Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Why do fans not care about Canelo testing positive for PEDs and being suspended?
He was never dirty 13 28.89%
Time goes on, I forgave him - like him the same or better now 7 15.56%
Never cared if he was dirty or not 6 13.33%
Always hated him anyway 6 13.33%
I am not as big of a fan as his now as I was before 13 28.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2019, 02:15 AM #61
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 557
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to all
Points: 17,511.53
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 18,744.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjl12 View Post
GGG outjabbed Canelo in both fights.

Canelo defended better in both fights.

Canelo landed better and more power punches in both fights.

GGG moved forward in 1st fight, Canelo moved forward in 2nd fight.

There was no robbery in either fight. Both fights were razor close.

1st fight was either a GGG 7-5 or draw

2nd fight was either a Canelo 7-5 or draw

Great fights. Hope we get a conclusive 3rd. No clue why GGG passed on Andrade for some - literal - nobody. Did himself NO favors in securing the trilogy. NONE.
GGG passed on Andrade because he knew Canelo was up in September. Even Dervachenko said himself he didnt think GGG ducked him. Same thing would apply to Andrade.

Imagine if GGG got cut in or suffered an injury heading back to Canelo. The fight would be postponed AGAIN and he would be another year older before the rematch.

Odd though how you Canelo guys keep trying to rip on GGG for "ducking" Andrade when it's looking like Canelo wont fight him either AND forget the fact that GGG was only put in that situation because Canelo was caught with PEDs and suspended.

If Canelo doesnt get caught with PEDs we arent even having this conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Harper View Post
You're vastly overstating the superiority of a jab with the ''many, many'' tripe.

Sure, baby fists that can't inflict any danger rely on jabs to win. Watching GGG swing and miss so often with his right hand made him look goofy at times.

Nelo spent more than enough time on the ropes, yet, GGG couldn't find him.

Those people in the ''many, many'' group didn't stalk their opponents.

GGG did one thing, out of at least 5, right. Not what I'd call ring generalship.
I'm laughing at you when you say I'm overrating the jab when I'm clearly not. If I'm boxing someone and they're only looking to counter my follow up hand I'm gonna hit them with the jab everyday anyday until the adjust to that. Did Canelo adjust? Hardly. He ate jabs to the face all night and you really do misunderstand the use of a jab. Some jabs are light. Some jabs open up offenses. Some jabs are distractions. Canelo was hit with head snapping jabs the entire night both nights.

For instance. If Deontay wilder was smart and had any boxing IQ he would have followed up his initial jabs with more jabs vs Fury. Instead he continuously through 1-2s in rapid succession and Fury saw them coming every damn day of the week. If he mixed it up and threw 1-1-1-2 maybe he could have adjusted but he didnt. GGG isnt some brute like Wilder is and that's the biggest problem with your assessment. You are buying into the narrative and not watching the fight.

Deontays jab is used to distract, aim, or removed the opponents guard so he can follow up with his right.

GGGs jab is meant to hurt you and that's pretty much it. Funny how yall have some special way to judge Canelo fights and hold him in a different regard than other fighters.

Boxers adapt to what they see in the ring. If what they're doing isnt working a great boxer adjust while a good boxer doesnt.

Yeah, you wanted GGG to Mexican style and just bang because that's the narrative that was sold to you and that's the narrative you believe. The moment he didnt he automatically lost right? If he doesnt do what you want him to do then it's impossible for him to win right?

Style bias for real. It doesn't matter if you come forward or backwards with a jab as long as it is effective.

GGG must be only a brute and KO artist. He cant box. And if he dowsnt get a KO hes a hype job right? Despite being Canelos best "win".

You guys are a hypocritical bunch. You guys only like to see what you want to see. Flashy defense is nice but it doesnt give you more "points". Landing more "power punches" doesnt give you more "points". Judging how someone's face also doesnt give you more points.

Now take the above and apply that to any other fight other than Canelo/GGG and your "boxing argument " falls apart pretty quick and it's easy to see where you biased lie.
Socialtwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-10-2019, 02:20 AM #62
Curtis Harper Curtis Harper is online now
Successful As HELL !
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6,253
Quoted: 2576 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 108,741.49
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 108,741.49
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
GGG passed on Andrade because he knew Canelo was up in September. Even Dervachenko said himself he didnt think GGG ducked him. Same thing would apply to Andrade.

