Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2019, 01:46 AM #21
vwelsh vwelsh is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 274
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
vwelsh is just really nicevwelsh is just really nicevwelsh is just really nicevwelsh is just really nice
Points: 6,406.72
Bank: 1,115.97
Total Points: 7,522.69
Default

Just watched GGG Canelo II. What a great fight. Got to give GGG props. Got to give Canelo props. I still agree that Canelo won. Very close fight but I think the score cards were spot on. GGG came on late. The commentating was terrible. I still believe GGG could get stopped on the 3rd fight. Round 8 he was abused. He had a great round 11. I feel like the rounds Canelo won were a bit more convincing than the ones GGG won some were a bit more arguable. At no point did I feel Canelo was in real trouble. Which given GGG is the naturally bigger guy, and known as the power puncher, KO artist. Good fight great one to rewatch.
vwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-18-2019, 02:01 AM #22
Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: PA
Age: 32
Posts: 3,502
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Rep Power: 22
Fists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFists_of_Fury has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,229.90
Bank: 1,190.73
Total Points: 17,420.63
have some grub - mathed Lol cheers bud...see it's still possible for a Floyd &amp; Manny fan to get along - Mike D appreciate that :beerchug: - -jose- 
Default

P4P lists use to have resume attached to it. We're in such a weak era without many great fighters and matches atm. Nowadays there's so many overrated hype jobs that morons say da eye test is better doe. Crawford be beatin' dem bums better den errybody nahmean. Eye test don't lie cuz. Crawford wuz undisputed in the weakest 140lb division eva n das y he is da p4p kang nahmean playboi.

Canelo should be listed above Crawford and Spence. He actually faced good opposition. Too many hype jobs look good fighting faded former champs, b class or lower trinket holders, and bums... then look like **** when they fight elite opponents.
Fists_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:46 AM #23
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 557
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to all
Points: 17,501.53
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 18,734.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Goat View Post
Huh? I beg your pardon. You might want to rethink that one.

Russell Jr. was widely considered the best featherweight.....

Walters was the #1 Super Featherweight

Rigo was the #1 Super Bantamweight

&

Linares was the #1 Super lightweight at the time Loma beat them.

Brook was never even been the #1 WW
I like how people like to forget this and go on "resume".

GGG is canelos "best win" and it took a corrupt score card, a PED scandal, and a RAZOR THIN margin that could have gone either way (I think GGG won 7-5 or a draw) to get him a W.

Despite the fact they think GGG is a trash fighter who picks on tomato cans. And that is Canelos best win; GGG at 37.

And here Lomachenko outclasses every single fighter hes been in the ring with hes not better p4p? That's crazy considering that he is easily the #1 at 126-135.

And then they get stupid and say **** like, Canelo isnt a true MW, despite the fact he clearly is and can fight as high as 175 (according to them), a weight a real boxing fan knows GGG cant fight at.

Personally I rank Lomachenko higher than Crawford because Crawford is not #1 at 147 and he hasn't fought any competition at 147. Maybe at 140 he was p4p #1 but with new weight classes come new challenges he hasnt overcome. Lomachenko is easily #1 at 135. Same applies to Canelo. Highly disputed if he is #1 at 160 and if he is BARELY #1. Lomachenko right now is head and shoulders above everyone in his weight range.

I'd challenge all them Canelo fans to argue for the same thing Lomachenko may attempt. If Canelo truly isnt a MW and is a true JMW then move back to 154 and become undisputed. I highly doubt Canelo moves to 168 full time just like Lomachenko cannot move to 140 full time. Maybe cherry pick regular title but those guys are too big.

If Lomachenko becomes undisputed at 135 and returns to become undisputed at 130 how is he not an ATG or at least CLEAR p4p #1? The window is open because the 130 champs are "attempting" to unify and Lomachenko is closer than ever to unifying 135. Literally in 3-5 fights and he could be undisputed in two weight classes.

