Clear All

no love for bill cosby??

Comment

Richard Pryor
      Eddie murphy
      Andrew Dice Clay
      Greg Giraldo
      Rodney Dangerfield

For me either of those dude and in no particular order.

Comment

Seinfeld is easily in the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I don't think I've ever laughed at Lenny Bruce. Most of the stuff I've heard from him didn't age well or it's from that weird period when he was just reading court transcripts on stage.

Rodney was a bad mfer doe. If I was compiling a bigger list or just a list of comedians I enjoyed no matter their ranking Rodney would be on those lists.
          They made a movie about him with Dustin Hoffman. Maybe check that out sometime. He was one of those push the envelope guys in the 60s. Speaking of Bill Hicks, I almost forgot about Mitch Hedberg. His stuff was trippy too, but silly like when he mentioned the military command of "at ease" and said he it at ease because he is NOT in the military.

Two other Hedberg favorites of mine are "I haven't slept in 10 days because that would be way too long" and "I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it."

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
            Bill Hicks and Norm Macdonald would be in my top 5, for sure, hard to choose for the rest between Stewart Lee, Louis CK, Bill Burr, Chappelle, Patrice, Doug Stanhope... but yeah, definitely Norm and Hicks

I tell the moth joke often. Most people don't laugh. It's one of the funniest jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              I tell the moth joke often. Most people don't laugh. It's one of the funniest jokes.
              That takes some doing! I love how Norm has always mixed it up, telling stupid clean jokes like this, and then being incredibly offensive other times. You never know what's coming... which is what kind of turns me off about Seinfeld, he's too middle-of-the-road, too safe, at least that's the sense I get... if you watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, it seems like Larry would've always been the one to push the more extreme storylines, which is where the really funny stuff happens

To be fair, though, Curb does get a bit cartoony sometimes. And Seinfeld's 'Getting Coffee with Comedians' thing is really good

Comment

I like Kevin Heart but he is not top 5 comedian.

It is like he ripped Gary Coleman persona and makes jokes from that character. Not too original

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  They made a movie about him with Dustin Hoffman. Maybe check that out sometime. He was one of those push the envelope guys in the 60s. Speaking of Bill Hicks, I almost forgot about Mitch Hedberg. His stuff was trippy too, but silly like when he mentioned the military command of "at ease" and said he it at ease because he is NOT in the military.

Two other Hedberg favorites of mine are "I haven't slept in 10 days because that would be way too long" and "I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it."
                  I was a big Hicks fan. Not so much on Hedberg, although he was a clever mfer. I'm not much of a fan of Steven Wright either who's very Hedberg-like although less funny in my estimation.

Seen that Hoffman movie forever ago. Just not a fan of Bruce.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                    no love for bill cosby??
                    He was pretty on point & besides Seinfeld is the quintessential high level clean comedian to me, but alas clean comedians are never among my favorites. Talent wise you gotta respect what they can/could do though.

Jim Gaffigan is probably the best clean guy around today. His Hot Pockets bit is still among my favorite all time bits. He'd be a guy high up on my favorites list, but not as high as guys who just have everything on the table to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      He was pretty on point & besides Seinfeld is the quintessential high level clean comedian to me, but alas clean comedians are never among my favorites. Talent wise you gotta respect what they can/could do though.

Jim Gaffigan is probably the best clean guy around today. His Hot Pockets bit is still among my favorite all time bits. He'd be a guy high up on my favorites list, but not as high as guys who just have everything on the table to talk about.
                      Haha I was kind of joking when I said Bill Cosby. People forget how big he was though

I can't get on board with clean comedians too much, like you say, they limit themselves. Like, Adam Sandler's last special, it was quite good, but nothing particularly memorable, he's a good example of a guy who has made good career choices money-wise, but who is perhaps seen as a bit of a sell-out

Ricky Gervais is quite good, since he will broach any topic

Comment

Working...
                      X