Imagine if GGG got cut in or suffered an injury heading back to Canelo. The fight would be postponed AGAIN and he would be another year older before the rematch.

Odd though how you Canelo guys keep trying to rip on GGG for "ducking" Andrade when it's looking like Canelo wont fight him either AND forget the fact that GGG was only put in that situation because Canelo was caught with PEDs and suspended.

If Canelo doesnt get caught with PEDs we arent even having this conversation.



I'm laughing at you when you say I'm overrating the jab when I'm clearly not. If I'm boxing someone and they're only looking to counter my follow up hand I'm gonna hit them with the jab everyday anyday until the adjust to that. Did Canelo adjust? Hardly. He ate jabs to the face all night and you really do misunderstand the use of a jab. Some jabs are light. Some jabs open up offenses. Some jabs are distractions. Canelo was hit with head snapping jabs the entire night both nights.

For instance. If Deontay wilder was smart and had any boxing IQ he would have followed up his initial jabs with more jabs vs Fury. Instead he continuously through 1-2s in rapid succession and Fury saw them coming every damn day of the week. If he mixed it up and threw 1-1-1-2 maybe he could have adjusted but he didnt. GGG isnt some brute like Wilder is and that's the biggest problem with your assessment. You are buying into the narrative and not watching the fight.

Deontays jab is used to distract, aim, or removed the opponents guard so he can follow up with his right.

GGGs jab is meant to hurt you and that's pretty much it. Funny how yall have some special way to judge Canelo fights and hold him in a different regard than other fighters.

Boxers adapt to what they see in the ring. If what they're doing isnt working a great boxer adjust while a good boxer doesnt.

Yeah, you wanted GGG to Mexican style and just bang because that's the narrative that was sold to you and that's the narrative you believe. The moment he didnt he automatically lost right? If he doesnt do what you want him to do then it's impossible for him to win right?

Style bias for real. It doesn't matter if you come forward or backwards with a jab as long as it is effective.

GGG must be only a brute and KO artist. He cant box. And if he dowsnt get a KO hes a hype job right? Despite being Canelos best "win".

You guys are a hypocritical bunch. You guys only like to see what you want to see. Flashy defense is nice but it doesnt give you more "points". Landing more "power punches" doesnt give you more "points". Judging how someone's face also doesnt give you more points.

Now take the above and apply that to any other fight other than Canelo/GGG and your "boxing argument " falls apart pretty quick and it's easy to see where you biased lie.
Knowing how you love to exaggerate on what GGG did, I just skimmed through that comment.

No combos
No right hand
No body attack
Ineffective aggression
Failed when having man trapped

But he jabbed well.
Curtis Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:29 AM #63
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 557
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to all
Points: 17,511.53
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 18,744.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjl12 View Post
GGG had a terrific jab in the 1st fight. Also in the 2nd, but much better in the 1st



Wait, what? So ring generalship and jabs win fights "easily", but defense and body punches don't?





GGG is a good boxer and defense is part of boxing. GGG can defend, but as you mention not as well as Canelo.



So now GGG's jabs are power punches instead of jabs? Based on what?

GGG jabbed Canelo like hell in both fights, but hardly marked Canelo up at all. And don't say "Canelo doesn't bruise"....feather-fisted Floyd had Canelo swelling up and JMW Lara had Canelo busted up.

So why are GGG's jabs so special? They're just jabs. Yes, GGG is good at jabbing, but a jab is a jab and not a power punch. Jabs are scoring punches, absolutely, but it's people like you who try to turn real life into movie scripts.

Clearly his jab isn't a power punch because he's jabbed Canelo 24 rounds and hasn't even dazed him once. Not once.





So Canelo landed all of the body shots in both fights AND more power punches AND defended better in BOTH fights, but because GGG lands this magical "power jab" and has "ring generalship" (he didn't in the 2nd fight) he's somehow the ultimate winner?
I like how you're trying to spin my words man. Good try.

You admit jabs are good no? And scoring punches no?

