Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Amtateur Fight (17 yo, Bantamweight): Comments or Suggestions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuickKO View Post
    What was the purpose of the trainer pushing on the stomach in between rounds?
    To strengthen the stomach for body shots.

Comment

Decent scrap. Like others have said, institute that jab a bit more. When guys like him are reaching with their right hand from so far out and ducking his head down like he seemed to do a lot you need to be aware and shoot that uppercut. I think your trainer may have mentioned it before the 3rd round but I am watching this at work with the sound off. Nice counter right off the ropes in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Nice counter right off the ropes in the second round.
        ^^^^^^ that was a good right hand.

Comment

Hello to everyone who commented Sorry I haven't attentive to this post lately due to the traffic of activities I've had these few days. I really appreciate your love and support towards my fight and boxing, I also thank you so much for the advice and comments you had. I'll do my best to reply to your comments and especially questions. Have a nice day <3

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
            You actually have a pretty nice jab. That lead hook was a little wide and loopy at times. You definitely could've worked the distance a bit more and scored easy points with that jab. Something to work on in case you have someone that likes to work inside.

Where are you from/where is this?
            Oh, thank you I agree my hook was sloppy in a way, numerous hooks attempted only to make it miss, despite the person being in front of me and in range. I appreciate the advice, I'll surely keep it in mind

I'm actually from the Philippines, this was an amateur event held my Elorde (the gym made by Gabriel 'Flash' Elorde himself). UKC (Ultimate Knockout Challenge) is held twice a year (from my knowledge) in the main gym. This aws my 3rd Amateur fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Decent scrap. Like others have said, institute that jab a bit more. When guys like him are reaching with their right hand from so far out and ducking his head down like he seemed to do a lot you need to be aware and shoot that uppercut. I think your trainer may have mentioned it before the 3rd round but I am watching this at work with the sound off. Nice counter right off the ropes in the second round.
              Yes, thank you so much. I agree with the uppercuts. Although, I can admit I am not used to throwing uppercuts due to my style. I usually use my jab,straights and occasional hooks. I felt awkward trying to land my uppercuts because it lacked consistency and training. However after your advice, and my fight, I realized I need to work on it a lot. Thank you .

And yes, my trainer mentioned it in those rounds. I tried the counter multiple times, but my timing was off that's why I couldn't have really pulled it off. Thank you so much for this, i appreciate it hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                ^^^^^^ that was a good right hand.
                Hahaha, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
                  I googled UKC 20 and it appears this event took place in The Philippines.

Epic Turtle: very nicely done!
                  Thank you for your kind words and support

Comment

Originally posted by QuickKO View Post
                    What was the purpose of the trainer pushing on the stomach in between rounds?
                    Oh hi, good question. My trainer actually pushes my solar plexus area as I breath out in order to help my breathing be more coordinated. As the fight progressed (due to being low on stamina/not enough cardio), this helps me a lot. I could suggest you do this to at times you feel tired.

It helps you in a way 'breath out' the fatigue and makes you more calm down and be able to breathe easier

Comment

Originally posted by EpicTurtle View Post
                      Oh hi, good question. My trainer actually pushes my solar plexus area as I breath out in order to help my breathing be more coordinated. As the fight progressed (due to being low on stamina/not enough cardio), this helps me a lot. I could suggest you do this to at times you feel tired.

It helps you in a way 'breath out' the fatigue and makes you more calm down and be able to breathe easier
                      I thought it was for incoming body shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X