Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather under investigation for alleged assault at Miami hotel before SB

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    No imbecile. I am saying if you had money you’d make ostentatious purchases like all new money people tend to do.

As usual you tried too hard to make this about Floyd defense so you are stubbornly digging in on dumb sh-t since I showed how you lied about what I posted.
    now you're lying. lol..

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    It's always funny to read poor, middle and working class dudes criticize what Floyd wears. Of course none of you would wear anything like this because none of you can afford it. If any one of you hit the lottery you'd be at the door waiting for the cowboy boots store to open so you could buy a pair of boots like Floyd.

NSB, where the fashion critics are low society beta males.

Comment

No imbecile. I am saying if you had money you’d make ostentatious purchases like all new money people tend to do.

As usual you tried too hard to make this about Floyd defense so you are stubbornly digging in on dumb sh-t since I showed how you lied about what I posted.
      what's with the name calling? does that make you feel better about yourself or something? be a leader bro. lead by example. words to live by. hope this helps you in any way.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        This is how this clown dressed for the Superbowl...LMAO!

[IMG]NINTCHDBPICT000559752860-e1580728838447[/IMG]
        roflllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

If it was anyone else you'd say "poor guy, brain damage got to him" but he was dressing like a shemale 10 years ago too

Comment

• People talking about how we are jealous of Floyds clothes reminds me of those fatties on Jerry Springer who come out all “you don’t know me, you’re just jealous, you’re just jealous” haha. It’s just like nope.

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
            what's with the name calling? does that make you feel better about yourself or something? be a leader bro. lead by example. words to live by. hope this helps you in any way.
            Hes projecting because thats what he would do. Such a silly thing to say to anyone though. “You would buy it too if you had money”. Most people don’t want to be noticed if they have money. The smart ones anyways. At least thats the way I was taught. No need to be flashy and attract unwanted attention. You can buy nice things without overdoing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
              Hes projecting because thats what he would do. Such a silly thing to say to anyone though. “You would buy it too if you had money”. Most people don’t want to be noticed if they have money. The smart ones anyways. At least thats the way I was taught. No need to be flashy and attract unwanted attention. You can buy nice things without overdoing it.
              I know he can't read but I always assumed you could. Where did I post "You would buy it too if you had money”?

AT no point did I post or imply if anyone had the money they would buy that outfit.

Comment

Your premise that he would go broke or have force his children to work isn’t rooted in any factual data. It is rooted in the worst historical stereotypes about black athletes and money.

I chose my words carefully in that response because I read it more than once.

Think about it- you wrote about a man losing generational wealth because he has on an ostentatious outfit and because he spends his money on other ostentatious things.

Yet, what you didn’t do before typing that was even check to see if that spending was in line with what a financial expert would allow him to spend.

Poor taste or a bad fashion sense is in no way indicative of a man losing generational wealth or a sign that his kids will be left with nothing.

No, you didn’t say anything specific about Floyd’s race but the whole premise of your post seems rooted in idea that black men don’t know how to manage money and some Other stereotypes.

That is why I said the post was disheartening and disappointing. I was very surprised by the content coming from a poster I respect and think highly of.

I’m sorry but I feel strongly about your response.
                I accept that you feel strongly about your response, and appreciate your willingness to describe to me why you thought the post racist.

There are two things to mention here: the first one simply is, I do not think there is anything particularly "Black" about those elements that you see as a stereotype. There are so many many people who appear to manage their resources poorly and suffer tremendously for it.

My point of view on this point is that hopefully someone can be honest with any individual in said position. Hopefully all athletes, entertainers, etc have someone there who can give them a good kick in the rear... You may disagree with me on this next point but...it does not matter how much money you have, you can lose it...History shows us that. The system is designed to take that money away.

If you read the history of Hollywood, it is a history where many many entertainers of all stripes have lost tremendous wealth very fast... I tell you this because it is hardly only Black athletes who have to watch it. It does happen to a lot of athletes though, many of whom are Black, but that is not the point of my cautionary.

The other point: When I looked back on the post, the timing was off because you had been in a back and fourth, so I will take responsability for this next one lol. Maybe under different circumstances, we could both look at that get up f\Floyd Wore and laugh I mean everyone has to be humored at times.

Anyway water under the bridge

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  So you admit to following me and you're intrigued by my stories. Nice. Here is a man who works long hours at a prison among predators and gang members, yet has the time to follow me around and read my posts. I'm flattered, but again, I notice you don't hold certain other posters to the same standard. I have a pretty good idea as to why.
                  Nope. The lounge is overrun by those threads. They’re really hard to miss. You lead the way though, for sure. Bunch of weirdos in there.

Btw i’m no longer a CO, though I still work for the prison, now in the IT department.

Just to keep you updated since you’re interested in what I do for a living.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    I accept that you feel strongly about your response, and appreciate your willingness to describe to me why you thought the post racist.

There are two things to mention here: the first one simply is, I do not think there is anything particularly "Black" about those elements that you see as a stereotype. There are so many many people who appear to manage their resources poorly and suffer tremendously for it.

My point of view on this point is that hopefully someone can be honest with any individual in said position. Hopefully all athletes, entertainers, etc have someone there who can give them a good kick in the rear... You may disagree with me on this next point but...it does not matter how much money you have, you can lose it...History shows us that. The system is designed to take that money away.

If you read the history of Hollywood, it is a history where many many entertainers of all stripes have lost tremendous wealth very fast... I tell you this because it is hardly only Black athletes who have to watch it. It does happen to a lot of athletes though, many of whom are Black, but that is not the point of my cautionary.

The other point: When I looked back on the post, the timing was off because you had been in a back and fourth, so I will take responsability for this next one lol. Maybe under different circumstances, we could both look at that get up f\Floyd Wore and laugh I mean everyone has to be humored at times.

Anyway water under the bridge
                    Absolutely water under the bridge. I guess I was caught up in other discussions and that contributed to my reaction. I should've separated my interpretation from you as an individual. My bad on that. I will do better next time.

Comment

• floyd has absolutely horrible style. everyone was probably laughing at him and he got angry.

Comment

Working...
                      X