So let's talk about defense real quick. Flashy defense is NOT scored and should not be scored with more "points" as effective defense or do you think differently?

Canelo can pivot away from a body shot and GGG will block it with his elbows. Same **** different style.

One guy can have a flashy style and one guy could not have a flashy style and get the same results. You're gonna give more points to the flashy guy? Why is that?

Then tell me again if Canelo had impervious defense like you're making it out to be why did he get outlanded by GGG?

And despite all the body punches, which are also scoring punches, and meant to slow your opponent down why was it so damn hard to separate from him?

And dude. You're welcome to rewatch the fight or step into a ring. If the jab is snapping your head back it's not "just a pillowfist jab".

Do I know why Canelo didnt swell? No idea. PEDs? Good diet? Idk.

But it almost sounds like you're claiming GGG has less power in his hands than Floyd. Is this what you are suggesting?

And to the bold. How many "power punches" did Canelo land that dazed GGG? ZERO

You're literally sitting here trying to argue with me that certain styles should be awarded more points and that power punches are better than jabs
Socialtwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:34 AM #64
Bjl12 Bjl12 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 4,967
Quoted: 2892 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Bjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these parts
Points: 53,168.61
Bank: 1,245.21
Total Points: 54,413.82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
GGG passed on Andrade because he knew Canelo was up in September. Even Dervachenko said himself he didnt think GGG ducked him. Same thing would apply to Andrade.
I'm not referring to May, 2018. I'm referring to right now. Andrade and Charlo both wanted GGG NOW...this May or June.

GGG chose to fight the #94 ranked MW in the world instead

Canelo was on record saying he only wants to fight GGG if he gets a title - and I agree with that. Why should Canelo keep fighting killers and keep giving paydays to GGG? GGG is literally yeterdays news...time to prove Canelo didn't ruin him.

Imagine if GGG got cut in or suffered an injury heading back to Canelo. The fight would be postponed AGAIN and he would be another year older before the rematch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Odd though how you Canelo guys keep trying to rip on GGG for "ducking" Andrade when it's looking like Canelo wont fight him either AND forget the fact that GGG was only put in that situation because Canelo was caught with PEDs and suspended.
GGG has an awful resume. That is because of nobody but himself. GGG chose Vanes and GGG chose Rolls. He passed on Andrade, Dervenchenko, Charlo, BJS, Lara, Jacobs rematch, Ward at 168, Canelo/Cotto at 155-157, Brook @ 157, etc.

Canelo did not force GGG to fight Vanes. Canelo did not force GGG to come to US at 28 and fight cabbies. Canelo cannot make GGG sign a contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
If Canelo doesnt get caught with PEDs we arent even having this conversation.
We don't know that. GGG might've pulled out. GGG is fighting Rolls now after Canelo and fought Vanes before Canelo...GGG likes to fight absolutely cherries - and he's done it his entire career.

We really can't say for sure GGG wanted the rematch...he did everything he could to get out of it...demanded higher purse, demanded to pick judges, to pick Canelo's gloves, to pick ref, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
I'm laughing at you when you say I'm overrating the jab when I'm clearly not. If I'm boxing someone and they're only looking to counter my follow up hand I'm gonna hit them with the jab everyday anyday until the adjust to that. Did Canelo adjust? Hardly. He ate jabs to the face all night and you really do misunderstand the use of a jab. Some jabs are light. Some jabs open up offenses. Some jabs are distractions. Canelo was hit with head snapping jabs the entire night both nights.
GGG has a good jab, perhaps even world-class. It is still not a "power jab" as you suggest. Otherwise there would be some tell-tale signs of, you know, "power". There were none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
For instance. If Deontay wilder was smart and had any boxing IQ he would have followed up his initial jabs with more jabs vs Fury. Instead he continuously through 1-2s in rapid succession and Fury saw them coming every damn day of the week. If he mixed it up and threw 1-1-1-2 maybe he could have adjusted but he didnt. GGG isnt some brute like Wilder is and that's the biggest problem with your assessment. You are buying into the narrative and not watching the fight.
Wilder is a horrible boxer. Don't know why he's coming up at all.

