Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I used to be a fan of Spence, but I can't support someone who drinks and drives.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to be a fan of Spence, but I can't support someone who drinks and drives.

I can forgive many things, but drinking and driving is not one of them. Extremely selfish behavior.

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
    I can forgive many things, but drinking and driving is not one of them. Extremely selfish behavior.

There is almost nothing in a boxer's life that would make me not support them. DWI is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
      No need to be so harsh. The kid made a mistake. He didn’t hurt anyone else. I can think of a lot worse things.

Comment

He's still my favorite fighter

Comment

Personally, I don't see how people are fans of entertainers, celebs, etc. I don't know him, or give a **** about him personally. I like him as "The Truth" not as Errol Spence Jr. I only boxers I could say I care about as people are long retired. Ali, Foreman, RJJ, Broner, etc.

Comment

I can understand the sentiment, but for me, forgiveness is not defined by the past action, but by the person's present (and future) actions. Nothing can go back in time and retroactively make the DWI right or justified; it's always going to have been bad. But if he can learn from it, grow and change, and use the negative to effect some positive in the world, they yeah - that's where I locate forgiveness.

Comment

Spoiler alert; every boxer you like does something you would disapprove of.
              It's better to appreciate fighters for fighting than trying to monitor the morals of a celebrity. Otherwise, you'll get let down every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Spoiler alert; every boxer you like does something you would disapprove of.
                It's better to appreciate fighters for fighting than trying to monitor the morals of a celebrity. Otherwise, you'll get let down every time.
                That idiot could have easily killed someone. LOOK AT THE VIDEO OF THAT CRASH!

Metal flying everywhere.

Comment

As a recovering alcoholic, I just hope that this is what was needed to make him put the plug in the jug

but based on his attitude since the wreck, it doesn't seem the case.

What really bothers me are the videos of him IN THE CLUB. He was so ****ing far gone, he looked like he didn't even know where he was. His friends were all around him then. Where the **** were they when it was time to go home?

Comment

You just heard about this today, OP?

Comment

Working...
                    X