn't forced to fight at an exhausting pace....How the hell can you say he was better conditioned?....Also, he didn't go 12 grueling rounds like he did in Australia. Pac would've beat Matthysse under almost any circumstance...It wasn't the coaching or conditioning. Lucas has been showing a lack of mental resolve for quite a long time. He wasn't up for a war. He didn't really want to risk going for broke and attempting to KO Pac. I give Pac all the credit, not his side men.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                    Man, you guys are over-rating Fortune. He's the same dude who worked with Pac for the Horn fight. Manny wasn't any better conditioned for this fight than for the Horn fight. He actually looked slower and wasn't forced to fight at an exhausting pace....How the hell can you say he was better conditioned?....Also, he didn't go 12 grueling rounds like he did in Australia. Pac would've beat Matthysse under almost any circumstance...It wasn't the coaching or conditioning. Lucas has been showing a lack of mental resolve for quite a long time. He wasn't up for a war. He didn't really want to risk going for broke and attempting to KO Pac. I give Pac all the credit, not his side men.
                    Totally agree with you.
                    Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      fortune peddles PEDS just saying.
                      Is that who mikey gets them from

Comment

Working...
                      X