I agree GGG can box a bit - no denying that.

Even if you have Canelo winning both fights (I don't - I have them as they're scored....DRAW...Canelo 7-5)...the fights were very close. So at the very least GGG is just a notch behind Canelo...can't be a simple brute because simple brutes don't fare well against Canelo (Kirkland, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Deontays jab is used to distract, aim, or removed the opponents guard so he can follow up with his right.
Please stop bringing up Deyontay Wilder in the same sentence as GGG or Canelo. It's disrespectful to boxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
GGGs jab is meant to hurt you and that's pretty much it. Funny how yall have some special way to judge Canelo fights and hold him in a different regard than other fighters.
I judge all fights the same and if you want to go over some scores we can. I've actually long debated making a thread reviewing BOTH fights (one thread for each fight). I'm tempted at times, but I would only do it if people wanted to RATIONALLY DISCUSS and not be babies about it.

Both fights were legendary fights...very happy we saw them live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Boxers adapt to what they see in the ring. If what they're doing isnt working a great boxer adjust while a good boxer doesnt.

Yeah, you wanted GGG to Mexican style and just bang because that's the narrative that was sold to you and that's the narrative you believe. The moment he didnt he automatically lost right? If he doesnt do what you want him to do then it's impossible for him to win right?
I expected GGG to do what he did his entire career. Walk forward, hurt his opponents, go for the kill. That's what he's always done. He showed in the Lemiuex and Danny fights he's more versatile than that although the Danny fight was not a convincing win.

Nonetheless GGG was right there with Canelo. Even if you had Canelo winning both fights (again, I didn't) GGG was 1 round behind. GGG can clearly fight and box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Style bias for real. It doesn't matter if you come forward or backwards with a jab as long as it is effective.

GGG must be only a brute and KO artist. He cant box. And if he dowsnt get a KO hes a hype job right? Despite being Canelos best "win".

You guys are a hypocritical bunch. You guys only like to see what you want to see. Flashy defense is nice but it doesnt give you more "points". Landing more "power punches" doesnt give you more "points". Judging how someone's face also doesnt give you more points.

Now take the above and apply that to any other fight other than Canelo/GGG and your "boxing argument " falls apart pretty quick and it's easy to see where you biased lie.
We can talk about other fights too if you want. Let me know homie!
Bjl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:50 AM #65
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 557
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to all
Points: 17,511.53
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 18,744.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Harper View Post
Knowing how you love to exaggerate on what GGG did, I just skimmed through that comment.

No combos
No right hand
No body attack
Ineffective aggression
Failed when having man trapped

But he jabbed well.
I bet you're the same kind of guy that only reads headlines and assumes you already know everything you need to know lmfao.

The difference between me and you is that I'm consistent and you're a hypocrite when it comes to judging a fight. I also dont eat the narrative and use it to fuel my agenda.

For example. Do you need combos to win a fight? Nope. Do you need your right hand to win a fight? Nope. Do you need a body attack to win a fight? Nope. Do you need aggression to win a fight? Nope. Do you need to finish a guy when you have him on the ropes to win a fight?

NOPE

Maybe if you didnt do all those things together BUT let's quit lying and acting like GGG did none of that. If what you're saying was so true then Canelo would have won in a LANDSLIDE, but he didnt. We escaped with TWO controversial decisions. Your hypocisy is showing.

Now let's look at my consistency. I don't buy into narratives like you and I dont make up imaginary rules.

Look back to when Lomachenko broke his hand and was forced to box with one hand for like half the fight against piropiro. However the **** you spell his name. All he did was run around and throw jabs.

Oh. Lomachenko didnt win because he didnt throw combos. He wasnt aggressive. He didnt throw his power hand. Blah blah blah.

See what I did there? That you. Two different scoring criteria for different fights. broken hand or not you can still win without your personal "requirements". And you want to change how your score because of the narrative? The fighters name? The situation? Lmfao. Dont try to be objective when your bias is showing.

Jesus christ. Or Allah. Whatever.
Socialtwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:17 AM #66
Bjl12 Bjl12 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 4,967
Quoted: 2892 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Bjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these parts
Points: 53,168.61
Bank: 1,245.21
Total Points: 54,413.82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
I like how you're trying to spin my words man. Good try.

