Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-14-2019, 08:50 AM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2444 Post(s)
RJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRJJ-94-02=GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 55,038.69
Cheers, brother - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - !a! No Message - !a! No Message - !a! suck on this too ya dumb f@ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - 1hourRun 

I always view a KD as an automatic 1 point deduction. So if the guy who was knocked down goes on and wins the round I score it 9-9, if he loses the round I score it 10-8. If he’s knocked down twice 10-7 and so on.
RJJ-94-02=GOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-14-2019, 08:51 AM #12
Perfect, but you're not

Quoted: 5251 Post(s)
M Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond reputeM Bison has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,066.99
Total Points: 20,426.71
Nice betting with you - Jloro Thanks for being honest - mathed one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2014 No Message - Lebanon No Message - Scott.Weiland 
Your the man!! =P - Elroy1 Canelo!! - KO MX Good lookin' out. - Jalisciense909 have a slice - sugarsmosley No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. For thinking Whitaker vs Chavez was close. - BrushMyHair! for many excellent posts - Freedom. Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Happy Holidays bro - KOVALBOXER 
Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. - Box-Office that sig bro.. lol - FlatLine War RED CYCLONE! - King Krusher keep up the excellent posting - Freedom. One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
Send a message via MSN to M Bison

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1LL View Post
I was always under the impression it is an automatic 10-8 round. Then with every extra knockdown it goes 10-7, 10-6 etc. But apprently that is not strictly the case in any rulebook.

One of the judge's for the first Marquez - Pacquiao fight scored the first round (in which Marquez was knocked down 3 times) 10-7 instead of 10-6 as would have made sense according to this way of thinking. His arguement was that Marquez won the round besides the three KDs, so he only took 3 points instead of 4... seriously that is his explanation.

Are there any examples of this happening in rounds with one knockdown? Would you be okay with a 10-8 round being scored 10-9, if the boxer who was KD won the rest of the round? Think Fury vs. Wilder, were Fury got caught with lucky punches and otherwise dominated the round, on both occasions.
What I would like to know is, if a round is completely and utterly dominated by one guy but he gets dropped by a shot near the end of a round would it still be 10-8? I mean we all know you can fight back and turn a round back on its head after being knocked-down if you're dominant, but surely its unfair to ignore all the action that proceeded before that knock-down.
M Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:28 AM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
MinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond reputeMinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond reputeMinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond reputeMinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond reputeMinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond reputeMinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond reputeMinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond reputeMinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond reputeMinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond reputeMinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond reputeMinuteMaid5 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 19,949.62

Jacobs Mora was 10-10 with 2 knockdowns in same round
MinuteMaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:14 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 27,310.12
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

I remember loving Letterman scoring the Ortiz/Maidana round 10-10 where they both knocked each other down. Sure; unofficial but it seemed fair. There was no loser or winner in that round and all things seemed equal.

P will and Martinez 1 in the first round os arguably a 10-9 round cor Martinez despite both having knockdowns. Could go 9-9 or 10-9 in either favor.

I think 10-7 is the norm for multiple knockdowns and I don’t disagree. Sure, it should likely and technically be 1+1+1+the round but I don’t particularly like the idea of 10-6. It’s like an unwritten rule i guess that the first knockdown gets you the point but NOT the round yet (not technically) and the second knockdown gets you the point and barring insane circumstances, gets you the round point and seals the round. You can get a 10-8 round without a knockdown so past 10-7 starts getting to ridiculous for my liking. To me if it can be worse than 10-6, it’s already been stopped.

Last edited by NearHypnos; 05-14-2019 at 11:24 AM.
NearHypnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:41 AM #15
OTSC

Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
FrankieClutch has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieClutch has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieClutch has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieClutch has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieClutch has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieClutch has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieClutch has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieClutch has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieClutch has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieClutch has a reputation beyond reputeFrankieClutch has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 19,828.84
Send a message via Yahoo to FrankieClutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Goat View Post
You can't score it 10-10 but if the fighter who was knocked down won the rd. , then you can score it 9-9.
Came to say this. A knockdown means the guy who got knocked down loses a point. If he comes back in that round to win it (which is usually not the case), it would be a 9-9 round.
FrankieClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:54 AM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 29,230.20

