No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boxing Attempts To Grow Its Reach By Entering New Markets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
    Cory Nerdman with his primary school knowledge...

“New Markets” is not reviving an ATL venue, or Chavez Jr. in a backup state. Or Andrade at hometown or the MSG ffs!!!!! Lol. Matchmaking and venue locations are by design. Just like why Uysk and Loma benefit from Chicago and NYC venues, yes, demographics or ethnic persuasion.

No! The only player in the game pushing “new markets” is Eddie Hearn OR DAZN. That’s what the article should be really about. Attracting a YouTube market to boxing at DAZN or getting the Saudi’s on a Brit vs a Mexican is legendary.
    Spot on. Too many other posters are giving way too much praise to Al Haymon when it's been Eddie Hearn that's pushed the agenda and opened boxing up to new markets. I don't know why Al Haymon is praised like a God by some

Comment

I don't get the references Erdman makes sometimes. What the hell are JUUL pods, am I supposed to be aware of them?

Also what exactly is wrong with the tennis-ball-on-a-cable shadowboxing contraptions? Kostya Tszyu used them to good effect years ago and Lomachenko includes them in his training now.

Comment

Originally posted by Input1914 View Post
        Spot on. Too many other posters are giving way too much praise to Al Haymon when it's been Eddie Hearn that's pushed the agenda and opened boxing up to new markets. I don't know why Al Haymon is praised like a God by some
        The same reason why Eddie Hearn is praised by white nationalists, alt right, and British ultranationalists....he’s one of yours. Al haymon and Bob Arum are AMERICANS doing business in AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I don't get the references Erdman makes sometimes. What the hell are JUUL pods, am I supposed to be aware of them?

Also what exactly is wrong with the tennis-ball-on-a-cable shadowboxing contraptions? Kostya Tszyu used them to good effect years ago and Lomachenko includes them in his training now.

Katie Taylor uses them all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            The same reason why Eddie Hearn is praised by white nationalists, alt right, and British ultranationalists....he’s one of yours. Al haymon and Bob Arum are AMERICANS doing business in AMERICA
            Oh snap

Haymon has tried to open up more markets, and has taken care of the ones that have supported the sport form day one. This is why a lot of cards are held in Brooklyn, LA, and Vegas.

Errol Spence vs Mikey Garcia was in Texas, along with a few Charlo fights.

Julian Williams vs Jarrett Hurd was in Virginia.

Erislandy Lara vs Ramon Alvarez was in Minneapolis.

Erickson Lubin vs Nathaniel Gallimore was in Pennsylvania.

Jermell Charlo vs Tony Harrison was originally supposed to be in Detroit before Harrison pulled out the first time.

Gervonta Davis vs Yuriorkis Gamboa was in Atlanta.

Julian Williams vs Jeison Rosario will be in Philadelphia.

They have also had cards in
            United Kingdom
            Minneapolis
            Maryland
            Mississippi

They will have a card in Tennessee next year too.

It would be cool to see them do a card in Mexico, or bring one to Canada.

Comment

Who cares about boxing when there is this much "action" going on here about ...what really?!?

The more the merrier... whether its by Al Haymon or Eddie Hearn.

Just give me quality fights and you will have me as a paying fan.

Every thing does not have to be about race, color or creed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                Oh snap

Haymon has tried to open up more markets, and has taken care of the ones that have supported the sport form day one. This is why a lot of cards are held in Brooklyn, LA, and Vegas.

Errol Spence vs Mikey Garcia was in Texas, along with a few Charlo fights.

Julian Williams vs Jarrett Hurd was in Virginia.

Erislandy Lara vs Ramon Alvarez was in Minneapolis.

Erickson Lubin vs Nathaniel Gallimore was in Pennsylvania.

Jermell Charlo vs Tony Harrison was originally supposed to be in Detroit before Harrison pulled out the first time.

Gervonta Davis vs Yuriorkis Gamboa was in Atlanta.

Julian Williams vs Jeison Rosario will be in Philadelphia.

They have also had cards in
                United Kingdom
                Minneapolis
                Maryland
                Mississippi

They will have a card in Tennessee next year too.

It would be cool to see them do a card in Mexico, or bring one to Canada.
                Floyd did one in Boise Idaho...

Comment

I hope they do more.

Boxing is a sport that's made for travel.

Think "Thrilla In Manilla" & "Rumble In the Jungle"

More fights in Miami & New Orleans & hell, why not Hawaii?

Why not more outside fights where the beauty of cities can be seen.
                  Last edited by The D3vil; 12-30-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Cherry picking fighting has beens and being a weight bully will not grow the sport understand Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by Input1914 View Post
                      Haymon provides mismatches which is bad for the sport

Comment

Working...
                      X