You admit jabs are good no? And scoring punches no?
Definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
So let's talk about defense real quick. Flashy defense is NOT scored and should not be scored with more "points" as effective defense or do you think differently?
Defense is defense. Canelo has better style, but it's the same as any other defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Canelo can pivot away from a body shot and GGG will block it with his elbows. Same **** different style.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
One guy can have a flashy style and one guy could not have a flashy style and get the same results. You're gonna give more points to the flashy guy? Why is that?
Canelo gets more points for defense because he avoided more punches...?

In both fights GGG threw ~200 more punches yet landed LESS power punches. GGG did land more jabs in both fights.

GGG also landed ~0 body shots in both fights.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.


Image View Removed. Please Click Here.


That's defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Then tell me again if Canelo had impervious defense like you're making it out to be why did he get outlanded by GGG?
Well GGG threw 200 more punches in both fights and still landed LESS power punches in both fights.

That's superior defense (and could be aruged offense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
And despite all the body punches, which are also scoring punches, and meant to slow your opponent down why was it so damn hard to separate from him?
GGG is a world class fighter. Even if you thought Canelo won both fights GGG was just a round behind. One could argue GGG won first and drew second fight...and that would be fair. Both fights were that close although I still believe:

1st fight was either a 7-5 GGG or draw (best outcome for Canelo)

2nd fight was either a 7-5 Canelo or draw (best outcome for GGG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
And dude. You're welcome to rewatch the fight or step into a ring. If the jab is snapping your head back it's not "just a pillowfist jab".


Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
Do I know why Canelo didnt swell? No idea. PEDs? Good diet? Idk.

But it almost sounds like you're claiming GGG has less power in his hands than Floyd. Is this what you are suggesting?
If you hit someone repeatedly and CLEANLY they will swell. Floyd has no power, but he's dangerously accurate.

GGG landed nothing repeatedly other than a jab. That is why there was no swelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
And to the bold. How many "power punches" did Canelo land that dazed GGG? ZERO
The two are evenly matched. GGG was the power puncher who is bigger and supposed to walk Canelo down...turns out they're both pretty much the same in all aspects. Canelo being a little younger might've been the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
You're literally sitting here trying to argue with me that certain styles should be awarded more points and that power punches are better than jabs
No I mean it's objective stuff. Compubox punch count shows GGG threw more, landed less (power) punches, landed literally 0 body punches.

Subjective evidence in rematch suggests the fight was very hard for GGG judging by how marked up he got (which was NOTHING like the 1st fight).
Bjl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:31 AM #67
Frankie2Jabs Frankie2Jabs is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4,943
Quoted: 2744 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Frankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these partsFrankie2Jabs is infamous around these parts
Points: 170,961.58
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 170,961.58
Default

Boxers take supplements and they’re bound to cross contamination. That should’ve been an option so i’ll go with non intentional use to cheat.

The WBC let Vargas slide. VADA and CBP are corrupt
Frankie2Jabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:39 AM #68
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 557
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to all
Points: 17,511.53
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 18,744.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjl12 View Post
I'm not referring to May, 2018. I'm referring to right now. Andrade and Charlo both wanted GGG NOW...this May or June.

GGG chose to fight the #94 ranked MW in the world instead

Canelo was on record saying he only wants to fight GGG if he gets a title - and I agree with that. Why should Canelo keep fighting killers and keep giving paydays to GGG? GGG is literally yeterdays news...time to prove Canelo didn't ruin him.

Imagine if GGG got cut in or suffered an injury heading back to Canelo. The fight would be postponed AGAIN and he would be another year older before the rematch.



GGG has an awful resume. That is because of nobody but himself. GGG chose Vanes and GGG chose Rolls. He passed on Andrade, Dervenchenko, Charlo, BJS, Lara, Jacobs rematch, Ward at 168, Canelo/Cotto at 155-157, Brook @ 157, etc.

Canelo did not force GGG to fight Vanes. Canelo did not force GGG to come to US at 28 and fight cabbies. Canelo cannot make GGG sign a contract.



