Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-07-2019, 06:43 AM #31
Interim Champion

Quoted: 393 Post(s)
WhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond reputeWhatDisButtonDo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,144.15
Total Points: 13,939.70

No. Floyd and Pacquiao started the era of "fans" rooting against fighters rather than for them.
WhatDisButtonDo is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-07-2019, 07:06 AM #32
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 776 Post(s)
dibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,161.40
Total Points: 29,131.76
No Message - -jose- Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderFists View Post
I used to loathe floyd but I miss seeing him fight. I feel like we are now in a era of wannabe floyds with not even 1/4th of the charisma. Everyones on nelos nuts but who remembers the schooling floyd gave him? Even conor mcgregor did better against floyd then the so called 'p4p#1' lol
If this is your go to “burn statement” then you got a lot of homework to do. Floyd toyed with Conor. Carried him up to the 10th round.

I’m sure you’d disagree. But tell me this, why did Floyd suddenly forgot to throw jabs in the first 3 rounds when he has been throwing them accurately all his life against greater fighters who’d knock conor easily?
What did Conor do to offset the jabs and more specifically the pull right counter? Besides well, being slow.
Why did floyd suddenly forgot to use the philly shell? When he been using it in all his fights?

Oh yes because he toyed with conor. So that people will say “well that was a BS fight afterall”.

And in any case, they can even have a rematch and people will still buy because well, “conor did great the first time!”
dibzvincent143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:15 AM #33
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 17696 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 123,644.94
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitSecond View Post
The point went over your head. Winning close against top tier opposition is to be expected. It makes little sense to give alvarez sht for having close fights vs near prime top tier and present floyd as an example of how it should be done when he did no better vs that level of opposition.
The fight with Mosely wasn't close. He beat Manny 10-2 (rounds). Cotto was close. ODH and Canelo each getting 1 scorecard that wasn't believable , which makes people think those fights were closer than they were.

While Castillo and Maidana were close, Floyd beat the elite comp he faced by wide margins. Maybe he did actually do better and your contempt for him will not allow you to admit it.

Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-07-2019 at 08:44 AM.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:43 AM #34
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Split Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Decision has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,760.74
Total Points: 27,817.15
Suck my c0ck - denium lol - SuperHanz lol - SuperHanz lol - SuperHanz Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Kill yourself f4gg0t - denium 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
I do. That's the true definition of a GREAT, an A+ boxer. Canelo, his pupil, sits comfortably at A-!
how is he floyds pupil ? did they ever train or work together ?
Split Decision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:59 AM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8919 Post(s)
GGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond reputeGGG Gloveking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,196.68
Total Points: 68,966.81
:beerchug: - -jose- Keep up the good posts, brother... - anthonydavid11 Smart man - Thraxox One of the good posters here - 1bad65 Great post as usual, Glove Mf'in Kang! - Tony Trick-Pony 
You are the man, without question - Tony Trick-Pony For unquestionably punkin' Chollo Vista bitch ass. - Bobby Deez Andy Ruiz,baby! - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
If this is your go to “burn statement” then you got a lot of homework to do. Floyd toyed with Conor. Carried him up to the 10th round.

I’m sure you’d disagree. But tell me this, why did Floyd suddenly forgot to throw jabs in the first 3 rounds when he has been throwing them accurately all his life against greater fighters who’d knock conor easily?
What did Conor do to offset the jabs and more specifically the pull right counter? Besides well, being slow.
Why did floyd suddenly forgot to use the philly shell? When he been using it in all his fights?

Oh yes because he toyed with conor. So that people will say “well that was a BS fight afterall”.

And in any case, they can even have a rematch and people will still buy because well, “conor did great the first time!”
He was mesmerized by Conor tattoos and didn't start fighting until he got a good look at all of them
GGG Gloveking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:02 AM #36
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1976 Post(s)
SplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond reputeSplitSecond has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 38,494.95
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon lol - -jose- Suck on this d@ck prick - Boxing Goat 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dunn View Post
The fight with Mosely wasn't close. He beat Manny 10-2 (rounds). Cotto was close. ODH and Canelo each getting 1 scorecard that wasn't believable , which makes people think those fights were closer than they were.

While Castillo and Maidana were close, Floyd beat the elite comp he faced by wide margins. Maybe he did actually do better and your contempt for him will not allow you to admit it.
You're proving my point. Mosley was old, inactive and got his roids taken away. Even vs corrales a win over a suppossed top, prime guy, it's been well established the struggle he had making weight for that fight. The pacquiao fight was also close, lol @ 2 rds, i'll say close but clear, like canelo's win over jacobs.

Instead of my supposed contempt you should consider if your own infatuation isnt skewing your view.
SplitSecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:14 AM #37
westernchamp

Quoted: 2401 Post(s)
.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute.WesternChamp. has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 84,410.82

miss floyd for what??? it's not like when he was active, he was a funny guy or has entertaining fights.
.WesternChamp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:14 AM #38
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 17696 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 123,644.94
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitSecond View Post
You're proving my point. Mosley was old, inactive and got his roids taken away. Even vs corrales a win over a suppossed top, prime guy, it's been well established the struggle he had making weight for that fight. The pacquiao fight was also close, lol @ 2 rds, i'll say close but clear, like canelo's win over jacobs.

Instead of my supposed contempt you should consider if your own infatuation isnt skewing your view.
No my view isn't skewed. Mosley was good enough that he landed the best shots on Floyd we'd seen from anyone ever. Then Floyd stepped it up and won. The Manny fight wasn't close at all. The reality is the "faded "Mosley was better than every prime opponent some fighters have faced. Same For "faded" Manny, "shot" Cotto and old "ODH", "green" Canelo and "drained" Corrales (who was favored going into the fight).

This is just one of those things where because Floyd won fights posters said he wouldn't you guys go back and do anything to reduce those wins. As long as we do that with every fighter I'm fine.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:38 AM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 970 Post(s)
KillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond reputeKillaMane26 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,327.87
happy birthday bro cheer da fcuk up and have a beer - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopetego View Post
Canelo was green and weight drained when Floyd the opportunist fought him
I heard Floyd wanted that fight to wait but Showtime pressured them cuz of that deal he signed
KillaMane26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:48 AM #40
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 785 Post(s)
creekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond reputecreekrat77 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,155.62
Total Points: 59,198.07
One of the better posters here - 1bad65 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Decision View Post
how is he floyds pupil ? did they ever train or work together ?
I know right. Sure Canelo has grown a lot since they fought and probably imitates certain aspects of his game, but he definitely isn't a Broner type.
If you ask me, Canelo shows a lot more similarities to Pacquiao than to Floyd. The cemented feet, flat on the ground, edging closer pressuring opponents with a high guard defense, bobbing in and out of the pocket.. that is very Pacquiao and rarely has Floyd committed to that style except for maybe against Conor.
That is a tough style to beat if Canelo continues fighting like that. It's the same problem all these naturally bigger guys had with Tyson and his low center of gravity. You just have to fight fire with fire, like Morales and Douglas did.
creekrat77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
canelo, mayweather

User Tag List