Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 06-05-2016, 06:16 PM #11
Contender

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
GodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 1,030.38
Total Points: 7,084.43

(Rovi thank you too)
GodOfBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-06-2016, 10:14 AM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1497 Post(s)
Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,045.91
Total Points: 18,005.63
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas one of the greats - jas 
Keep'in them real - jaded nice post - lefthook2daliva Top Rated Consistant Poster - ironmt 

Young Mr. Bright is getting ready to retire from the force in a year or two, he's done very well for himself. He visits me every other year and many of my boys call to say hello. I do miss my gym but that work load would be impossible these days.
I retired in 1988 and gave all my equipment and the use of my gym name to Brian and he's carried on the fight for the New Haven kids for many years now! I was still young but all of my contacts began to retire or pass away and once your inner circle disappears finding a trusted group is close to impossible. Your safer in the ring than in a group that you don't trust business wise. I got out!
I still get video's to evaluate fighters and up until 6 years ago I donated some time to a local club trying to get above ground level down here in southwest Florida.
I had fun talking to Scully a few months back, he remembered the time at the Ohio State Fair Nationals all of Mac's boys got eliminated and Ray fought everyday and won the tourney with everyone wishing he'd loose!!! hahaha
Mac wanted me to pay for all the meals he had to buy for the week!
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

I miss the other trainers I used to compete against Tiger Ted Lowery, Johnny Duke, Duke Lawson, Pat up at Holyoke old man Russo in Bridgeport, of course Mac! We worked hard and had fun doing it!

Gotta run be back on by Weds. be good Johnny
Ray
Ray Corso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:48 PM #13
Interim Champion

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
HtotheZ has a reputation beyond reputeHtotheZ has a reputation beyond reputeHtotheZ has a reputation beyond reputeHtotheZ has a reputation beyond reputeHtotheZ has a reputation beyond reputeHtotheZ has a reputation beyond reputeHtotheZ has a reputation beyond reputeHtotheZ has a reputation beyond reputeHtotheZ has a reputation beyond reputeHtotheZ has a reputation beyond reputeHtotheZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 6,913.25

Dudes writing might have been a little bit all over the place in the first post but you can definitely understand what he said

Salute
HtotheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:31 AM #14
Contender

GodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of light

^ ^ Well, thanks Toronto! [I've fought in Montreal one time and also..at Whitehorse (you haven't heard of a chap name Ted James??)]
I'm trying to do a four or three bout comeback (147lbs. That's my "natural weight" since 1977) &..started working out again from 3-1-13. Scully saw me in the Gym once, before he moved to Florida for 18 mo.
I stop going into the San Juan Center because of something "else".
Their...is this little- "stupid"/ DIG I am faced with now for past five years.
I'll explain that a little bit and then wrap-this-up.
In April/2011 I got into a Public Bus here in New Britain, CT., was 10 at night. Was catching the last one going home. I have about a 2 1/2 mile distance-to-cover. WELL...the driver was "someone" I always was friendly towards. This night I was talking to her and......... I honestly believe the gal musta "had a bad day".
I could bite-it up a little bit better on what happens in these minutes but...suffice it to say here/now..I did "NOTHING" to cause myself any "Trouble".
I think.....the Bus Co. involved, it's a "self esteem" thing on their side. I am NOT the only one this has happened to. Though, "settlement", I'm really NOT INTERESTED in anyone else same "claim" /ONLY INTERESTED IN "MY CASE"!
It's "doppy" they would do this! But, the BUS CO. been "banning me" from riding the BUS now more than five years.
Their are three Co., it effects me at times and other times it hasn't.
The case situation is The Right to Exclude vs Public Accommodations. If we bring it to court, "I win". You have to research it past "the gypsy $40 answer lawyers".it is Pretty clear by the law-books.
I figure I have about Six months left to file. Unless/"new situation" comes. (I haven't used the normal system for past six mo)
I can't realistically say on "public forum" all what's in my mind a doubt this matter. But....I come to myself call it, "an Illegal censorship" by a Public Utility. The Public Utility is a "common carrier" = CITY PUBLIC BUS.
I have been quote costs a lot to take this case. But.....it's "too much" $$.
Anyway, am yet searching for a law firm to take this if it's possible. The case is in "two stages" now. I'm looking for a $ settlement (that's "not talking" the matter of being "blocked" being lifted. Of course!) for OOC ("out of court"). I think, MAYBE can "settle OOC".
I was talking to one Veterans Advocate (NOT A LAWYER) for two hours and three min one day about this matter. "Henry"! First time I ever crossed his path. WHAT A "GOOD GUY!" Henry suggest I go for "jobs/pensions". From July 1 no matter the stage we are in I'm gonna start concentrating like THAT! Henry sent me a "long list" of contact points at FED LEVEL.
I could "place" the case myself for $750.00.
So. This "Bus Case" put me OFF "the workouts". Rightfully so because it is "unique case" and it is ultra important to "settle" it ("one way or another")
Lawyers are such "bull****" nearly every one of them look at their "work" what $$ signs you can "place in their lap" more than anything. I've -met- a few who are "very decent" but...they "make me sick"/by-and-large.
I'm offering a $20,000.00 cut from a successful OOC settlement (is not "standard %". "Court"/I'm suing them +1 m.$)
It is some details to "LOOK AT".
After I settle this gonna pick-up where I left off. Have some plans/ideas there.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:39 AM #15
Contender

Default One

One thing I "DON'T GET" about BoxingScene is: HOW IS IT THEY BLOCK SWEARING IN PRINT, and yet these "hood types" have the worst language suggestions + "the Real"!in their "names?" Little *bit lack of integrity there. Isn't there?

Share This With Friends

Tags
fought, long, paid, pro?, train

User Tag List