We don't know that. GGG might've pulled out. GGG is fighting Rolls now after Canelo and fought Vanes before Canelo...GGG likes to fight absolutely cherries - and he's done it his entire career.

We really can't say for sure GGG wanted the rematch...he did everything he could to get out of it...demanded higher purse, demanded to pick judges, to pick Canelo's gloves, to pick ref, etc.



GGG has a good jab, perhaps even world-class. It is still not a "power jab" as you suggest. Otherwise there would be some tell-tale signs of, you know, "power". There were none.



Wilder is a horrible boxer. Don't know why he's coming up at all.

I agree GGG can box a bit - no denying that.

Even if you have Canelo winning both fights (I don't - I have them as they're scored....DRAW...Canelo 7-5)...the fights were very close. So at the very least GGG is just a notch behind Canelo...can't be a simple brute because simple brutes don't fare well against Canelo (Kirkland, etc.)



Please stop bringing up Deyontay Wilder in the same sentence as GGG or Canelo. It's disrespectful to boxing.



I judge all fights the same and if you want to go over some scores we can. I've actually long debated making a thread reviewing BOTH fights (one thread for each fight). I'm tempted at times, but I would only do it if people wanted to RATIONALLY DISCUSS and not be babies about it.

Both fights were legendary fights...very happy we saw them live!



I expected GGG to do what he did his entire career. Walk forward, hurt his opponents, go for the kill. That's what he's always done. He showed in the Lemiuex and Danny fights he's more versatile than that although the Danny fight was not a convincing win.

Nonetheless GGG was right there with Canelo. Even if you had Canelo winning both fights (again, I didn't) GGG was 1 round behind. GGG can clearly fight and box.



We can talk about other fights too if you want. Let me know homie!
I have no idea why he chose to fight Rolls and it's not like I approve of it. Chances are there is a bigger fight down the road next fight and hes using this as a tune up as we both know he has a new trainer and possibly new style. I'm certain he dropped Sanchez because he finally realized Sanchez is a ****ty trainer who just relied on GGGs iron chin and power to win fights despite the fact GGG is a pretty good boxer.

Have you ever seen GGG do what he didnt during the second half of the 2nd canelo fight? I didnt even know what I was watching but it was great. No one knew GGG could box off his back foot because we, myself included wouldnt expect a come forward pressure fighter to be able to do that.

Canelo was on record saying he wouldnt fight GGG unless he had a belt but Oscar has been flip flopping and Hearn and DAZN want GGG/Canelo 3 and we all know money talks.

GGG does have an awful resume when compared to Canelos but that doesnt change the kind of talent he is or the fact that Canelo in his prime is pretty damn even with him despite him being ancient on boxing terms.

Also. Canelo didnt force GGG to fight vanes, but he did force GGG to wait. He had very clear options.

Fight a better opponent and risk losing and thus lose the Canelo fight or risk being injured.

Fight a can with low risk to lose and injury.

Do nothing.

If you were GGG what would you chose? Canelo is a legacy fight imo. And why wouldnt he want that
considering near damn everyone thought he won the first fight? It's the best name he could have put on his resume.

Also about fighting cabbies. What would suggest that that is what GGG wanted? Dude was an Olympic silver medalist and was a knock out machine in his early career. He made a poor choice in promotion which is why he came to America.

You can fault him for that, but again, it doesnt change the kind of boxer he is and the talent he has. He was neck and neck with Canelo ffs.

Even without the resume it would be hard to bet against GGG if he had to fight the same names Canelo did. And yes, I know triangles dont exist in boxing, but they would be good fights where you know he would be competitive.

Yeah it sucks we didnt get to see it. But then again. Still doesnt change what kind of boxer he is and the talent he has.

And jabs. His jabs were snapping Canelos head back. That's a pretty good sign. Did everyone single one do it? Nope. But it happened enough where it became pretty noticeable.

Also. Wilder is pretty blasmophous to boxing for real. That's just a big dude swinging. His defense. Hes honestly just making stuff up as he goes I swear.
Socialtwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:59 AM #69
Curtis Harper Curtis Harper is online now
Successful As HELL !
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6,253
Quoted: 2576 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 108,741.49
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 108,741.49
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
I bet you're the same kind of guy that only reads headlines and assumes you already know everything you need to know lmfao.