Well have to wait and see. All I know is tank gonna lose that title on the scales.
Socialtwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:05 AM #24
Frankie2Jabs Frankie2Jabs is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4,940
Quoted: 2744 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Frankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these parts
Points: 170,851.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 170,851.14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
I like how people like to forget this and go on "resume".

GGG is canelos "best win" and it took a corrupt score card, a PED scandal, and a RAZOR THIN margin that could have gone either way (I think GGG won 7-5 or a draw) to get him a W.

Despite the fact they think GGG is a trash fighter who picks on tomato cans. And that is Canelos best win; GGG at 37.

And here Lomachenko outclasses every single fighter hes been in the ring with hes not better p4p? That's crazy considering that he is easily the #1 at 126-135.

And then they get stupid and say **** like, Canelo isnt a true MW, despite the fact he clearly is and can fight as high as 175 (according to them), a weight a real boxing fan knows GGG cant fight at.

Personally I rank Lomachenko higher than Crawford because Crawford is not #1 at 147 and he hasn't fought any competition at 147. Maybe at 140 he was p4p #1 but with new weight classes come new challenges he hasnt overcome. Lomachenko is easily #1 at 135. Same applies to Canelo. Highly disputed if he is #1 at 160 and if he is BARELY #1. Lomachenko right now is head and shoulders above everyone in his weight range.

I'd challenge all them Canelo fans to argue for the same thing Lomachenko may attempt. If Canelo truly isnt a MW and is a true JMW then move back to 154 and become undisputed. I highly doubt Canelo moves to 168 full time just like Lomachenko cannot move to 140 full time. Maybe cherry pick regular title but those guys are too big.

If Lomachenko becomes undisputed at 135 and returns to become undisputed at 130 how is he not an ATG or at least CLEAR p4p #1? The window is open because the 130 champs are "attempting" to unify and Lomachenko is closer than ever to unifying 135. Literally in 3-5 fights and he could be undisputed in two weight classes.

Well have to wait and see. All I know is tank gonna lose that title on the scales.
Again, Canelo is the most improved fighter, style wise, grit, and is in his prime. The problem with you guys is you consider prize fighting neutral as Olympic scoring. The truth of the matter is that boxing fans love Canelo’s style and that includes the judges. Judges take into account Ring IQ and style. If Canelo had not improved in the GGG rematch or fought exactly the same or fought the way he did years past, then boxing fans and judges would stay a float like every other elite fighter. There’s no fighter in the game who walked GGG down and played his game. Many naive boxing fans don’t even realize that judges read industry news and know many in the business. Judges weren’t stupid about “Mexican style” as if they hadn’t seen Mexican ATG’s before. This is prize fighting!

Canelo showed more grit than any other fighter at the moment. GGG had his chance years ago to prove that with Ward or anybody else at 168.

Conservative fighters whom are scared to get hit would probably love to fancy and study GGG’s style in the gym, others will wonder how to learn the grit of Canelo. Canelo is a complete fighter. Eye test says it all.
Frankie2Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:15 AM #25
Boxing Goat Boxing Goat is online now
The GOAT
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 9,432
Quoted: 2964 Post(s)
Rep Power: 28
Boxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,968.78
Bank: 40,635.61
Total Points: 46,604.39
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2013 vitali and bro are supreme - BTL Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 Great poster - Scott.Weiland. Cheers bro - Weltschmerz 
truly truly ATG - sugarsmosley truth hurts don't it? - Risen Thank you buddy - Weltschmerz Imagine that it's Wlad's c0ck when you stick it up your arse. - denium stick this in your hole and STFU - WTF Huck! 
Cheers mate! - Vlad_ No problem mate and thank you for the gift. - -Freddy- First Rate Poster - ironmt Something for you to suck on besides Pac's a$$. - travestyny Keep on sucking that Pac dlck bltch.  You can't win. Just like Pac. - travestyny 
Stop crying, cum bucket. - travestyny Cheers! - kafkod Have one back you fat spastic - Pat bateman 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
I like how people like to forget this and go on "resume".

