Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 06-07-2016, 04:56 PM #11
Amateur

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
MMartialArtist is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,039.00

Foam roller, ice and heat have worked well for me!
MMartialArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-07-2016, 05:56 PM #12
KO Artist

Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Syf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond reputeSyf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 14,753.00
WAR Maidana! - LoadedWraps The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps For ownage and all the great post in the Maidan/Floyd thread - Dinamita 03 ole ole ole ole chino chino - punchr For voting yes on whether Maidana is a HOF'er - punchr 
Lol you slaughtered Bignuts.  That was brutal lol - El-blanco 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrrriaaaan View Post
Hello,

I've been boxing for about 18 months and have always struggled with tight hips / hip flexors.

I feel like on my right side I can't quite swing my hip around to give me enough power when I'm throwing a cross. Equally I feel that my hooks are weaker than they could be because my hip flexors feel very tight.

I stretch and stretch but really haven't found this to be particularly effective. Putting the road work in 3-4 times a week probably isn't helping either.

Anyone have any tips? I'm resigned to the fact I'm going to have to do yoga but I'll avoid it like the plague if I can!!

Thank you in advance.
The problem isnt your hips. The problem is your form. Flow from one move to the next. The culmination of unfettered unabashed flow will express itself naturally in your resulting technique.

Everything begins from your root. You must work from your root
Syf is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
hips, hooks, throwing, tight

User Tag List