Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-05-2019, 09:04 AM #21
Unified Champion

Quoted: 2066 Post(s)
JJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 28,868.08
One helluva poster. Keep it - Dinamita 03 cheers bud - Beercules 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochi View Post
i think the bias mexican fans think that even if he did win, that he won absolutely clearly.

the reality is that he barely did much in a pretty average fight. he didn't do anything "great" as they say and the reality is that it easily could have been scored the other way had it not been held in Canelo's backyard.
It could have been scored the other way??
You think Jacobs won 7 or 8 rounds in that fight?

And you’re talking about Canelo fan bias?
JJRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-05-2019, 09:08 AM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2994 Post(s)
Lomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond reputeLomadeaux has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 46,984.75
You take this forum way too seriously fool. This should relax you it's a replica of Floyds dlck, your imaginary bf lmao. Feel better bltch. - apples You deserve another one for being a deluded fool. You snivelling cuck. Go cry somewhere else bltch. - apples Keep speaking the truth - 1bad65 Thanks for the green K - Boxing Goat You're a good poster, mate - BM dnobagaV 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison boxing View Post
Sorry to ruin 'la fiesta' but i just dont see it. He didnt do enough to win the fight, same as GGG fights. Since when do you win rounds based on having good head movement alone? Jacobs was catching his punches on the gloves but doesnt seem to get any credit for that? Whereas all i read is 'canelo made him miss doe', i cant think of that much eye catching stuff he actually landed clean?. Jacobs fought a good fight, seems as if it was a close round and noone landed anything then canelo won it by default and 'jacobs isnt doing enough' Marquez and spence had it right but a draw would have been fair too like the boxingscene card and froch had it.Canelo did not win the fight!!!
This is the only Canelo fight I can remember where the cards were actually accurate. I almost had a bet where they would be 118-110.

It wasn’t a great performance but Jacobs is a good, rangy boxer. If he’d of put more pressure on in certain rounds, yea he’d of won. But he didn’t win this fight.
Lomadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:22 AM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 776 Post(s)
dibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,161.40
Total Points: 29,112.76
No Message - -jose- Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Sorry to ruin 'la fiesta' but i just dont see it. He didnt do enough to win the fight, same as GGG fights. Since when do you win rounds based on having good head movement alone? Jacobs was catching his punches on the gloves but doesnt seem to get any credit for that? Whereas all i read is 'canelo made him miss doe', i cant think of that much eye catching stuff he actually landed clean?. Jacobs fought a good fight, seems as if it was a close round and noone landed anything then canelo won it by default and 'jacobs isnt doing enough' Marquez and spence had it right but a draw would have been fair too like the boxingscene card and froch had it.Canelo did not win the fight!!!
I agree that he did nothing special. It wasn’t a win that would jump you out of your seat or would guarantee his spot as p4p king. Nelo really has no second gear in fact he weakens — more often than not — in the second half of the fight. He doesn’t have the gas tank to separate himself in the championship rounds like most legends do.

As for Jacobs, he did okay, if doing okay was his goal, if it was hanging on and not get totally outclassed then he achieved that. I don’t understand underdogs who talked a lot only to not have any sense of urgency while they’re in the ring and just fkn contented to fight slow.

Nelo won, but it wasn’t special at all. It wasn’t outclassing or total domination. It was just meh winning.

Of course it doesn’t mean any way he’s easy to beat either. Dude is tough as nails, the win just isn’t special
dibzvincent143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:39 AM #24
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 727 Post(s)
redmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond reputeredmish has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 17,298.65

I had Canelo winning by a couple of rounds in the end but, what a disappointing fight it was. Jacob's never seemed to work hard enough and Canelo looked tired after 7 rounds, with his classier work ensuring the win. Poor.
redmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:42 AM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9011 Post(s)
Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 46,711.43
Total Points: 64,578.35
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley 
appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules beer's on me bro - Mike D Well said - -jose- racist coward - boxingsupreme87 
Real talk - jas war sugar - Mike D No Message - mathed Have some popcorn my brotha! - Mighty_Windir Suck my BBC, yall will lose then never see a repurblican win again.,, - STAX ON DECK 
For think'n you're relevant ! LOL ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Good posts - ΣNΣMY One of the best posters here - 1bad65 Spitting truth bout towels - Shontae De'marc Stock Savvy - BoxingFan85 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jas 

Lmao, OP is a ****ing idiot.

Canelo outclassed a very game jacobs. There is levels to the boxing game
Sugar Adam Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:44 AM #26
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
sunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond reputesunny31 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 102,052.48
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 

Quote:
You're a lost cause
sunny31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:59 AM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2433 Post(s)
DuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 48,960.82
I'm proud to be the first to pop your ignorance cherry - Boxing Goat Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Nah you're tripping

Jacobs lost clearly in a relatively close fight. No controversy this time. Good cards
DuckAdonis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:05 AM #28
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5018 Post(s)
Vlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 102,035.13
Total Points: 106,976.51
Mayweather Children Charity Foundation Medal - Mike D Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Cheers, good sir! - Tony Trick-Pony Nice posting, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanx For The Interesting Conversation! - S7V7N 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushking View Post
Your CLEARLY too stupid to read the part where I said IN 8 RDS
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
your heads so far up gggs ass your getting pressure sickness from talking into gennadiys brown eye
Missed the 8 rounds part. Wasn’t fully awake.
Vlad_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:07 AM #29
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 512 Post(s)
AKAcronym has a brilliant futureAKAcronym has a brilliant futureAKAcronym has a brilliant futureAKAcronym has a brilliant futureAKAcronym has a brilliant futureAKAcronym has a brilliant futureAKAcronym has a brilliant futureAKAcronym has a brilliant futureAKAcronym has a brilliant futureAKAcronym has a brilliant futureAKAcronym has a brilliant future
Total Points: 18,232.40

Not the biggest Canelo fan but he won pretty clear. His defense was great as usual but there was nothing spectacular about his performance. Definitely landed the better shots and overall better work. Jab was good at times too. Idk if it was because of Jacobs but something wasn't quite there with Canelo. He's still fast but he seemed slower? maybe, idk if I'm choosing the right word. Even Duran said he appeared slower. Good performance though and a disappointing one from Danny.
AKAcronym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:27 AM #30
Kingslayer

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
SCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond reputeSCEN3RY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 15,164.94
cheers. - chiguy91 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

Jacobs sure as hell didn't do enough to win the fight. What was that? Was he scared to throw and only let his hands go when Canelo started to slow and tire?

Canelo did not look great. No argument here. But I still give him credit for walking down the CLEARLY bigger man (let's not argue there either), landing the cleaner shots and doing just enough to edge some of those close rounds. Canelo looked slower than usual, tired much faster than he had in the Golovkin fight as well. I know he did minimal road work for this fight and that might have something to do with it??? Idk, Jacobs certainly kept him on edge and never let him just tee off either.

It's not always as easy as it looks. You have to be careful with a guy like Jacobs even if all he's showing you is defense; he's sustaining his own energy while Canelo is expending his. I think the problem is, fans look at these fights too cut and dry, when ever factor actually matters. Canelo did well against that frustrating look; very defensive fighter with a longer reach, taller and has a weight advantage.
SCEN3RY is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
'great', canelo, night....., performance

User Tag List