The difference between me and you is that I'm consistent and you're a hypocrite when it comes to judging a fight. I also dont eat the narrative and use it to fuel my agenda.

For example. Do you need combos to win a fight? Nope. Do you need your right hand to win a fight? Nope. Do you need a body attack to win a fight? Nope. Do you need aggression to win a fight? Nope. Do you need to finish a guy when you have him on the ropes to win a fight?

NOPE

Maybe if you didnt do all those things together BUT let's quit lying and acting like GGG did none of that. If what you're saying was so true then Canelo would have won in a LANDSLIDE, but he didnt. We escaped with TWO controversial decisions. Your hypocisy is showing.

Now let's look at my consistency. I don't buy into narratives like you and I dont make up imaginary rules.

Look back to when Lomachenko broke his hand and was forced to box with one hand for like half the fight against piropiro. However the **** you spell his name. All he did was run around and throw jabs.

Oh. Lomachenko didnt win because he didnt throw combos. He wasnt aggressive. He didnt throw his power hand. Blah blah blah.

See what I did there? That you. Two different scoring criteria for different fights. broken hand or not you can still win without your personal "requirements". And you want to change how your score because of the narrative? The fighters name? The situation? Lmfao. Dont try to be objective when your bias is showing.

Jesus christ. Or Allah. Whatever.
No combos
No right hand
No body attack
Ineffective aggression
Failed when having man trapped

Tell me what rds I need to see where he accomplished anything but the jab.
Curtis Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:03 AM #70
Socialtwinkie Socialtwinkie is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: America
Posts: 557
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Socialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to allSocialtwinkie is a name known to all
Points: 17,511.53
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 18,744.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjl12 View Post
Definitely



Defense is defense. Canelo has better style, but it's the same as any other defense.



Yep.



Canelo gets more points for defense because he avoided more punches...?

In both fights GGG threw ~200 more punches yet landed LESS power punches. GGG did land more jabs in both fights.

GGG also landed ~0 body shots in both fights.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.


Image View Removed. Please Click Here.


That's defense.



Well GGG threw 200 more punches in both fights and still landed LESS power punches in both fights.

That's superior defense (and could be aruged offense)



GGG is a world class fighter. Even if you thought Canelo won both fights GGG was just a round behind. One could argue GGG won first and drew second fight...and that would be fair. Both fights were that close although I still believe:

1st fight was either a 7-5 GGG or draw (best outcome for Canelo)

2nd fight was either a 7-5 Canelo or draw (best outcome for GGG)







If you hit someone repeatedly and CLEANLY they will swell. Floyd has no power, but he's dangerously accurate.

GGG landed nothing repeatedly other than a jab. That is why there was no swelling.



The two are evenly matched. GGG was the power puncher who is bigger and supposed to walk Canelo down...turns out they're both pretty much the same in all aspects. Canelo being a little younger might've been the difference



No I mean it's objective stuff. Compubox punch count shows GGG threw more, landed less (power) punches, landed literally 0 body punches.

Subjective evidence in rematch suggests the fight was very hard for GGG judging by how marked up he got (which was NOTHING like the 1st fight).
I really hate when people use total number of punches thrown as a metric because it can tell the whole story or none of it. Some people are high volume punchers because that's just the kind of offense they have. GGG always throws a million punches.

It's no different then a high volume shooter in the NBA. You can be efficent and get points or shoot slot. The result is the same.

And still no idea why Canelo didnt swell at all. He even ate a huge bomb that limp armed him and it did nothing. I know accurate punches can cause swelling but even you got to admit, Canelos face was something else.

I think that has to do more to about canelos face and less about what GGG did. GGG hits pretty much anyone else and there done. You tell me man. You cant honestly tell me that bomb wouldn't have put anyone else on the ground.

I'm one of those people that can agree that GGG won the first and drew the 2nd.

1st fight was either a 8-4 GGG or 7-5 GGG (best outcome for Canelo)

2nd fight was either a 7-5 GGG or draw (best outcome for Canelo)
Socialtwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
canelo, clen/peds, positive, testing

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 AM.