Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-15-2019, 08:28 PM #41
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2117 Post(s)
john l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond reputejohn l has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 30,394.45
Without that black bottle preferrably.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 Cheers, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Proven liar and NSB Pick 'em cheat. - Robbie Barrett Makes up lies. Not to be trusted. - Robbie Barrett Disgraceful liar and cheat, that loves man meat - Robbie Barrett 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
you can get a 9-9 round if a fighter wins a round and has a point taken away. deductions are calculated after you score the round. otherwise your post is spot on, the scoring system is literally called the "10 point must" system.
Yes I was referring to the judges themselves. maybe I should have been more clear.
john l is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-16-2019, 01:12 AM #42
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2994 Post(s)
Lomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 46,985.75
You take this forum way too seriously fool. This should relax you it's a replica of Floyds dlck, your imaginary bf lmao. Feel better bltch. - apples You deserve another one for being a deluded fool. You snivelling cuck. Go cry somewhere else bltch. - apples Keep speaking the truth - 1bad65 Thanks for the green K - Boxing Goat You're a good poster, mate - BM dnobagaV 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
Wrong. A knockdown is not the same as a point deducted for a foul. Knockdowns are scored within the round itself, whereas point-deductions for fouls are taken away after normal scoring, at the end of the round. The only way a boxer can win a round and end up with less than 10 points is if he has a point deducted for some infringement, as indicated by the referee. You have misunderstood the 10-point must system.

Correct

Correct

Correct
I'm going to need to find a fight or two where I've seen this. You guys might be right but I know I've seen this. HBO Boxing After Dark comes to mind. It's just so rare to see.
Lomadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:16 AM #43
Poon Slayer

Quoted: 2571 Post(s)
Bobby Deez has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Deez has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Deez has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Deez has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Deez has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Deez has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Deez has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Deez has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Deez has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Deez has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Deez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 214,919.11
Total Points: 248,691.28
I was born in India u stupid faggot, but I grew up in NY.  I have brown skin, AND I AM HINDU!  U stupid faggot.  My wife is Filipina and my brother in law is half black.  Get used to it. - HAMMER77777 I was born in India u stupid faggot, but I grew up in NY.  I have brown skin, AND I AM HINDU!  U stupid faggot.  My wife is Filipina and my brother in law is half black.  Get used to it. - HAMMER77777 I was born in India u stupid faggot, but I grew up in NY.  I have brown skin, AND I AM HINDU!  U stupid faggot.  My wife is Filipina and my brother in law is half black.  Get used to it. - HAMMER77777 I was born in India u stupid faggot, but I grew up in NY.  I have brown skin, AND I AM HINDU!  U stupid faggot.  My wife is Filipina and my brother in law is half black.  Get used to it. - HAMMER77777 I was born in India u stupid faggot, but I grew up in NY.  I have brown skin, AND I AM HINDU!  U stupid faggot.  My wife is Filipina and my brother in law is half black.  Get used to it. - HAMMER77777 
Here, go fuck yourself faggot. - HAMMER77777 Youre nothing but a troll and I ain't letting u get away with it.   U about to be banned. - HAMMER77777 I'm going to have u banned for personal attacks.  Permanently.  Idiot - HAMMER77777 Suck on this. - HAMMER77777 Cheers bro - anthonydavid11 
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Years Bro! - Teetotaler Happy 2018, Bobby! - anthonydavid11 Eat well, brotha! - Tony Trick-Pony Them dollas, cuh - Tony Trick-Pony 
Dat fat fvck be trippin, doe - Tony Trick-Pony LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Respek, Deezel... - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers bruh - denium 

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1LL View Post
I was always under the impression it is an automatic 10-8 round. Then with every extra knockdown it goes 10-7, 10-6 etc. But apprently that is not strictly the case in any rulebook.

One of the judge's for the first Marquez - Pacquiao fight scored the first round (in which Marquez was knocked down 3 times) 10-7 instead of 10-6 as would have made sense according to this way of thinking. His arguement was that Marquez won the round besides the three KDs, so he only took 3 points instead of 4... seriously that is his explanation.

Are there any examples of this happening in rounds with one knockdown? Would you be okay with a 10-8 round being scored 10-9, if the boxer who was KD won the rest of the round? Think Fury vs. Wilder, were Fury got caught with lucky punches and otherwise dominated the round, on both occasions.
You can score a round 10-9 with a knockdown if the downed fighter was laying a beating on the other fighter. Nothing Fury did in the rounds he was knocked down in was bigger than the KD.
Bobby Deez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:48 AM #44
Strong champion.