GGG is canelos "best win" and it took a corrupt score card, a PED scandal, and a RAZOR THIN margin that could have gone either way (I think GGG won 7-5 or a draw) to get him a W.

Despite the fact they think GGG is a trash fighter who picks on tomato cans. And that is Canelos best win; GGG at 37.

And here Lomachenko outclasses every single fighter hes been in the ring with hes not better p4p? That's crazy considering that he is easily the #1 at 126-135.

And then they get stupid and say **** like, Canelo isnt a true MW, despite the fact he clearly is and can fight as high as 175 (according to them), a weight a real boxing fan knows GGG cant fight at.

Personally I rank Lomachenko higher than Crawford because Crawford is not #1 at 147 and he hasn't fought any competition at 147. Maybe at 140 he was p4p #1 but with new weight classes come new challenges he hasnt overcome. Lomachenko is easily #1 at 135. Same applies to Canelo. Highly disputed if he is #1 at 160 and if he is BARELY #1. Lomachenko right now is head and shoulders above everyone in his weight range.

I'd challenge all them Canelo fans to argue for the same thing Lomachenko may attempt. If Canelo truly isnt a MW and is a true JMW then move back to 154 and become undisputed. I highly doubt Canelo moves to 168 full time just like Lomachenko cannot move to 140 full time. Maybe cherry pick regular title but those guys are too big.

If Lomachenko becomes undisputed at 135 and returns to become undisputed at 130 how is he not an ATG or at least CLEAR p4p #1? The window is open because the 130 champs are "attempting" to unify and Lomachenko is closer than ever to unifying 135. Literally in 3-5 fights and he could be undisputed in two weight classes.

Well have to wait and see. All I know is tank gonna lose that title on the scales.
Good post

I won't deny that Canelo is building a strong resume' but let's get real....

He was basically shut out by Floyd, probably drew with Lara and was 100% beaten by GGG in the first fight and drew with him at best in the 2nd fight.

Since Loma was beaten (in his 2nd fight) by Solido, he hasn't even been close to losing. And people forget that Canelo was 40 fights into his career when he fought a guy on Solido's level.
Boxing Goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:19 AM #26
boxinggod101 boxinggod101 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: mtl
Posts: 5,762
Quoted: 1840 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19
boxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond reputeboxinggod101 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 35,263.70
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 36,509.09
:) - Beercules 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckAdonis View Post
I have Canelo above both of them as well. In fact I have Canelo at #1 because he has proven it with his resume that he is one of the best. Other great fighters haven't really done that. And still somehow I get labelled a Canelo hater lol
Same here. I don't like Canelo. I had him losing the first GGG fight but he still has that win on his record. No way you can base p4p list on eye test. Especially not the number 1 spot.

Canelo is number 1
boxinggod101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:23 PM #27
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 557
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to all
Points: 17,501.53
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 18,734.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
Again, Canelo is the most improved fighter, style wise, grit, and is in his prime. The problem with you guys is you consider prize fighting neutral as Olympic scoring. The truth of the matter is that boxing fans love Canelo’s style and that includes the judges. Judges take into account Ring IQ and style. If Canelo had not improved in the GGG rematch or fought exactly the same or fought the way he did years past, then boxing fans and judges would stay a float like every other elite fighter. There’s no fighter in the game who walked GGG down and played his game. Many naive boxing fans don’t even realize that judges read industry news and know many in the business. Judges weren’t stupid about “Mexican style” as if they hadn’t seen Mexican ATG’s before. This is prize fighting!

Canelo showed more grit than any other fighter at the moment. GGG had his chance years ago to prove that with Ward or anybody else at 168.

Conservative fighters whom are scared to get hit would probably love to fancy and study GGG’s style in the gym, others will wonder how to learn the grit of Canelo. Canelo is a complete fighter. Eye test says it all.
Canelo improved because GGG got into his head and even he knew he lost that first fight against GGG like any honest boxing fan would admit.

