Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2019, 04:29 PM #31
I'm Widdit! I'm Widdit! is offline
Runways Only
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6,570
Quoted: 3627 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
I'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these parts
Points: 204,907.20
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 204,907.20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simurgh View Post
“365” is for PEDs, has nothing to do with weights, unless one uses something illegal to loose the weight? Am I missing something? I thought your argument was about fighters thast are draining are breaking some rules or the rules are not fair?

Also, was it VADA that caught Canelo?
Again, comprehension is key.

Why would VADA “catch” Canelo for Clenbuterol when it’s own CEO waived Francisco Vargas for Meat Contamination whom had double of Canelo’s amount and closer to his fight? These aren’t rhetorical questions. These questions are meant to challenge fans’ critical thinking that advanced drug testing in boxing isn’t consistent. Everyone says Canelo is protected. If that were the case, then VADa would’ve waived Canelo as they did Vargas.

Comprehension is key.

Therefore, anyone who does 365 after the fact, assuming Canelo was “always juicing,” then his performance IQ wouldn’t increase let alone his work rate. Canelo GGG 2 totally smashed any theory that he would perform worse because he had stopped juicing.
I'm Widdit! is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-23-2019, 04:36 PM #32
Simurgh Simurgh is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,878
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18
Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,435.23
Bank: 1,302.57
Total Points: 17,737.80
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
Again, comprehension is key.

Why would VADA “catch” Canelo for Clenbuterol when it’s own CEO waived Francisco Vargas for Meat Contamination whom had double of Canelo’s amount and closer to his fight? These aren’t rhetorical questions. These questions are meant to challenge fans’ critical thinking that advanced drug testing in boxing isn’t consistent. Everyone says Canelo is protected. If that were the case, then VADa would’ve waived Canelo as they did Vargas.

Comprehension is key.

Therefore, anyone who does 365 after the fact, assuming Canelo was “always juicing,” then his performance IQ wouldn’t increase let alone his work rate. Canelo GGG 2 totally smashed any theory that he would perform worse because he had stopped juicing.
I think you went off topic and your initial arguments. Not sure that the stuff you wrote has anything to do with weighins (being 30 days, 1 day or fight night), Gennady draining himself and him being somehow unfair weight wise.

Off topic - I don’t care if Canelo was juicing or not. It cannot be proven, so I don’t take that against him. However, the question mark will always remain regarding the whole “cow meat” scandal. I am giving him benefit of a doubt, but am not convinced by contaminated meat story.
Simurgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:37 PM #33
Boxing1013 Boxing1013 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,623
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
Boxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 76,751.92
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 76,751.92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simurgh View Post
Sure, makes sense. Gennady is obviously thinking more about how to maximise profit till the end of his career.
People who didn’t value Gennady at his peak, won’t value him at this stage of his career. He will be making smart moves (bussiness moves) and think less about the belts or legacy. If there is “a smart fight” at LHW, he will take it.

I am not sure I can blame him after the Canelo/Byrd/Vegas experience.
Good post. Nice to see a logical post here on BS.
Boxing1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:43 PM #34
Boxing1013 Boxing1013 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,623
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
Boxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 76,751.92
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 76,751.92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees7448 View Post
It wasn't a lie. He tried to fight Chavez Jr and Froch at 168 but both pulled out of negotiations. He tried to fight Cotto after Cotto moved up from 154 to win a middleweight belt. When Canelo moved up from Canelo weight GGG fought him twice.


Canelo also has a belt at 168.


This conveniently ignores the fact that there was a signed contract for GGG to fight Saunders if the Canelo rematch fell through.


This conveniently ignores the fact that GGG didn't sign with a new network partner until recently. You cannot sign for a fight without a deal in place with a network to air it. Had he signed along with PBC for his fights to be aired on fox and showtime we'd have a Charlo fight this year. But he signed with DAZN which means the Charlo fight won't happen.

Secondly, the order means *****. GGG will be fighting the winner of Canelo vs. Jacobs this September regardless of whatever sanctioning bodies order and that sanctioning body won't say shiznit about it.



DAZN is pushing for him to fight the winner of Jacobs vs. Canelo this fall which would be for all the belts that GGG had lost. Why settle for one belt when you can fight better and more established opponents for 3 belts?



You mean the guy who got dropped in a loss to Jacobs who GGG dropped before beating him. The same guy who struggled against Jack Culcay. That guy. And GGG chose to fight Canelo instead. A better and more meaningful opponent. ***** off with that nonsense. GGG would have body bagged Sergei D.


