• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
    The DAZN thing is made up.
    ... all things are "made up"...

Comment

Obviously, DAZN's boxing content would be the first casualty because of boxing's declining popularity not just here in the states but globally, it's a new venture, new technology (online video media streaming) and not as established as the other linear platforms.

ESPN which has a much smaller stable than the other platforms and lacks fewer crossover and mainstream fighters among casual fans would be the second one.

The winner will be the PBC's Fox/Showtime/ITV platform. It has an overall better quality of fighters and matches, a much larger stable and with multiple platforms.

Comment

Dazn thing is not made up.

Some of us on here are businessmen and own large agencies. And are in the know because of other businesses we own.

I can tell you that the US NFL Sunday Ticket contract is a done deal to Amazon in 2022.

I can also tell you Dazn needed AEW Wrestling and swing and missed badly as they went to TNT.

The investors are furious. A lot of talk at Dazn with zero action.

Dazn is now trying to secure a new US wrestling company that is adult oriented like the ECW from the 90s to add more subs. If they get Extreme Chaos they have a shot, but word is They are going to Showtime or Epix as they cuss a lot and have to have an adult platform.

Not lies guys just industry and business knowledge.

Comment

Eventually ESPN will offer all of its content on streaming. People are canceling cable services more and more every year. The only reason I keep Directv is for the NFL Sunday ticket and NBA League pass. Once those go digital I’m done with cable.
          DAZN has a chance to expand quickly into other sports and grow their business.
          PBC is in the worst spot. Their cards on Showtime and Fox aren’t pulling in impressive numbers and their PPV fights aren’t worth the price.

Comment

Far too many moving parts. If Endeavor buys the PBC, what if they want to take it to ESPN+ after the FOX and SHO deals complete? Then what happens? Is the TR deal for 7 years guaranteed with ESPN or can ESPN get out of it anytime they want? Endeavor could leverage the UFC deal they have to get one for the PBC and it can get TR in a tough position.

Will DAZN continue spending as much money in boxing once they start getting deals with major sports leagues?

End of the day, I don't think there will be any "winner" per se but just more par for the course.

Comment

I want them all to succeed.

The way I see it, more boxing for fans.
              I just wish they can find a way to work together so we can get the best possible fights.

Comment

Ultimately the correct answer is probably none of the above.

Everything is going to be streaming in the future & it'll be more customizable then it is now. And so far no one has really taken a lead with that & big players are still lining up to get in the game. Plus boxing is merely an appetizer in that market so whoever is innovative in streaming while winning rights to the bigger sports is likely the player who'll pick up boxing to at some point.

Or in otherwords no one is winning anytime soon. Granted there might be losers in the next few years to the next decade, but I don't think we are deep enough into the game that a winner is coming inside of a decade. We are still in the first inning of this game.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                  Eventually ESPN will offer all of its content on streaming. People are canceling cable services more and more every year. The only reason I keep Directv is for the NFL Sunday ticket and NBA League pass. Once those go digital I’m done with cable.
                  DAZN has a chance to expand quickly into other sports and grow their business.
                  Streaming is for sure where things are going.

PBC is in the worst spot. Their cards on Showtime and Fox aren’t pulling in impressive numbers and their PPV fights aren’t worth the price.
                  Showtime & Fox are in a strange spot. They kinda gotta stick with broadcast TV since they are likely still drawing a good % of their revenue from there while trying to introduce people to streaming. They kinda got one foot in the future & one foot in the past.

PBC is fine. If Showtime & Fox both get outta the boxing business there isn't a doubt in my mind that ESPN, DAZN or some entirely new player to live sports (Amazon, that Disney company, Netflix or someone I'm even less up on cuz I hadn't heard of DAZN either til they popped up outta the blue with Eddie) will offer them some huge deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post

Each platform has their challenges. Haymon clearly has a problem with his investors and with Showtime. ESPN have so far seen awful returns from their investment in Top Rank so it remains to be seen whether things can improve going forward.
                    According to who? The same people that proclaimed PBC was dead? Has anyone ever accurately predicted what was going on inside PBC?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Ultimately the correct answer is probably none of the above.

Everything is going to be streaming in the future & it'll be more customizable then it is now. And so far no one has really taken a lead with that & big players are still lining up to get in the game. Plus boxing is merely an appetizer in that market so whoever is innovative in streaming while winning rights to the bigger sports is likely the player who'll pick up boxing to at some point.

Or in other words no one is winning anytime soon. Granted there might be losers in the next few years to the next decade, but I don't think we are deep enough into the game that a winner is coming inside of a decade. We are still in the first inning of this game.
                      ... the ongoing mutations within broadcasting techs and market triggered more investments than ever in pro boxing...

... the above question "Who wins?" would be relevant only in the extend it actually addresses boxing fans interest to get the actual best fights beyond whatever promoters/broadcasting platforms "feudalization"...

Comment

Working...
                      X