Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-11-2019, 05:22 PM #11
Interim Champion

Quoted: 392 Post(s)
WhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,144.15
Total Points: 13,936.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Skull View Post
I was thinking of them getting rid of the countless inbetween weight divisions, but I suppose that is to facilitate people who are trying to kill themselves making weight. I mean it sounds harsh, but if you're going to the extremes of cutting say 15+ lbs to make weight maybe its your fault?
Bingo. I remember I made a post how all of the top 154 pounders could easily fight at 160 and I'm pretty sure the average height for the top 10 154 pounders was taller than the average 160 pounder(This was several months ago) I know height doesn't equal mass but the 154 are big. Same with 140. 140 is not supposed to be a division you stay at, it's supposed to be a way to develop into welterweight. I know Indongo,Postol and all of the other 140 guys could be competitive at welter.
WhatDisButtonDo is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-11-2019, 06:10 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2950 Post(s)
j0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond reputej0zef has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 26,536.18
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack Back at cha brother!  Cheers to boxing and good conversation! - Redd Foxx Quality Posts always.. - BoxingFan85 

I still don't understand the idea behind the current weigh in rules. 24-36 hours make absolutely no sense. The weigh in should be like an hour or two before the actual fight, at most. You get to your locker room, go weigh in, then go straight into hand wrapping. Easy peasy.
j0zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:28 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6126 Post(s)
A.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond reputeA.K has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 46,926.46
Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wash it after use because we know you're full of sh it - LOLffler tomming out in every thread - The Tribe knows his stuff - jas Personal attacks are flagged. - HAMMER77777 
Personal attacks are flagged. - HAMMER77777 Personal attacks are flagged. - HAMMER77777 Knowledgeable - jas hhahaha i got you banned idiot. get owned. uncle tom pretending to be black. - Shaolin Sword bahahha look at you still logging on even tho ur banned. what a loser lmao get a life nerd. logging on while banned smh dont u have friends? - Shaolin Sword 
one of the greats - jas one of the greats - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
This weight cutting sh^t needs to be fixed. Its clearly a problem & a sport within the sport of boxing which defeats the purpose of weight cutting in the first place.

Boxing needs to be innovative here & maybe look into what ONE Championships (a MMA league in Asia) is doing with getting weight cutting out of combat sports. Its a completely unnatural thing they got mfers doing with this dumb ass sh^t.

Wish Nicholson well in recovery.
But why weight cut unless your cheating to begin with? They’re basically afraid to fight at their own weight and want to go pick on smaller guys, It’s really on the individual .
A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:07 PM #14
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 19175 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 149,254.47
Total Points: 1,179,488.45
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
But why weight cut unless your cheating to begin with? They’re basically afraid to fight at their own weight and want to go pick on smaller guys, It’s really on the individual .
You think weight cutting is cheating? I disagree with that right off.

There is nothing that says you can't go above & beyond to make weight. Its not a rule violation at all. And in a competitive world people obviously will go above & beyond & the problem just grows from there.

Its just some dumb ass sh^t to begin with is the #1 problem. It makes no sense. It dangerous. Its dangerous & has problems with selling the sport to fans to do it on shorter notice cuz people will still cut weight & it will lead to more canceled events late when fighters don't make weight losing people money & therefore hurting the sport.

The obvious & clear solution is to rid boxing of weight cutting. And amateur wrestling (where this has been a bigger & historical problem longer then its been in boxing) & ONE Championships (where a guy died cutting weight) are great examples of how you change the weight cutting sport within the sport of boxing.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:12 AM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3612 Post(s)
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 48,458.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparked_26 View Post
I’ve never been big into the conspiracy theories so not that up to date with when and where Floyd had it.

I do think for safety sake a bag of saline is worth just rolling out as standard. You can reverse acute kidney injuries very quickly
Floyd failed to follow procedure and asked for the exemption after the fact. They’d why to many he looks like a PED user “till this day”
killakali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:19 PM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3612 Post(s)
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 48,458.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparked_26 View Post
I’ve never been big into the conspiracy theories so not that up to date with when and where Floyd had it.

I do think for safety sake a bag of saline is worth just rolling out as standard. You can reverse acute kidney injuries very quickly
floyd got ripped for applying for an exemption 3 weeks AFTER the fight and not before. Lol
killakali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:22 PM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2859 Post(s)
Sparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 49,449.60
No Message - PrinceNaz88 pushing wigs back with ease - jas Good banter - jas Good banter - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakali View Post
floyd got ripped for applying for an exemption 3 weeks AFTER the fight and not before. Lol
That is poor!

To be honest I didn’t even know you could apply for the exemption. Makes me think why wouldn’t you do that? Maybe they do?
Sparked_26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:26 PM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4417 Post(s)
champion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 84,578.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
This weight cutting sh^t needs to be fixed. Its clearly a problem & a sport within the sport of boxing which defeats the purpose of weight cutting in the first place.

Boxing needs to be innovative here & maybe look into what ONE Championships (a MMA league in Asia) is doing with getting weight cutting out of combat sports. Its a completely unnatural thing they got mfers doing with this dumb ass sh^t.

Wish Nicholson well in recovery.
Exactly, the body needs water and while you are cutting weight you are depleting your body of all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients that it needs in order to function properly; Which could subsequently lead to organ failure.
champion4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List