I give Jacobs credit. He fought a hell of a fight and made it really close. But while haters thought GGG lost the fight but in the real world when the fight is close the guy who spends the entire time moving forward, lands more punches with more accuracy and scores the only knockdown is going to win. And you know what....if Jacobs learns from his loss to GGG and does more punching the mean mugging he might actually get his rematch.
Very nice post man, and I admire your dedication. But trying to reason with that guy or some others on here - I mean if that dude was reasonable at all he would never make the comments he made in the first place lol. It's hard to bite your tongue all the time though so I know where you're coming from.
Boxing1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:30 PM #35
yankees7448 yankees7448 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,419
Quoted: 1678 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
yankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,006.44
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 20,239.47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopetego View Post
GGG shouldn´t be saying stuff like this when he is fighting rod salka 2.0 next
Agreed. This upcoming fight is a glorified sparring session.
yankees7448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:29 PM #36
yankees7448 yankees7448 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,419
Quoted: 1678 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
yankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond reputeyankees7448 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,006.44
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 20,239.47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing1013 View Post
Very nice post man, and I admire your dedication. But trying to reason with that guy or some others on here - I mean if that dude was reasonable at all he would never make the comments he made in the first place lol. It's hard to bite your tongue all the time though so I know where you're coming from.
Somebody's gotta fight the good fight.
yankees7448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:50 PM #37
Boxing1013 Boxing1013 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,623
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
Boxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 76,751.92
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 76,751.92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees7448 View Post
Somebody's gotta fight the good fight.
Very true my friend
Boxing1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:33 AM #38
I'm Widdit! I'm Widdit! is offline
Runways Only
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6,570
Quoted: 3627 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
I'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these parts
Points: 204,907.20
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 204,907.20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simurgh View Post
I think you went off topic and your initial arguments. Not sure that the stuff you wrote has anything to do with weighins (being 30 days, 1 day or fight night), Gennady draining himself and him being somehow unfair weight wise.

Off topic - I don’t care if Canelo was juicing or not. It cannot be proven, so I don’t take that against him. However, the question mark will always remain regarding the whole “cow meat” scandal. I am giving him benefit of a doubt, but am not convinced by contaminated meat story.
Industry doesn’t care about these details because the dark side of boxing is everyone knows what was going on before advanced drug testing. You don’t think post fight urine testing by commissions was a wonder era? Testing before fights wasn’t common practice.

What happens to Jarrell Miller crossing over to boxing was a wake up all for what MMA fighters do Nd what boxers were doing before advanced drug testing came into play.

To debate with boxing fans that there was a demand for advanced drug testing seems oxymoronic when trying to prove a point that it wasn’t there in the first place because you’d be surprised how many people don’t comprehend benefits and usage or cheating.

To say Canelo was “juicing” in the traditional sense for how athletes “cheat” would mean that Canelo should’ve had adverse findings during camps and close to the fight. The fact that his testing had an adverse finding before camp and him traveling Europe and around means any possibility that whether it was meat contamination etc. then nobody cares, and industry understands it. The only reason it was hyped is because of fans amplifying what they don’t understand.

As Doug Fischer said, if Canelo wanted to cheat he would’ve used something more ideal and PEDS that’s benefit athletes closer to their events or competition. Unless of course someone can find pictures of Canelo overweight and he had to worry 100 days away to trim fat... even though he’s always in shape.

The fact that Canelo is 365 now, with numerous PED offenders in the game not 365 proves how badass Canelo is. As I said there’s no consistency in boxing. We don’t know what 10,000’s on boxers are doing before their fights. This is why industry doesn’t care. When you’ve a scenario like Jarrell Miller the comparisons aren’t realistic. I mean EPO and HGH seems surrealist today or it’s either a joke.

WAR DAZN
I'm Widdit! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:41 AM #39
pepzz pepzz is online now
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 899
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
pepzz has a reputation beyond reputepepzz has a reputation beyond reputepepzz has a reputation beyond reputepepzz has a reputation beyond reputepepzz has a reputation beyond reputepepzz has a reputation beyond reputepepzz has a reputation beyond reputepepzz has a reputation beyond reputepepzz has a reputation beyond reputepepzz has a reputation beyond reputepepzz has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,898.75
Bank: 1,302.57
Total Points: 12,201.32
Default

Yo canelita really did beat the shet out tripple beg english!!!!!!
pepzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
division!!, fight, game!, he’s, right, ruling

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.