Quoted: 6392 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,184.80
Total Points: 66,261.14
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomadeaux View Post
I'm going to need to find a fight or two where I've seen this. You guys might be right but I know I've seen this. HBO Boxing After Dark comes to mind. It's just so rare to see.

you don't know what you're talking about and need to bow out of the thread. you are flat out wrong and it's been well established. it's literally called the ten point must system, dude. the winning fighter gets 10 points, the loser 9 or less. 9-9 rounds can only happen with a deduction to the winner, which is calculated after the round gets scored 10-9.
New England is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:13 AM #45
Undisputed Champion

Lomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond repute
You take this forum way too seriously fool. This should relax you it's a replica of Floyds dlck, your imaginary bf lmao. Feel better bltch. - apples You deserve another one for being a deluded fool. You snivelling cuck. Go cry somewhere else bltch. - apples Keep speaking the truth - 1bad65 Thanks for the green K - Boxing Goat You're a good poster, mate - BM dnobagaV 

Quote:
you don't know what you're talking about and need to bow out of the thread. you are flat out wrong and it's been well established. it's literally called the ten point must system, dude. the winning fighter gets 10 points, the loser 9 or less. 9-9 rounds can only happen with a deduction to the winner, which is calculated after the round gets scored 10-9.
I was 100% sure of this (based on the same example as losing a point), now I'm like, wtf?

10-10 seems as if it would be the logical answer instead.

Also; you've always acted like a complete ****ing ******. You know that? Lmfao.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:51 AM #46
Strong champion.

Quoted: 6392 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,184.80
Total Points: 66,261.14
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
I was 100% sure of this (based on the same example as losing a point), now I'm like, wtf?

10-10 seems as if it would be the logical answer instead.

Also; you've always acted like a complete ****ing ******. You know that? Lmfao.

it's bleeped out dog, i can't tel what derogatory names you;re calling me!

one of us knows how to score a fight and the other does not. i can definitely see that part.
New England is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:07 AM #47
NSB APESTA

Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
UNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond reputeUNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond reputeUNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond reputeUNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond reputeUNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond reputeUNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond reputeUNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond reputeUNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond reputeUNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond reputeUNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond reputeUNBIASED BOXING has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,235.90
Total Points: 13,303.85

The most recent round I had a hard time scoring was AJ vs Wladimir.

AJ knocked Wladimir down in like, the 5th? or so round.

Wladimir comes back, and starts to dominate that round.

To me, that felt like a possible Wladimir round even though he got knocked down. I don't believe a knockdown should always indicate a loser of a round.

So how would that be scored? 9-9 (giving it Wladimir despite being knocked down)?
UNBIASED BOXING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:46 PM #48
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
it's bleeped out dog, i can't tel what derogatory names you;re calling me!

one of us knows how to score a fight and the other does not. i can definitely see that part.
I’ve looked at it and understand any small details that are the reality of the 10 pt must system.

You got real butt hurt a long time ago when you found out you couldn’t compete with me in a ring and STILL haven’t acknowledged being wrong about that.

That’s the difference between me and you. One person excels, the other stays where he’s at and is too lazy to capitalize the first letter of the first word of a sentence.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:13 PM #49
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 27,911.97

So bottom line, is a flash knockdown worth more than winning the round? My thinking is that it is not. Normally a fighter who knocks the other fighter down has also won the round, thus 10-9 and becomes 10-8 by adding the knockdown. It seems logical to me then that if a fighter is winning a round, is off balance but gets hit and legitimately knocked down, it's and even round, 10-10.

Note: The above is not meant to describe the 12th round of Wilder/Fury, that was no flash knockdown. I gotta give that to Wilder 10-9

Note 2: The 10 point must system should to be replaced by a better system.
4truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:53 PM #50
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Zaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 16,156.57

Quote:
No... guys I just explained to you how it works. It's a 10 point must system. This is how it works.

Fighter A is dominating a round, gets cracked by Figher B and gets up real quick and isn't hurt.

The Round is scored 9-9. Figher A gets a 10 and figher B gets a 9. Fighter A got a point deducted for being knocked down.

It's a 9-9 round. Get it?
Sure, that makes sense, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on how it should be. Is what you're saying what you think it should be or how it should be? Either way, like I said, it makes sense, I think the problem comes when a fighter can get knocked down 3 times and still have a 10-7 rd only against then and not the 10-6.

I've also heard people interpret the 10 point must system as the fighter that winds the round must receive 10 points, unless it's a point deduction. I actually don't know, I don't try to pretend I have any real job experience here, I just speak from what I've seen and what seems to make sense.
Zaryu is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
10-10?, 10-9?, deal?, knockdown, round, score

User Tag List