Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-13-2019, 11:58 AM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 810 Post(s)
Realizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,202.66
Total Points: 21,332.85
U took em to school with that Broner vs Maidana 2 post - Trudoe 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskoolg View Post
The Mayweather era of boxing has spoiled both fans and fighters. Everyone thinks that a fighter having a loss or losses on his record means that he is not capable of beating an opponent who is favoured. Thatís not how it works, itís never worked like that. It also tells me that so many so called fans are new to the sport and have no concept of boxingí rich history. Anyone that had been into the sport for a minute knows that styles make fights, fighters can improve their games with trainers that fit their strengths and weaknesses, better strength and conditioning coaches, and sometimes just w better mindset.
When I see fighters with no defeats on their records all it tells me is they have not had career defining fights. And that goes for ALL undefeated fighters regardless of their national and ethnic origin before someone gets stupid with the country vs country rubbish
It's not all about that, it's about HOW J Rock lost to Charlo. He was brutally KTFO.

I haven't seen some big improvement in J Rock, Charlo would KO him again IMO.

He just had a good gameplan for Hurd while Hurd didn't really have a gameplan an has limited skills to begin with, just the same ole MO. Plus Hurd is pretty much draining himself to make 154 at this point. IDC how gradual he does it. By the time you reach your late 20's it's about time to move up to your natural weight class...

I'm surprised Broner who's turning 30 really thinks he can move back down to 140 and be a force atp, that ship has been sailed..

Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 05-13-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Realizniguhnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-13-2019, 12:05 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Devils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,184.80
Total Points: 14,387.29
thanks for the stream - Spray_resistant No Message - Devils Advocate 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Devils Advocate World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Devils Advocate 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigLug View Post
Let's be honest, if Lara was a few years younger, he would've whooped Hurd.

Not to say Hurd is a bad fighter because you can't just do it on size alone but size has still been a big factor for him. He is a good fighter with a big size advantage usually.

Once he fought someone a bit more skilled, fresh enough and able to overcome the size advantage, then he was always going to have problems. You can't just keep beating people with size at this level.

That aside, he's still a good fighter with good wins on his record. I think if he moved up to 160 and fought guys more or less his size, he will lose a lot more. Imagine Canelo, Jacobs or GGG having free shots on his chin like the 154 guys do. It would get ugly.
I respectfully disagree but I see where you are coming from. Lara has always had problems with high pressured fighters. Styles make fights and IMO a younger Lara would have he still lost to Hurd. A younger Lara lost a controversial decision to Paul Williams. Hurd is every bit as good if not better than Paul Williams who kept the pressure on all night but didnít have the power to get Laraís respect...Just my opinion.
Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:13 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 810 Post(s)
Realizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,202.66
Total Points: 21,332.85
U took em to school with that Broner vs Maidana 2 post - Trudoe 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
I respectfully disagree but I see where you are coming from. Lara has always had problems with high pressured fighters. Styles make fights and IMO a younger Lara would have he still lost to Hurd. A younger Lara lost a controversial decision to Paul Williams. Hurd is every bit as good if not better than Paul Williams who kept the pressure on all night but didn’t have the power to get Lara’s respect...Just my opinion.
Man I remember that fight like it was yesterday, that was a str8 robbery.. Lara beat the breaks off of Williams..

I remember him having problems with Vanes pressure though
Realizniguhnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:17 PM #14
Undisputed Champion

Devils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond reputeDevils Advocate has a reputation beyond repute
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Devils Advocate World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Devils Advocate 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieClutch View Post
I agree with you, but realistically can he change his style? He's had the Homer Simpson gameplan all along. Idk if he can fight any other way
I donít think he can change his style at this point. PBCs matchmakers will determine if heís on the decline and how best to match him up appropriately.

Hurd understands who he is and, although itís painful for us to see him absorbing hellacious headshots, heís probably a fighter than can sustain punishment better than most.

That said, Hurd will have a much shorter window as an elite fighter but make for some exciting as hell matchups. At least Haymon will make sure that heís compensated appropriately.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:22 PM #15
Interim Champion

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
goldenbear is a jewel in the roughgoldenbear is a jewel in the roughgoldenbear is a jewel in the roughgoldenbear is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 1,110.42
Total Points: 8,066.80
Default Williams proved me wrong.....I can admit it....

I like Williams as a fighter however I had Hurd winning within 9/10 rounds by knockout. I thought his pressure and size would be too much. Congrats to J-Rock on a splendid performance.
goldenbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:24 PM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Noelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond reputeNoelanthony has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 71,636.84
gAy J LOL - ^lll gAy J LOL - ^lll to add your collection - Ogecca MaMa 

He got a haircut but still kept his Elvis Presley fringe... liberty , he got a haircut just to get smacked up and relinquished of his belts. Only Louis belts and Salvatore ferragamo belts from this day forth
Noelanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:26 PM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2345 Post(s)
paulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,239.20
Total Points: 44,913.52
Beterbiev - wladavit Cant give you red k, wear this red lipstick on ur bday - led Happy birfday - DonMega I have no green to spread but here's some cake happy birthday - -jose- Happy Birthday man - Rip Chudd 
HBD - -Kev- No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run 
No Message - Run No Message - Run No Message - Run Thanks! - Enayze Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Good stuff. - Santa_ Have one on the house homie! - Mighty_Windir No Message - -jose- It's Always Sunny! - BlakBread904 Cause why not? Drink my man - Mighty_Windir 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigLug View Post
Let's be honest, if Lara was a few years younger, he would've whooped Hurd.
I had him whooping and beating Hurd, personally. Hurd's big 12th was nice but he was walking into HUGE shots from Lara for 11 rounds before that.
paulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:27 PM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
Man I remember that fight like it was yesterday, that was a str8 robbery.. Lara beat the breaks off of Williams..

I remember him having problems with Vanes pressure though
The Punisher was my guy but I thought he lost against Lara, too. I was younger then so I argued that Paul because if I remember correctly Laraís eye was completely closed shut.

Nobody ever really looks good against Vanes. Vanes...when fighting at Jr. Middle, is the master at making elite fighters not so elite and then complains that he did enough to win lol!!!
Old 05-13-2019, 12:34 PM #19
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2343 Post(s)
Squ□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond reputeSqu□redCircle34 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 33,042.07
Golden goose Gennady be some funny shyt huh lmao - Scott. Weiland LMFAO - Scott. Weiland Great posting sir. - anthonydavid11 That was too funny - Nomadic GREAT poster! Always logical and on point! - JK1700 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Hurd must work on head movement, the jab, pushing off better, distance control and using some vet tactics if he wants to beat J rock!

J rock has the style to keep giving him problems and now j rock has the full on confidence to know he can hurt Hurd!

Not good for the former undefeated unified champ!
Squ□redCircle34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:34 PM #20
Contender

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
orionb can only hope to improve
Bank: 1,155.62
Total Points: 7,257.79

hurds head was a magnet for the jabs while walking in

great boxing by j-rock
orionb is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List