No announcement yet.

Why do Americans debate abortion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    What public schools today officially pray in their classrooms?

If you go into business you're not obligated to serve anyone if it violates your expression of religion, or do you only prefer that religion is separate from interfering in government and could care less about government interfering with religion, which by the way is the whole reason the separation of church and state was created.
    If you go into business, you're obligated to serve your customers. It took the US a while, but ending the whole "whites only" situation settled most of that.

It's clear that you view that as some kind of mistake, but that's another conversation.

The good book explicitly says "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and give onto God what is God's". If you want to sell cakes, you sell can to everyone; basics of commerce.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Share those arguments.
      1. My slave is my property so it's my choice to do with it as I please/my developing baby is my property and it's my right to decide to do with it as I please.

2. Fetuses/Slaves aren't really people so who cares what happens to them.

3. Slavery/Abortion isn't condemned in the bible so it isn't wrong.

4. No one is forcing you to have a slave/abortion, therefore, mind your own business.

5. My rights come before those of the slave/fetus, therefore, I can do as I please.

There's more but I don't really feel like posting them at the moment.

I'm not the most religious person but thank god those Christian put their lives on the line to help brave slaves end such a hideous practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        You don't know what TF you are talking about. You're idea of separation from church and state is laughable.
        And what's your idea of the separation of church/state? Please be consistent, too

Comment

• Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
          1. My slave is my property so it's my choice to do with it as I please/my developing baby is my property and it's my right to decide to do with it as I please.

2. Fetuses/Slaves aren't really people so who cares what happens to them.

3. Slavery/Abortion isn't condemned in the bible so it isn't wrong.

4. No one is forcing you to have a slave/abortion, therefore, mind your own business.

5. My rights come before those of the slave/fetus, therefore, I can do as I please.

There's more but I don't really feel like posting them at the moment.

I'm not the most religious person but thank god those Christian put their lives on the line to help brave slaves end such a hideous practice.
          The slave if left on it's own could take care of him/herself as we saw.

And the slave was held in captivity all it's life not just nine months.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            The slave if left on it's own could take care of him/herself as we saw.

And the slave was held in captivity all it's life not just nine months.
            1. There were plenty of slaves who couldn't care for themselves after the end of slavery. Would that mean we could just put them back in slavery?

I don't agree with that position.

2. So are you saying slavery is okay if there's a determined time period in which the enslaved would be slaves?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
              1. There were plenty of slaves who couldn't care for themselves after the end of slavery. Would that mean we could just put them back in slavery?

2. So are you saying slavery is okay if there's a determined time period in which the enslaved would be slaves?

There were plenty of slave who couldn't care for themselves, why couldn't they?

I am cool will slavery to pay off debts or damage or theft of property or to pay to the family members of someone who you killed.

Comment

• I don't consider it a basic human right nor do I consider a pregnancy the male equally contributed his genetic material to "part of her body". On paper abortion is totally wrong.

Yet I'm very pro-choice because in reality the lower your IQ is the more likely you are to have an abortion. It's the one tiny chance we have of offsetting the general dysgenic collapse of our species.

Otherwise the combination of the welfare state & birth control have resulted in the highest quality groups sterilizing themselves to focus on their careers while the lowest beasts breed like rabbits.

Comment

• all of these pictures of fetus' are making me hungry

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Why the fuk does it matter? An 8 week old embryo is not a baby and you're a spastic ****** if you think so.
                    A fking heart is beating you dumb a$$. A HEART. Meaning, when you abort, you're stopping the heart from beating.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      This is one of the most ridiculous debates that just seems to have no end.

Every female / couple should be able to decide for themselves what they wish to do if she gets knocked up.

Why does this basic human right get contested over and over again?

It's like some americans are 150 years behind the rest of the world.
                      Because there's way too many morons out there and we're not allowed to have them executed. If we just removed the closed minded and corrupt people, we'd make some real positive improvements.

Comment

Working...
                      X