Logic tells me 9-9, the term 10 point must tells me 10-10. I've been down this road before and I still don't know.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
4truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:56 AM #17
The GOAT

Quoted: 2962 Post(s)
Boxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,635.61
Total Points: 46,509.48
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2013 vitali and bro are supreme - BTL Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 Great poster - Scott.Weiland. Cheers bro - Weltschmerz 
truly truly ATG - sugarsmosley truth hurts don't it? - Risen Thank you buddy - Weltschmerz Imagine that it's Wlad's c0ck when you stick it up your arse. - denium stick this in your hole and STFU - WTF Huck! 
Cheers mate! - Vlad_ No problem mate and thank you for the gift. - -Freddy- First Rate Poster - ironmt Something for you to suck on besides Pac's a$$. - travestyny Keep on sucking that Pac dlck bltch.  You can't win. Just like Pac. - travestyny 
Stop crying, cum bucket. - travestyny Cheers! - kafkod Have one back you fat spastic - Pat bateman 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieClutch View Post
Came to say this. A knockdown means the guy who got knocked down loses a point. If he comes back in that round to win it (which is usually not the case), it would be a 9-9 round.
Correctamundo
Boxing Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:03 PM #18
The GOAT

Quoted: 2962 Post(s)
Boxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing Goat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,635.61
Total Points: 46,509.48
one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom2013 vitali and bro are supreme - BTL Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 Great poster - Scott.Weiland. Cheers bro - Weltschmerz 
truly truly ATG - sugarsmosley truth hurts don't it? - Risen Thank you buddy - Weltschmerz Imagine that it's Wlad's c0ck when you stick it up your arse. - denium stick this in your hole and STFU - WTF Huck! 
Cheers mate! - Vlad_ No problem mate and thank you for the gift. - -Freddy- First Rate Poster - ironmt Something for you to suck on besides Pac's a$$. - travestyny Keep on sucking that Pac dlck bltch.  You can't win. Just like Pac. - travestyny 
Stop crying, cum bucket. - travestyny Cheers! - kafkod Have one back you fat spastic - Pat bateman 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4truth View Post
Logic tells me 9-9, the term 10 point must tells me 10-10. I've been down this road before and I still don't know.
If it's a ten point must system and there was a KD, the best the fighter being knocked down can do is a 10-9 round which to me is not really all that fair.

That said, most of the time when a fighter is legitimately knocked down, they rarely did enough before or come back to win the round.
Boxing Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:08 PM #19
The Champ

Quoted: 3962 Post(s)
BoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 51,029.24
Total Points: 57,033.30
Appreciate it brah! - $BloodyNate$ Have some drank on me! - $BloodyNate$ Since you love Floyds dlck so much here is a replica of it.  It's small but you already know this lmao. - apples Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
War Tank! - Santa_ Clueless troll, that &quot;knows&quot; everything - Ogecca MaMa Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony red k champ - Ogecca MaMa simply hater - Ogecca MaMa 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomadeaux View Post
A lot of Judges in the past (probably present too) won't go below 10-7 because it doesn't give the fighter a chance to come back on the cards. I'm not a big fan of that.

It doesn't get scored 10-9 if there is a knockdown and you think the fighter who got knocked down won the round. It would be scored 9-9. Understand? 10 for the fighter who won the round (minus the 1 point knockdown). Remember, 10 point must system, then adjust the scores from there.
Good post. Green K.
That's the way I see it too.
BoxingIsGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:17 PM #20
The Champ

Quoted: 3962 Post(s)
BoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 51,029.24
Total Points: 57,033.30
Appreciate it brah! - $BloodyNate$ Have some drank on me! - $BloodyNate$ Since you love Floyds dlck so much here is a replica of it.  It's small but you already know this lmao. - apples Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
War Tank! - Santa_ Clueless troll, that &quot;knows&quot; everything - Ogecca MaMa Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony red k champ - Ogecca MaMa simply hater - Ogecca MaMa 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

I also score the first round 9-9 if neither fighter did anything. Not many meaningful punches landed and no display of defensive skills. It happens a lot. It's too boring to watch. I deduct 1 point.

I know it's not done that way but that's how I would do it if I was scoring. Maybe give the fighters more motivation to fight.
BoxingIsGreat is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
10-10?, 10-9?, deal?, knockdown, round, score

User Tag List