I'd bet you've never seen the interviews where the Mexican media puts him on blast eh?

That's not improving. That's just coming in with a different game plan and even then he needed a RAZOR THIN decision to win that. Not even dominant. It wasnt even decisive.

When a boxer has a granite chin he can walk boxers down if he wants. The problem with you analysis is you think GGG is just some brute with no boxing IQ despite being very good himself. Any real boxing guy with any IQ knows GGG is more than that. Even he realized hes more than that. Like why do you think he dropped Abel? Able wanted him to just "Mexican style" when GGG wanted to box.

That's called bias. You scored the fight for Canelo because you wanted him to win. You even admit the judges are the exact same way.

So how do you win against Canelo when you admit the judges already have his favor?

Maybe you should think about what you're saying before you say it. You're not even a boxing fan. Just a fan of Canelo.
Socialtwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:28 PM #28
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 557
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to all
Points: 17,501.53
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 18,734.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Goat View Post
Good post

I won't deny that Canelo is building a strong resume' but let's get real....

He was basically shut out by Floyd, probably drew with Lara and was 100% beaten by GGG in the first fight and drew with him at best in the 2nd fight.

Since Loma was beaten (in his 2nd fight) by Solido, he hasn't even been close to losing. And people forget that Canelo was 40 fights into his career when he fought a guy on Solido's level.
I don't hate Canelo but unlike the hype for other people Canelo is overrated. While his resume is great that's all it is.

Hes potentially the top guy but there has been way too much controversy and close decisions to call him the clear cut top guy despite not losing.

That's way different than someone like Crawford, Loma, or even GGG.

Those dudes are head and shoulders above their competition. Crawford still is questionable at 147 but he was undisputed and the CLEAR #1 when he was at lower weights.

Same cant be said about Canelo
Socialtwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:31 PM #29
QueensburyRules QueensburyRules is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2,165
Quoted: 1005 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 34,179.86
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 35,400.65
Default

- -Canelo been #1 in boxrec ratings for near a year.

Loma #1 in Ring ratings.

Whose moaning?

A bunch a sissies again?
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:59 PM #30
Frankie2Jabs Frankie2Jabs is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4,940
Quoted: 2744 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Frankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these parts
Points: 170,851.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 170,851.14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Canelo improved because GGG got into his head and even he knew he lost that first fight against GGG like any honest boxing fan would admit.

I'd bet you've never seen the interviews where the Mexican media puts him on blast eh?

That's not improving. That's just coming in with a different game plan and even then he needed a RAZOR THIN decision to win that. Not even dominant. It wasnt even decisive.

When a boxer has a granite chin he can walk boxers down if he wants. The problem with you analysis is you think GGG is just some brute with no boxing IQ despite being very good himself. Any real boxing guy with any IQ knows GGG is more than that. Even he realized hes more than that. Like why do you think he dropped Abel? Able wanted him to just "Mexican style" when GGG wanted to box.

That's called bias. You scored the fight for Canelo because you wanted him to win. You even admit the judges are the exact same way.

So how do you win against Canelo when you admit the judges already have his favor?

Maybe you should think about what you're saying before you say it. You're not even a boxing fan. Just a fan of Canelo.
Nah you don’t what you’re talking about. Canelo sparring Ishida and Zurdo Ramirez shows his pedigree. Those videos are on YouTube and are about 9 years old. Casual fans like yourself really don’t know shet about boxing. You and I can flex boxing theory, Ring IQ, and rounds from Canelo’s past including age. Cause I like the sweet science. You can talk about judges scoring without context. You’re a GGG fanboy. Canelo playing with GGG on the ropes in a prize fight and dodging a multitude of combinations is true combat. Lol.
Frankie2Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
ahead, canelo, crawford, puts, rankings, spence, sports

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 PM.